Greetings from Scotland

wing and a prayer

Hi,

new member here from Dundee in Scotland. I recently retired and now with time on my hands, I’m getting back into scale modelling after a 45 year hiatus. Where did the time go?  I recall building kits when I was a mere lad and thoroughly enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to reliving those days.

I bought a compressor/air brush and expect a steep learning curve having never used this painting technique before. I’ve had a look around the forum and it’s packed with great advice but I’ve no doubt I’ll have questions to ask. 

Best regards to all existing members,

Arthur.

• Like 5

Welcome back to the hobby Arthur. Greetings from the other side of the world...the north eastern part of Australia...near the tropical touristy city of Cairns. Here's  to some happy hobbying for you! 

• Thanks 1

Welcome from USA. What do you favor for builds, aircraft , ships, armor or anything and everything? I heard of that Dundee place, my wife's grandparents are from up the road in Carnoustie. Enjoy and have fun with the air brush!

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone, apologies for my very late response to the kind comments and response to my first post on the forum. Thank you to those kind souls that welcomed me.

My main interest is WW2 era aircraft but that extends to WW1 biplanes and modern combat fighter aircraft. Anything really with wings and guns! 

I bought an airbrush and compressor recently and have just started on the very steep learning curve of weathering techniques, shading etc. Thankfully there’s plenty of info on this brilliant forum, the web and plenty of excellent YouTube videos. 

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome.

• Like 3