Airbrush Holder/Stand Recommendation

IanF

Can anybody recommend a good airbrush workbench holder/stand please? 

I’ve realised airbrush work might be easier if I’m not balancing the airbrush on paint jars, my knees or between my teeth😂

Thanks in Advance 

Ian 

Edited by IanF

Hi Ian

I have had one of these for more than twenty years and has given great service, doing the job very well. I have two airbrushes and have quick release valves on them, so I can leave them in the holder all the time. I would add these are Iwata gravity feed brushes and so sit side by side comfortably.

https://airbrushes.com/product_info.php?cPath=400_14_416&products_id=870

Hope this helps

Seventysecond

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have had a couple of the glass pots but the downside of them is that they are not secured so if you knock them on a floor with no carpet, as I have, they end up smashing. In the end I bought a similar type to seventysecond but for just two brushes. The price was quite reasonable as well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/20/2023 at 5:25 PM, SeventySecond said:

Hi Ian

I have had one of these for more than twenty years and has given great service, doing the job very well. I have two airbrushes and have quick release valves on them, so I can leave them in the holder all the time. I would add these are Iwata gravity feed brushes and so sit side by side comfortably.

https://airbrushes.com/product_info.php?cPath=400_14_416&products_id=870

Hope this helps

Seventysecond

Hi Seventysecond

That’s perfect, duly ordered. Thank you so much! 

Ian

Iwata makes a dual-brush stand with a desk-/table-top clamp. I attached it to my compressor by drilling holes in the compressor box and fitting the correct machine screws for the pre-threaded holes in the stand.

iwata-rig.jpg

• 3 months later...

https://www.harborfreight.com/airbrush-holder-69449.html

This is $10.70 USD, it is surprisingly heavy and steady, has little suction feet which work well on a smooth surface;

also as the feet are spaced well apart it is very stable unit

It can hold four brushes, I only use the top two, which are rubber coated

very handy as I have two different quick connect sizes with quick connects to Paasche and other size brushes

this is a supplier manufactured stand that is sold B2B to middlemen who resell under all sorts of names so you can get these for online prices from $10 to $ 30 delivered, need to shop around  

Saw in a post reply that the cleaning pots come with holders; I use the cleaning pots freehand so I can direct the exhaust into the spray booth, so I got rid of the metal parts;

As I spray almost exclusively acrylics, also tend to backflush with warm to start cleaning then some home brew cleaner then water again so now do it directly into the booth filter - seems to make it easier to wash out the filter in a washing machine!