Yak-9K/T Exhaust Stacks (Q32406 for ICM) 1:32

Yak-9K/T Exhaust Stacks (Q32406 for ICM)

1:32 CMK Quick & Easy by Special Hobby

boxtop.jpg

We reviewed the new Yak-9T from ICM recently here, and now CMK have a new set of Exhausts that improve on the kit parts whilst requiring little in the way of additional work.  The Quick & Easy line are a series of upgrades to your kits that live up to their name, and usually arrive in a flat bag with a green-themed cardboard header and the simple instructions between them.

q32406.jpg

Inside the bag are two sets of beautifully cast exhausts on individual casting blocks, and each exhaust has a hollow D-profile tip. There are two sets of paired exhausts in the centre and two more singles at each end of the profiled carrier, which has shaped inserts between the stacks.  Once removed from the casting base they are a drop-in replacement for the kit parts, with the only difference (apart from the detail) being that you need to use super glue (CA) to locate them in their slots.  Give them a quick wash in warm soapy water to remove any residual mould release, and don’t worry unduly about cleaning up the back of the parts, as they won’t be seen.

A great update to the kit parts that are simple to use, and won’t exhaust you or your modelling budget (I'm sorry - they made me say it.  Help me, they won't let me go!).

Highly recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif