1800 Le Rochefort Port Yacht 1/36 scale

2 hours ago, MRMRL said:

That's fantastic, nice to see a wooden ship on here. Scratch built as well, that's very impressive 

Thanks MRMRL

16 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday @Clogged, she's beautiful, stunning. Very impressive scratch building. And very brave too, without any external hull planks so the timber frames have to be accurate.

Will we see this at WASMEx this year?       Regards, Jeff.

HI Arnold.  Not sure when the WASMEx is, never shown anything before. Would love to show this ship but don’t  know what the process is. We might be away then anyway. 

Oh this is so good! As a newbie wooden boat builder, I know enough to appreciate the quality of this model. Everything looks good. I admire the rigging in particular, it's so tight and tidy. Your woodworking too is top quality. One day, perhaps I'll be able to do this - thanks for the inspiration.

Did you make your own rope? It looks very nice indeed.

Were the sweeps used from the railing support irons on the real thing?

Is it based on a particular vessel or is it generic?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Oh this is so good! As a newbie wooden boat builder, I know enough to appreciate the quality of this model. Everything looks good. I admire the rigging in particular, it's so tight and tidy. Your woodworking too is top quality. One day, perhaps I'll be able to do this - thanks for the inspiration.

Did you make your own rope? It looks very nice indeed.

Were the sweeps used from the railing support irons on the real thing?

Is it based on a particular vessel or is it generic?

Thanks for the kind remarks.

‘Le Rochefort was indeed a real ship, yacht in fact. Used to supply French warships with ammunition at Le Rochefort. 

The ship was made from a monograph by Ancre a French company that supplies detail plans for a lot of ships.  Here’s their link. https://ancre.fr/en/
And there is in fact at present a group build just started  at shipsofscale. 
The rope came from a Canadian company call Crafty Sailor. https://craftysailor.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This really is a masterclass in how it should be done, a stunning piece of work, everything is faultless, the figures really set it off, truly museum quality.....I could go on, but you get my drift !

How long did it take, if you dont mind me asking ?

Cheers

David

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dancona said:

This really is a masterclass in how it should be done, a stunning piece of work, everything is faultless, the figures really set it off, truly museum quality.....I could go on, but you get my drift !

How long did it take, if you dont mind me asking ?

Cheers

David

Thanks David, it took about 2 years.  

• 4 months later...

Really nice unusual model subject well executed.

Great to see a model of a small period vessel scratch built with carefully chosen different woods used.

The well painted figures and accessories set it off nicely and bring the model to life as well as modelling it on a slip way showing it being worked on. Excellent presentation!

Edited by Noel Smith
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday @Clogged, further to my posts on January 19th, have you considered entering this at WASMEx? It's six weeks off, I think. Regards, Jeff.

Hi Arnold, yes indeed, it will be my first exhibition. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...