What are you building.....

Paul J

For me due to the cold weather and other condition reasons, excessive heating costs, not a lot. But for this year so far  I have only almost finished one new build. A KP Morava courtesy Ridgerunner. 

I have only been in my shed about four times this year to try and get on with any kits. With the odd milder days, I have been making a little progress but at the same time attempting to complete 6 other models started last year (2022). Who knows, I  might finish them by spring!

• Paul J changed the title to What are you building.....

Between working overtime ( I average 57 hours a week) and putting up with the wife's " to-do" list , I haven't even been in my hobby house in months.

That, and the temperatures here have been 17 degrees each morning for a week! 

I did attempt to build a very simple flat car kit for my model railroad .... it's still sitting on our living room table .... half completed ..... been there since before Christmas .... 

( the dust covering it seems quite realistic ........)

Edited by Little Timmy
Additional usless information

Currently working on an HH-43 and an HH-53 in 1/72, Have just completed a Chipmunk, a T-33A and an F-86D, also in 1/72. Hopefully have the Super Jolly done by the weekend so I can start a T-39 - all for Sculthorpe on 5.2.23. Reasonable start since New Year.

Just finishing off the Mikro Mir AW52 that will miss the GB deadline. As my last three kits have short run, I have an Airfix Hawk T2 on the go and starting an Arma Hurricane IIC, all in 1/72nd. I model in the corner of our dining room with a bureau with a drop down lid and a set of office draws on wheels to keep paints etc. Means I can work all year round. We live in a 200 year old stone farmhouse that keeps reasonably habitable in winter (two foot thick exterior walls with an air space and plenty of roof insulation and modern windows, beggar all phone signal though).

• Like 1

Currently converting an Airfix Bristol 192 Belvedere into a production Belvedere HC.1 with the long defunct Maintrack resin conversion set that my great late friend Mike McEvoy gave me. 

I'm currently building Games Workshop stuff as it means i can work in the house due them being brush painted and the paint being non stinky and water based. Here's one i finished over the weekend.

p?i=479fccec34cc70c4b88d7fde1da10e55

Will be back in the shed come spring once it warms up a bit. The shed is well insulated and i've worked in there over winter before with a heater on.. If i went in there at the minute though keeping it warm and cosy enough to work in would probably blow several years worth of the modelling budget! 😬

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2

I have been working on building and converting Land Rover kits plus an AEC Matador recovery truck; however, a knee injury has kept me from the mancave for a while.  I've just had surgery for the knee and am recuperating and, hopefully, will be able to get back to modelling soon.  

I popped into the mancave and took these photos today.  I'm looking forward to getting back to them very soon!

Italeri Land Rover Series 3 kits conversion to RAF and RN TACR1 fire trucks.

spacer.png

AFV Club AEC Matador conversion to a postwar breakdown recovery vehicle.

spacer.png

cheers,

Mike

• Like 6

Some interesting builds going on among the fraternity. I will soon be finishing two 1/32  subjects that will be reported in RFI over the coming weeks. One is a ASK31 gliders and the other  PA 18 Super Cub to go with it.

At the moment, I'm working to finish these:

1/24 Airfix Hurricane with a work in progress   here

AFV Club Scimitar FV107 with a work in progress here

I'm lucky as we have a sunroom on the back of the house, so I have a table set up in it .... and it can all be hidden away when the need  arises!  

Keith  😁

Hi Rog,

the motorbikes are BSA M20 bikes, produced by Tamiya [35316], which I plan to convert to various military and civilian uses. 

spacer.png

Some will become Police bikes,  civilian and RAF, and others as general postwar civilian versions.  These will need the various changes and amendments, such as the front forks replacing with hydraulic struts.

spacer.png

As I learn more about bikes, I would like to build or convert other bikes and scooters for my 1:35 scale dioramas.

Unfortunately, post war bikes and scootes, such as those by BSA, Norton, Triumph, Honda and Vespa etc., are not available as 1:35 scale kits so I shall have to scratchbuild most of them.  My dioramas tend to be based on the 1960s eras, with the Honda 50 bike and Vespa/Lambretta scooters eluding me so far.

cheers,
Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1