Nuremberg 2023

Denford

41 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

What’s with the use of the word ‘Tentative’ for the 1/72 F-35? That seems to imply that Tamiya are not quite sure if this release is happening. Perhaps not the best choice of words perhaps? Anyway, any new 1/72 Tamiya kit has got to be a good thing, although if the Tamiya boxed (Italeri) moulds sells for anywhere between $80-$100 down here, how much will this one cost? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Not enough to stop us buying it! I think a shop with HLJ or Plazajapan might be on the cards when it comes out.

36 minutes ago, TheKinksFan said:

They probably use machine translation, it's common in Japan. It must mean that the box art might not be the final version. 

That sounds right. I think it must be where we might say “provisional”…

EDIT:”This kanji "仮" means "temporary", "provisional", "tentative", "transient", "interim"

best,

M.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 12:23 PM, Denford said:

Only a week to go now, and most of the 'major players' in the modelling world have announced their new releases, even if Tamiya won't say what it actually is.

However a recent, unguarded remark suggested that somebody will be progressively releasing the full range of Corsairs.  The response to my enquiry for details of scale and that it was the F4U range got a very frosty look.

I've been through, from A to Z, all manufacturers I can think of, without being sure who it might be......

Eduard already said they are going to eventually release all WWII US Naval fighters.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Violet Club said:

I wonder if there are photo reports somewhere, like the ones shown on ipms Deustchland, the previous years...

I think I read a post from the Editor of SAM Magazine saying that one of the IPMS DE contributors had sadly passed away, who was usually quite thorough with content from the Toy Fair, so that may affect things?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Homebee said:

I wish he had invested in a microphone  :(

Anyway it looks like there are plenty of new kits.

Only the air force guys are complaining left and right because they did not get their 10th iteration of a Sopwith Dromedary Mk.IVa(b) or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, SprueMan said:

I wish he had invested in a microphone  :(

Anyway it looks like there are plenty of new kits.

Only the air force guys are complaining left and right because they did not get their 10th iteration of a Sopwith Dromedary Mk.IVa(b) or something.

Any variant of BiG Ts latest a/c  (109, Spit, P-38,  F-14, F-4) would have been well perceived.

I haven't been an AFV modeller for :hmmm:maybe 15 years, but that Panzerjäger IV looks mighty good. Back 30 years ago, I remember crafting a lump of some resin superstructure and a twisted resin barrel on a Tamiya Pz IV H chassis, yes the oldie and goldie one. It looked horrible. Today's modellers are so lucky!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SprueMan said:

10th iteration of a Sopwith Dromedary Mk.IVa(b) or something.

Bit harsh.

The Italeri stand with that giant AMX backdrop suggests we won't have to wait a couple of years for that to appear. 

57 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Bit harsh.

The Italeri stand with that giant AMX backdrop suggests we won't have to wait a couple of years for that to appear. 

They invested into big backdrop because they know they will use if for several years 😉

• Haha 9

50 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I didn't realise that the Revell 1/32 Bf-109G-6 was going to be a competitor to the Airfix Quickbuilds...

1/32nd - ref. 03653 - Messerschmitt Bf.109G-6 Gustav - easy-click system

Source: https://ipmsdeutschland.de/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/DSC00041.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

And in the catalogue they are two different references with the same art !!!! See herebelow:

- ref. 04665 - 1/32nd - Messerchmitt Bf.109G-6 - late and early versions - level 5 - 182 parts - 2013

- ref. 03653 - 1/32nd - Messerchmitt Bf.109G-6 - easy click system - level 2 - 42 parts - 2023 New tool

Same scale but different announced length in the catalogue ????  284 mm vs 186 mm :hmmm:

G61.png

G62.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 4:05 PM, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Model reviews have no impact on the modelling market.

Not true. I was talking to the owner of Hannants London a while ago, on this subject. He stated that he can always tell when a brand new kit has received great reviews, as he is flooded with orders for it. Modellers are influenced by reviewers, just like folks in all other walks of life are. 

Also, the exact opposite is true. Bad reviews can utterly destroy sales of a kit. 

Chris.  

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending some information.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GioCare said:

I have the suspect the new 72 scale  F35 from Airfix is something of the 109 Revell Kind ... 

No they already do the F-35 in the Quickbuild range, the new F-35B will be like the Hawk, Spitfire Vc, Sherman Firefly & Tiger kits, as a more simple kit for begineers. Thatswhy many of the Airfix 72nd fans were rather disappointed as they had opted not to release a more detailed kit for the more experienced modeller. It will end up as a slap together kit t be used in the background of a CVF flight deck diorama whilst a more detailed Academy kit is used as the centrepiece focal model

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Homebee said:

- ref. 03653 - 1/32nd - Messerchmitt Bf.109G-6 - easy click system - level 2 - 42 parts - 2023 New tool

Same scale but different announced length in the catalogue ????  284 mm vs 186 mm :hmmm:

Notice what it says on the box art? 1:24....

5 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Talk to the manufacturers, preferably a few, you will be very surprised. Even the haters can't realistically influence the sales of a kit.

manufacturer sales to distributors? 
Yeah, I can accept those not making a difference. 
Does mean the retailer and distributor gets stuck with the boxes on the shelves though..

• Like 1