Airfix Banshee 1/72 - Finished.

Hi folk's built to ease myself into the Salty Sea Dog GB a simple stick it and paint it quickie build of the Banshee surely a contender for the Classics range?

Decal's posed a few problems due to age as it was a 1970's boxing but got there in the end.Thanks for looking in.

20230119_133810

20230119_133757

20230119_133749

20230119_133716

• Like 58
  • Thanks 1

Yep, a great finish @stevej60, and another indicator that you cannot write off old kits. I was impressed with the overall finish but not surprised about the markings still working, as recently I built a bagged Airfix kit and used the original transfers (they were called that when the Avro 504K first came out!) and they too behaved very well indeed.

Great job!

Ray

PS come to think of it I built that Avro in 2014 as part of the WWI Centenary Anniversary, so it was not just 'recently' after all. Time flies, as they say

• Like 1

Fabulous build of one of Airfix's most under-rated kits.

I remember building one years ago, a nice simple but lovely build if I remember correctly, and yes it did come in a massively oversized box with the sprues cowering in the corner. 

• Like 1

A lovely model. It's a shame the Banshee was never as well liked as the Grumman Panther is alleged to have been. Personally, I like the looks of the Banshee, not so much the reconn models but the fighters definitely appeal to me.

• Like 2

Smashing result!

This is one of their better kits from the period. I built one (this option) some 20 years ago and managed to find another to make the standard fighter option 😀.

Miguel

• Like 1