"There goes your Christmas Bonus"

Excellent, as a former forklift operator. I never  did  fall off the loading bay. But I did misjudge the height of the forks and stabbed an awful lot of hairspray cans instead of the pallet. The smell was awful but my hair was perfect afterwards. 🤣

Another day I came the closest ever to dying in my life, despite  riding  motorcycles, flying planes and being  generally  careless. I  was standing near the forklift which was lifting a pallet of  chocolate chip  cookies onto the high  shelf. The pallet suddenly collapsed. I dived out of the way but was caught  by  a couple of  boxes and stunned. 

When I  looked back there  was a neat  pile of chocolate chip  cookie boxes exactly where I'd stood. 

Imagine the coroners report? 🤣 Killed  by chocolate  chip cookies!

A delicious death! Death by chocolate.

The worst bit though was that I  had to get  new  pallet and stack the boxes again. Health and  Safety. What's  that? 🤣

Edited by noelh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, noelh said:

Excellent, as a former forklift operator. I never  did  fall off the loading bay. But I did misjudge the height of the forks and stabbed an awful lot of hairspray cans instead of the pallet. The smell was awful but my hair was perfect afterwards. 🤣

Another day I came the closest ever to dying in my life, despite  riding  motorcycles, flying planes and being  generally  careless. I  was standing near the forklift which was lifting a pallet of  chocolate chip  cookies onto the high  shelf. The pallet suddenly collapsed. I dived out of the way but was caught  by  a couple of  boxes and stunned. 

When I  looked back there  was a neat  pile of chocolate chip  cookie boxes exactly where I'd stood. 

Imagine the coroners report? 🤣 Killed  by chocolate  chip cookies!

A delicious death! Death by chocolate.

The worst bit though was that I  had to get  new  pallet and stack the boxes again. Health and  Safety. What's  that? 🤣

Appreciate that concoction of events that took place coming forklift drivers. I bet there are many that have stories similar to yours. Some can laugh, others not so lucky. We are thankful to be alive and not mame. Thank you. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I wouldn’t like to be health and safety officer in Tiking World. Horrendous accidents and egregious violations seem to be round every corner!

Beautifully done, always…

best,

M.

My appreciation. Thank you kindly. 

10 hours ago, JamesP said:

Wonderful work all the way down to the texture of the tarmac. The figures, did you scan some willing friends?

Thank you very much, James. The figures were scanned by a company and made by Reedoak.com. Do check it out. 

• Like 1

That is a cracking model.  Well done.  Characters really well painted. 

So lets think about forklifts in the Warehouse....

Roller doors always  come down during a Practice Fire Alarm, Forks driver thinks he can get through the door before it drops too low, drives straight into descending roller door......

Driver carrying Fridge Freezers 3 high through door, problem is door only tall enough for two.....

Forklift driver drives over plastic wrap, plastic wrap goes up into the engine and gets bound around the radiator, smoke, steam, crunching noises from Engine...

Driver emptying trailer, does not look when reversing, runs into a trailer behind, smashing the valve on the Gas Fuel Container, gas throughout the warehouse....

Battery powered truck has a battery change, somewhere in the process cables get damaged, twenty minutes later there is a smell of smoke, battery popping and the driving racing through the warehouse as he thinks its going to explode. 

Goodness, don't ask for stories about Forklift trucks, I could write a book LOL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PLC1966 said:

That is a cracking model.  Well done.  Characters really well painted. 

Roller doors always  come down during a Practice Fire Alarm, Forks driver thinks he can get through the door before it drops too low, drives straight into descending roller door......

Driver carrying Fridge Freezers 3 high through door, problem is door only tall enough for two.....

Forklift driver drives over plastic wrap, plastic wrap goes up into the engine and gets bound around the radiator, smoke, steam, crunching noises from Engine...

Driver emptying trailer, does not look when reversing, runs into a trailer behind, smashing the valve on the Gas Fuel Container, gas throughout the warehouse....

Battery powered truck has a battery change, somewhere in the process cables get damaged, twenty minutes later there is a smell of smoke, battery popping and the driving racing through the warehouse as he thinks its going to explode. 

Goodness, don't ask for stories about Forklift trucks, I could write a book LOL.

Oh my! You've just painted us a scene. :) "reality at its best. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

Lorry loading, counter balances all in use so chap decides to load 40 footer with a reach truck. Drives on to the lorry with a pallet, raises forks to deposit it on top of existing pallet. Forgets that the mast rises. Outcome - very expensive hole in roof of trailer🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BillF67 said:

Lorry loading, counter balances all in use so chap decides to load 40 footer with a reach truck. Drives on to the lorry with a pallet, raises forks to deposit it on top of existing pallet. Forgets that the mast rises. Outcome - very expensive hole in roof of trailer🤣🤣🤣

Shouldn't laugh should we....

Guy putting stock into racking at Location FF Level 3. 

He put the stock on the rack, opened his fork clamps and the four washing machines dropped straight between the cross beams of the racking onto the level. There was no mesh between the beams!!  

He made a big hoo hah about H&S and the racking being unsafe until it was pointed out that had he followed the instruction on his scanner and put the stock into Location DD tier 3 rather than Location FF all would have been fine, FF was out of action due to safety concerns. 

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2023 at 7:34 PM, BillF67 said:

Ouch! Seems to be very frequent. 

On 1/28/2023 at 8:10 PM, PLC1966 said:

Shouldn't laugh should we....

Guy putting stock into racking at Location FF Level 3. 

He put the stock on the rack, opened his fork clamps and the four washing machines dropped straight between the cross beams of the racking onto the level. There was no mesh between the beams!!  

He made a big hoo hah about H&S and the racking being unsafe until it was pointed out that had he followed the instruction on his scanner and put the stock into Location DD tier 3 rather than Location FF all would have been fine, FF was out of action due to safety concerns. 

Wow! Seems very hard to prevent these types of incidents.