Hello from Oxfordshire, UK

Matt Chilton

Hi everyone, my names Matt from Bicester in Oxfordshire. Like most of us I started modelling as a kid many years ago, then as I got older other hobbies and interests took over. I never completely stopped however, the odd model here or there, but  now in my 30’s I took up the hobby seriously again during the lockdown of 2020 and haven’t looked back since!

I’m a history graduate with a particular interest in WW2, so most of what I build is from that era, all in 1/72nd scale. 

In the last few years, I’ve been an outsider looking in, and have picked up so many useful tips, techniques and bits of information from the forums on this site that have made a huge improvement to my models. And then I thought, why not join? So here I am! 

Thanks to all of you who have already unwittingly helped my modelling; I very much enjoy perusing the ‘ready for inspection’ forums as they are a great source of inspiration. Some of the work there is truly amazing!

Anyway thanks for having me. I look forward to being part of the britmodeller community!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt Chilton said:

I’m a history graduate with a particular interest in WW2, so most of what I build is from that era, all in 1/72nd scale. 

Gidday Matt, welcome aboard. WW2 is my main era of interest too, plus WW1. I'm into ships mostly, roughly built in 1/600 scale. If you've done any ships they must be awesome models if you've done them in 1/72 scale. 😁       Regards, Jeff.

Welcome Matt, covid seems to have brought many ex modellers back to the hobby, which is only a good thing! Yes britmodeller is a great source of inspiration and knowledge and I'd be lost without the community. My aircraft kits are all 1/72  also so it's good to see another gentleman's scale modeller on here. Happy modelling.

• 3 months later...