Anything by Eduard GB, 2024 - under new management

TonyOD

14 hours ago, RC Boater Bill said:

I am a little bit put off  by the “any aftermarket must be Eduard”- Is that going too far? You are banning aftermarket decals?    Parts from the scrap box?  Rigging products?   Crew figures?

I think you're right, I'm probably being a bit too stringent with that. Just trying to come up with a scenario that doesn't invite the endless ah-but-whataboutery that seems to happen whenever someone floats a GB idea. So yes, let's keep it simple: the box has to say "Eduard" on it, that's it. Any and all aftermarket or additions, refinements, improvements permissible. I imagine most aftermarket products used on Eduard kits bear their name, it's made to fit after all.

Given the bang-up job you’re doing with the Sea Dogs GB,  I’d probably join in an “empty sprues GB” if you were running it….!

Why, thank you! (Do you think I could get 50 sign-ups...?)

• Like 1

I understand about the reboxes - I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that Smer reboxed Eduard sprues.   I bought it in 2021, when it was hard to find an Eduard Weekend Edition 1/72 Dr.1, because the last release of that version was in  2016.   Given the small number of subjects/kits impacted, I doubt anyone will really care…. 

On reflection you're right, it would just be plain daft to exclude Eduard sprues reboxed by others - I'm sure there can't be that many about... can there?

2 hours ago, TonyOD said:

On reflection you're right, it would just be plain daft to exclude Eduard sprues reboxed by others - I'm sure there can't be that many about... can there?

Quite a few Revell WWI 1/48 biplanes were Eduard originals, so they could be included then (Fokker Dr1, Bristol F2B Fighter, Albatros DVa and some others if I remember correctly).

This looks like it will be a 'classic' GB when it gets through.

I also think it is a good idea to open up  the aftermarket to other brands, even if I won't use any extra, except possibly markings.

Good luck with this proposal,

Ray

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

And me. I've got a spitfire plus an overtree, a mig21 plus an overtree, a tempest (which I'll probably build in the desert GB) and the diminutive but oh so cute Z-37A Cmelak which I doubt I'll be able to put off until this group build. 

Edited by arfa1983
  • Like 1

Please count me in

As well as a couple of Spitfire Story: The Fews, and an Adlerangriff dual combo, I've got a couple of bf110s, three 1/32 109es, a Tora Tora Tora, a Barbarossa, and three Royal Class boxings (109f, 109g, 110)

Actually the 109g is just the kit contents minus the special item and no box, but it was only £40

Obviously if I build one kit out of these I'll need to top up with at least four more...

Oh I've got some brassin cockpits and engines, I may do Bader's 222 squadron Spit with engine displayed

• Like 1

• TonyOD changed the title to Anything by Eduard GB, 2024 - withdrawn

I regret I'm having to withdraw the proposal, but if anyone else would like to pick it up and run with it that would be great!

Cheers all

Tony

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, TonyOD said:

I regret I'm having to withdraw the proposal, but if anyone else would like to pick it up and run with it that would be great!

Cheers all

Tony

Rather than see all your good work go to waste Tony I'll offer to continue this excellent proposal if everyone is agreeable 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

I'll take gaining nine positive reactions within less than twenty four hours as encouragement to continue promoting Tony's proposal for the 2024 poll. The official list was at twenty four names including Tony as moderator so let's swap him out for me then add @arfa1983 and @nickhenfrey to bring us up to twenty six. Anyone else coming to play?

• Like 2

On 2/28/2023 at 9:30 PM, modelling minion said:

I might have "one or two" Eduard kits in the stash mate so you can add my name to the list.

🇺🇦

27 :D

On 2/28/2023 at 10:27 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Im still in so no worries with me ? I can co-host if you need one ? 

Be delighted to co-host with you again :)

Edited by Col.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Right gang, time to take this a little more seriously (yes, yes, I know, I of all people said seriously but let me at least try once) so let's get an updated list going

1, Col. (Co-moderator)

2. @psdavidson

3. @Corsairfoxfouruncle (Co-moderator)

4. @vppelt68

5. @DaveJL

6. @DaddyO

7. @RC Boater Bill

8. @Alex.B

9. @Marlin

10. @ModelingEdmontonian

11. @bigfoot

12. @TEMPESTMK5

13. @franky boy

14. @Ray S

15. @Marklo

16. @Jabba

17. @Stefan Buysse

18. @John Masters

19. @Andwil

20.  @2996 Victor

21. @flashlight

22. @Rafwaffe

23. @Wings unlevel

24. @zegeye

25, @arfa1983

26, @nickhenfrey

27, @modelling minion

28, @helios16v

29, @trickyrich

30, @MARADER

31, @FortyEighter

32, @Threadbear

33, @OscarIII

Please note I've added @helios16v's name to the list as a favour to save him the trouble of volunteering his participation 'cause I'm nice that way :D Hmm, where's @trickyrich hiding these days, he's bound to have a few Eduard kits in his stash...

Edited by Col.
Rich is here!
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/3/2023 at 9:34 AM, Col. said:

Hmm, where's @trickyrich hiding these days, he's bound to have a few Eduard kits in his stash...

Sorry poor Rich has been struggling to have any modelling time these last few months, have been working most weekends........ worst of all feral Dust Bunnies have taken over the modelling bench!!! A nasty little lot too!!

Yeah you may as well sign me up too, have the new Eduard IDS Tornado in the stash which is crying out to be built!

• Like 2

On 3/2/2023 at 10:38 PM, 2996 Victor said:

Thanks @Col. for taking this forward, I'm looking forward to it getting through to the 2024 schedule!

My pleasure Mark. It's such a good idea and was getting plenty of attention so we can't let it fall by the wayside.

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Sorry poor Rich has been struggling to have any modelling time these last few months, have been working most weekends........ worst of all feral Dust Bunnies have taken over the modelling bench!!! A nasty little lot too!!

Yeah you may as well sign me up too, have the new Eduard IDS Tornado in the stash which is crying out to be built!

Aww, princess :crying: 

Sorry Rich, couldn't resist that, whereas in all seriousness you have my sympathies as I understand only too well how frustrating it is to become a stranger at your own workbench. Hope things calm down for you soon fella.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, MARADER said:

I would like to take part. Now I don't know which plane.

Of course Volodymyr, a pleasure to have you aboard, plenty time to pick a subject from Eduard's extensive catalogue :) 

Which takes us up to the quota of thirty names and into the Bunfight. I'll let @Enzo the Magnificent know we're ready to move.

Edited by Col.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

Sounds like the impetus I need to get on with either of the Limited Edition Su-27 that are lurking in the cupboard - count me in.

Mike

That'll make for an impressive model Mike. Welcome along at number 31 :) 

• 1 month later...