453rd BG Museum Build - USAAF Boulton Paul Defiant TT Mk I (from the Airfix 1/48 Mk I) - FINISHED

Fritag

11 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

What’s. dish cloot?

Dish cloth.

And I agree with Alan, definitely one of your best, if not top of the pile!

Absolutely stunning would be apt if it were OOB, but with all the extra printed bits it's almost beyond stunning, and certainly unique.

You should be very proud of this one, Steve!

Ian

PS treat yourself to a vacation to celebrate!

• Haha 8

Utterly superb work! I've just happened across this again and have been enjoying seeing how many techniques I'd be unable to match. I can dream, though 🙂.

I was also taken by how good the colours looked... then I saw what you'd used and it was all made clear to me. Beautiful!

Looking forward to whatever the next model is.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2023 at 8:54 PM, Zephyr91 said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob

PS: That was me being speechless

Eloquent, Rob.  I often think that a period of speechlessness would have served me better than the nonsense I filled a silence with....

On 9/11/2023 at 8:49 AM, AdrianMF said:

And all in less than a hundred pages, too :whistle:

Must've had writer's block, Adrian.  Note to self, be even more verbose....  :winkgrin:

On 9/11/2023 at 10:03 AM, Dave Slowbuild said:

I have one major disappointment regarding the finished model; which is that it is now finished!  

See Adrian, - Dave wouldn't have minded another few pages :rofl2:

On 9/11/2023 at 10:10 AM, tomprobert said:

I'll be sure to look out for this when I'm next up at Old Buc - I'll be sorry to miss you when you all get together.

You'll be missed, Tom.

On 9/11/2023 at 5:08 PM, hendie said:

He'll be modeling bloody helicopters next 

Bloody won't.  I like to have at least a basic understanding of what I'm building...

On 9/11/2023 at 7:46 PM, Brandy said:

PS treat yourself to a vacation to celebrate!

I'd take that as an order.  Save that Mrs F has just had foot surgery and is having some more in October - so no (proper) leave until next year now!  Spect I'll have to take her away for the odd night or two tho' - and maybe for a few dats after christmas - for  moral purposes obvs :whistle:

On 9/13/2023 at 4:28 PM, keefr22 said:

old skool muddling

I've been known to get muddled in the simplest of circumstances as it happens.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

On 8/5/2023 at 9:36 PM, Serkan Sen said:

When I will get back from vacation, if Steve allows me, I'll send him a fully 3D printed A-12/TA-12 Oxcart/Titanium Goose in 1:72 scale as a gift for his one of the  near future project, and I'll take a step back and watch with great pleasure how he finishes that bird. (of course I am expecting to see his 3D printed add-ons as usual)

Serkan

I haven't forgotten my word Steve.

I have attempted to send a mail to you without having success. I receive a such a strange message:

"Fritag cannot receive messages."

Serkan

8 hours ago, Serkan Sen said:

haven't forgotten my word Steve.

I have attempted to send a mail to you without having success. I receive a such a strange message:

"Fritag cannot receive messages."

Dunno why that’s happened, Serkan.  I’ve PM’d you.

The yellow stripes are too yellow!

The black stripes are too black!

The sharkmouth' s got too many teeth!

American or British? Too many roundels!!!

Canopies are far too clear! They look like perspex!

It's definitely a tail sitter!

Your skills at whatever new technique you try are simply....unacceptable!!! My liver got worse!!!

Sorry to say this, but your effort to make it look better than the Airfix offer was useless, it doesn't look like a Gladiator at all !!!

I didn't enjoy this build and I don't like this model.

Try harder the next time!!!

Ciao

Massimo

• Haha 13