Tamiya Tiger in 1/35

IanC

Hi everyone. This is another Tamiya early production Tiger I, completely out of the box but using aftermarket decals to represent a vehicle from s.Pz.Abt. 505 on the Eastern Front in the summer of 1943. It represents a relatively new tank, hence the still neatly stowed track/tow cables, absence of damage and the light weathering. I replaced the commander with an Alpine resin figure.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

All the best,

Ian

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GRK said:

Very nice! Special mention for the figure though, amazingly neat! The eyes look very convincing and can I see fingernails??! 

45 minutes ago, ErikT said:

Very nicely done!  It's nice to see a newer tank without all the weathering.  I wish I could get my figures' eyes to look like that.  They always end up looking derpy.

Thanks. I don't normally paint eyes in 1/35. Tamiya faces are easier as the blokes tend to be squinting more, so you can get away with just a bit of carefully applied dark paint, which in that scale I feel is perhaps more realistic. However, they're so well defined on this resin figure that I felt I had to give them a go. It's not something I want to repeat too often... 🔍 😀

That's really well completed, nice to see an armour build that isn't filthy, but still has a little wear and rear for realism and interest - a fine balance that you have treaded well. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Keeff said:

That's a superb finish .... I'm sure the commanders eyes were following me .... 👀

Keith  😁

Thanks Keith. Yes, he is a bit scarey! 😃

2 hours ago, Dave1968 said:

Very nice!

I personally don't like models with heavy weathering and mud all over the place - prefer the cleaner look :)

What did you make the ariel out of and what did you weather the tracks with?

Cheers

Dave

Many thanks for your comment Dave. The aerial is an Aber brass item. Tracks were painted dark grey and then weathered with AK pigments and diluted oils. The metal effects were done with a 3B pencil.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...