Me 262 & P-51B Combat Set (Revell 1:72 03711)

Here we have the Me 262 & P-51B Combat Set by Revell (1:72 03711).

I have (re)learnt a lot for my 2nd and 3rd builds after many many years away from the hobby. Lessons such as nose weights, how small decals are and how bloody fragile the gears/pros are! Next builds, I'll paint before assembly and attach the fragile bits and touch up AFTER main body is built, painted and decals applied! Unless I get impatient :)

Anyway, hope you enjoyed reading my 2 threads while these were in progress and laughed or a had a chuckle at my 'oh bugger' moments of these 2 :) (Links below).

HQHWeWy0YzemJcEyw7vCTmXDpoFRigwP4ckg_Zi3

"What's next?" I hear you say? Well, I have cracked open my DHC Beaver Vintage Classics Airfix 1:72 A03017V ... But I do also want to build my tank a King Tiger II Production Turret (Tamiya 1:35 3516)... Choices!

Feel free to follow me, for some laughs :)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

A very nice build of this aircraft set.  You have to wonder why these two were paired together.  The early Mustang and the very late in the war 262.  Seems like a better pairing would be a D model Mustang.  Who knows what the corporate thinking was on this front.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, georgeusa said:

A very nice build of this aircraft set.  You have to wonder why these two were paired together.  The early Mustang and the very late in the war 262.  Seems like a better pairing would be a D model Mustang.  Who knows what the corporate thinking was on this front.  Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I agree it is an odd couple :) Bought as it was on sale for £8 in my local store in the sales in the run up to Xmas!

Glad I did, apart from the canopys the kits themselves went togther well and were fun to build and (re)learn with!

And thank you for looking and commenting as I went :)

Edited by themcgarvie