KFK Kriegsfischkutter (1/350 by ICM) - Finished

Faraway

Gidday Jon, congrats on ANOTHER completion. (I haven't finished my first hull yet)! As we've come to expect, this is another superb model, although finished a day late! I hope you've got a note. 😁 Seriously, very well done. You do this sort of model very well. 👍       Regards, Jeff. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I spend months on mine and they look like I bashed them together overnight! 😁

Which as we all well know, is a load of BS. The finish you achieve on your wooden wonders is brilliant.

Jon

• Like 1

Just now, Ngantek said:

Wait what? I didn't even see you start this one! Lovely little diorama. How you can bosh together such a finely detailed and build model and diorama so quickly is frankly astonishing.

Andy

Retirement is a wonderful thing. MY time is MINE, just don’t say this out loud to my wife. 😜

Jon

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Faraway said:

Retirement is a wonderful thing. MY time is MINE, just don’t say this out loud to my wife. 😜

I hear you, brother. I must admit though that my wife has been very understanding and generous with my modeling time. I still can't keep up with you though. 🙂 Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Faraway said:

Which as we all well know, is a load of BS. The finish you achieve on your wooden wonders is brilliant.

Jon

I've only finished one so far! 

I've somehow ended up with six models in progress at once. Nothing will ever be completed. :worry:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

six models in progress at once

THAT is something I cannot do. All my life I’ve always had the mind set ‘one job at a time’. Although sometimes, it’s hard not to rush to get onto the next one.

Jon

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

I still can't keep up with you though. 🙂 Regards, Jeff.

And nor should you try.
I don’t feel I rush them, they just seem to come together at their own speed.

I’ve really no idea why people think I build fast, I just do it at a comfortable pace,  two or four hours a day.

Jon

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Faraway said:

THAT is something I cannot do. All my life I’ve always had the mind set ‘one job at a time’. Although sometimes, it’s hard not to rush to get onto the next one.

Jon

This is the result of starting new ones for the various GBs and then getting encouraged to do more by @Enzo the Magnificent and @TonyOD!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

This is the result of starting new ones for the various GBs and then getting encouraged to do more by @Enzo the Magnificent and @TonyOD!!!

Yep, that's right.  Put the blame on Tony and Enzo.  :bleh:

Mostly brecause it is actually our fault...  :lol:

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Faraway said:

I don’t feel I rush them, they just seem to come together at their own speed.

I’ve really no idea why people think I build fast, I just do it at a comfortable pace,  two or four hours a day.

Gidday Jon, I guess 'speed' is a relative thing, and some can be more focused than others while at the bench. I've never been renowned for my speed in anything. Oh well  .    .     .

My second rule of modeling is 'build to your own standard, not others'. I guess that means speed of build too. If I rush things I make mistakes I make MORE mistakes. 😁

Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

build to your own standard, not others'

That is very wise.

I am very much inspired by lots of fellow modellers on this forum, and have picked up a huge amount of ‘how to’ knowledge. 

I think the only ways to really enjoy this hobby, is as you say build to your own standards, built at your own speed, but above all know when to stop fiddling and call it finished.
Jon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Faraway said:

but above all know when to stop fiddling and call it finished.

More good advice.  I think we need to collect all these all these aphorisms in one place and call it "Britmodeller's Fount of Wisdom".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

More good advice.  I think we need to collect all these all these aphorisms in one place and call it "Britmodeller's Fount of Wisdom".

See also "you can't polish a turd... but you can throw a load of aftermarket at it".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This was a build I was looking forward to seeing you do, but you done it before I realised you had started it!

It is a cracker, and I think the dio you have set it in is fabulous. It also shows just how important it is not to throw away unused stuff, as it can be used elsewhere ((if you (I) remember where you (I) put it!)).

Ray

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ray S said:

This was a build I was looking forward to seeing you do, but you done it before I realised you had started it!

It is a cracker, and I think the dio you have set it in is fabulous. It also shows just how important it is not to throw away unused stuff, as it can be used elsewhere ((if you (I) remember where you (I) put it!)).

Ray

Ah, well, sorry about that, I do seem to have got a slight reputation for building a bit.........quick. But it was very small and with VERY few parts.

I too, keep lots of unused bits & bobs, but like you, I haven’t a clue where half of them are.
I’m thinking of getting something to store them in properly, AND cataloguing them, one day, one day.

Jon

• Like 3

On 26/01/2023 at 08:54, Faraway said:

I’m thinking of getting something to store them in properly, AND cataloguing them

I've done that.   :)     Three times.   I'm seriously considering doing it a fourth...  :shrug:  

• Haha 1

• Bertie McBoatface changed the title to KFK Kriegsfischkutter (1/350 by ICM) - Finished