Hurricane PR II B

This is the first time I have ever seen a blue Hurricane.  I would guess at some point early in the war, it would have been the most practicable thing to do, but I'm not real sure I've even seen anything written about recon Hurricanes.  This is just so interesting a scheme.  How you did it using such a small scale is also impressive.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

Great model! It isn't easy to obtain good looking dark finish, and even more hard - to weather it properly. Zegeye made it very well and I can confirm that the real model looks as good as the photos.

Congratulations!

G.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

didn't know there was a PR version of the Hurricane. A bit of background history would've been interesting!

5 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Stunning build of an unfamiliar sub-type.

Its not an official sub type.

They were conversions done in Egypt, there were not many. 

IIRC some ended up in SEAC.

There were quire a lot more TacR Hurricanes in SEAC, again, converted in theatre, these were not repainted.

@zegeye really neat build :goodjob:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is stunning as many have said. I believe it's featured on the Arma Hobby blog, too? Your build inspired me to order the CMK resin set myself. Were you able to find any reference photos of BH125? Also, would you elaborate on "some minor changes"? I may want to build it as well as part the PR GB coming up next month. I'll be happy if my version is half as good as yours!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ModelingEdmontonian said:

Were you able to find any reference photos of BH125? 

Image 240 in Eyes For the Phoenix.   I think the book is OOP,  .pdf are out 'there' if you look,  the book has far more information than you might expect.   The below is out of the pdf,  the book is image is a a bit better. 

52647116963_075aeb9d9e_b.jpg

Note the fin flash on the model is a bit small, and there looks to be some kind of patch on the wing leading edge.  Possibly you can see the wing bulge, but these are visible on other of the bosun blue Hurricanes, like DG622 and BM959, both have been discussed on here recently.

46 minutes ago, ModelingEdmontonian said:

Also, would you elaborate on "some minor changes"?

blanked off gun and shell ports, camera pack,  the Hurricane converted by 2PRU have bulges of some kind on the inner MG bays, as seen here

3FyEWM3g_o.jpg

I think these maybe to with additional fuel tankage in the gun bays, @zegeye  has some kind of streaking coming back from the outer bulges, and I know that PR Spitfires with the bowser wing had fuel tanks vents,  so these maybe vents, and the inner ones pump bulges?

Info on the modifications for PR Hurricanes is a bit vague,  something I have been discussing the past few days co-incidentally. 

• Like 4