A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72

I'm exhausted just reading through the modifications! 

Amazing builds the pair of them. It simply doesn't look like it is possible that they are only 1/72 size - the detail and precision of build, painting and weathering would be incredible, if we hadn't seen it unfold over 180-odd pages.

Wonderful. I feel like a prehistoric ape staring up at a big black smooth slab.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

Its been such an epic build and a pleasure to follow,i just can't wait to see your next project.

Would it be possible to see them next to the Chipmunk and Jet Provosts?.

• Like 3

The bar for 1/72 has been raised to unprecedented heights - a giant leap for mankind.   :worthy:  I am not worthy to even look at these Hawks…

I’ve got the Airfix kit in the stash along with a Master Models pitot and a Xtradecal sheet.  I was planning to add some seat belts, thinking that would give me a nice little project.  Not really going to cut it now though is it?  🙄

• Haha 10

You have set new standards for 1:72 scale aircraft. Outstanding isn't strong enough of a word. I don't know which superlative word is. I have the Airfix Hawk 100 in my stash, but now I'm not sure what to do with it. At least I have some extraordinary subjects to aim at. Thank you for that!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find extraordinary and absolutely amazing that:

- you remember all the mods you did to the original kits (albeit knowing what you do for a living, I'd be willing to bet that you kept notes along the way :devil:)

- you learned and mastered 3D in such a short time span

- you mastered "traditional" modelling techniques along the way

- you kept going for seven years, keeping up with all the banter from us usual suspects 

The end result is absolutely astonishing,  but I need to get back to this and watch it on a big screen, not just from my phone.

The camouflage Hawk is my favorite too, but they both deserve these:

:gobsmacked:  :yahoo:  :worthy:  :clap:  

luckily your next build is going to be much quicker.... :D

Ciao 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Utterly remarkable Steve. 

As other esteemed members have remarked, these are some of the finest 1/72nd scale models we've ever witnessed.

Brilliant job on both aircraft and now a question........how?

I mean I've read what you've done and I understand the processes but the question remains.......simply how?

I am very eager to see what you build next whether it be a 1/48th scale Defiant or a 1/32nd scale Hurricane. Whatever it is I know the build is highly likely to be  informative, eye opening and ultimately entertaining. 

Thanks so much for taking us all along for the ride, it's been a pleasure.

Cheers

Edited by geedubelyer
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to repeat myself again with what I said in the build thread that these are two of the best aeroplane models I've seen in ANY scale..... oh, drat, I think I just did.. :)

Not much else to say that hasn't been said already Steve, other than they are both magnificent and simply stunning to look at! 

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s taken me three go’s to think of something appropriate to say about these superlative Hawk kits, however whatever appreciative words I write, please magnify them by 100%. Honestly, if this is not the highest level of 1/72 modelling, I don’t know what is. We all strive to achieve perfection, it’s nice to know that someone out there, can manage to reach it! 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Excellent stuff. I imagine there were exciting moments during the build, like doing the NACA ducts for instance. I did 18 months or so working on them at Chivenor before I left the RAF, so I think I can vouch for how good they are. Now, isn't there a 1/32 kit out there? Just saying...😃

• Haha 4

So in short, there wasn’t / isn’t a huge amount of Airfix left :D

These are just gorgeous little renditions of a beautiful aeroplane. The added detail and attention has raised these to perhaps the ultimate Hawks in this scale. Beautiful!

Tom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again - two stunners that you can be VERY proud of.

Giorgio summed it up for me - two amazing models, greatly extended techniques and a superb result. 

Wow, what a ride!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1