1:32 Reskit F-111 cockpit module

ElectroSoldier

Just saw a post by Reskit announcing a 1:32 scale F-111 cockpit module.

It seems to be a stand alone kit which is why I didnt put it with the other conversions.
It has no kit to convert.

326500178_883898336362831_13408882468960

326406715_1197603250868883_6752051316022

326538315_579312106945216_20404761211730

326554796_725848415658870_22149612137438

326422643_1126452961370620_6041454526870

326491758_573119677678333_67496329336658

326566594_1201249534099203_5663235890400

326555781_720164556374978_56951806562099

https://scontent.flhr1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/326774886_3226186894355359_9195138114088260350_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=f82QxWgullEAX-oobe4&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr1-1.fna&oh=00_AfABK5Ldy7itZol8Q4Cg9s2oH0273DsVIKm11P1q5-10OQ&oe=63D08B2A

Edited by ElectroSoldier
  • Like 6

That the kit is novel is beyond question, but I'm not understanding where the mass appeal for this kit might be. I suspect many others, like myself, would be wide open to the release of a 1/32 F-111.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

That the kit is novel is beyond question, but I'm not understanding where the mass appeal for this kit might be. I suspect many others, like myself, would be wide open to the release of a 1/32 F-111.

Other companies have released similar products in the past, and they were quite popular, if "limited run" when compared to other product lines.
There was an F-16 and F-104 cockpit that I know of.

Ive abandoned all hope on a 1:32 F-111.

Ill tell you something though, the Hobby boss F-111 line of kits has been popular sellers for all the years they were in production. Never any trouble moving them. except the EF-111, thats not as popular as the bombers.

Edited by ElectroSoldier
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

Maybe they'll do a nose next, then a set of intakes, a left wing, a right, etc, etc....

A very cunning plan to help the modeller covertly add a very large and obvious subject to their stash.....!

• Haha 4

On 1/21/2023 at 1:03 AM, SAT69 said:

I wouldn't think they're going for mass appeal. They did most of the work (research, 3D) required here already for their 1/48 cockpit upgrade kits so it's a cool idea to make some extra money off that work.

Shame the parachute's not included, though :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dudikoff said:

I wouldn't think they're going for mass appeal. They did most of the work (research, 3D) required here already for their 1/48 cockpit upgrade kits so it's a cool idea to make some extra money off that work.

Shame the parachute's not included, though :)

And a crew.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 12:03 AM, SAT69 said:

Perosnally, I have no interest whatsoever in a full 1/32 F-111, but this kit is VERY interesting.

That aside, seeing as its reskit it'll probably cost just as much as a full F-111 kit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

That’s the one! Plus it was 1/12 not 16. Can’t tell my scales anymore 🙄

Need a new 6502 Processor for that shiny metal *** of yours! :lol:

The first release btw came out 40 years ago! :cry:

For how long ago they were made they built up really nice. They should rerelease them. But with an updated cockpit.
Here's one right here on BM.

Also a 1/32 F-111 was announced back in the day by Tanmodel. But went missing.
I would like this as well. A full 1/32 Aardvark would be too big. 

On 1/23/2023 at 9:08 PM, sinistervampire319 said:

Need a new 6502 Processor for that shiny metal *** of yours! :lol:

The first release btw came out 40 years ago! :cry:

For how long ago they were made they built up really nice. They should rerelease them. But with an updated cockpit.
Here's one right here on BM.

Also a 1/32 F-111 was announced back in the day by Tanmodel. But went missing.
I would like this as well. A full 1/32 Aardvark would be too big. 

According to scalemates, there's an F-111 vacform....😈

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tigger-models-084-f-111-c-fb--1449403

On 1/21/2023 at 1:03 AM, SAT69 said:

Resin or 3d printed items are never made in big numbers anyway, a product like this can only have a small production run for a small number of enthusiasts. 

15 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Resin or 3d printed items are never made in big numbers anyway, a product like this can only have a small production run for a small number of enthusiasts. 

Given the realease of printers like the Phrozen Sonic Mighty 8k I wonder if it wont be long before we get models released as STL files, which would increase that number

8 hours ago, petetasker said:

Hannants now have it listed as a preorder at £129.99 - not cheap!

The cockpit is £129.99?

8 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Given the realease of printers like the Phrozen Sonic Mighty 8k I wonder if it wont be long before we get models released as STL files, which would increase that number

Tricky one... personally I've always been skeptical of the idea of thousands of modellers printing their own models from files purchased from a manufacturer. Sure there's an ever increasing number of enthusiasts dealing with 3d-printing, as testified by the great stuff we see on this same forum (and I know, I should give it a try myself...) but I don't know how large such a number will become. 3d-printing afterall is not a downloadfile-import-print-assemble job, as again shown by the work  shown here.

I also wonder how well would something like that fit the business model of a company: sure they will have made their own CAD model of the object, something that requires time and hence money. Sure the file should be sold for a relatively small sum compared to the finished object, but would this sum make sense ? And how can a manufacturer avoid the free distribution of the files after someone bought them ? We'd likely see files from various manufacturers offered for free on websites hosted in countries where copyright is not really respected...

It's one of those situations where the answer really lies with the financial viability more than else. Personally if it were my own company I'd keep producing sets while keeping all files to myself, but it's just a feeling based on how things work now...

7 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Tricky one... personally I've always been skeptical of the idea of thousands of modellers printing their own models from files purchased from a manufacturer. Sure there's an ever increasing number of enthusiasts dealing with 3d-printing, as testified by the great stuff we see on this same forum (and I know, I should give it a try myself...) but I don't know how large such a number will become. 3d-printing afterall is not a downloadfile-import-print-assemble job, as again shown by the work  shown here.

I also wonder how well would something like that fit the business model of a company: sure they will have made their own CAD model of the object, something that requires time and hence money. Sure the file should be sold for a relatively small sum compared to the finished object, but would this sum make sense ? And how can a manufacturer avoid the free distribution of the files after someone bought them ? We'd likely see files from various manufacturers offered for free on websites hosted in countries where copyright is not really respected...

It's one of those situations where the answer really lies with the financial viability more than else. Personally if it were my own company I'd keep producing sets while keeping all files to myself, but it's just a feeling based on how things work now...

I could understand all those reservations if it wasnt already happening.

On 26/01/2023 at 10:50, Giorgio N said:

Have you tried to use someone else's downloaded copy of Word

Edited by Phoenix44

I have to agree that a 1/32 F.111 makes more sense but I have always been surprised that manufacturers have not tested the idea of stand-alone cockpit kits but in a larger scale such as 1/16 or even 1/6 (action figure size). A vacformed outer skin coud keep the cost down and the end result would be most impressive.  Personally I would like He162, Ar234, Me163 but a Mk.1 Spitfire would surely be the best way to test the market.

Paul

I remember reading in Arthur Ward's history of Airfix that they considered a range of aircraft cockpits in, I thing, 1/12 scale (could be wrong about the scale, it's some time since I read the book).  One considered was the Lancaster, to be released with a copy of the pilot's notes.  That's an idea I would be happy to see Airfix resurrect.