Seeing as this GB is now running till the end of the month and I haven't got anything else GB wise till middle of Feb I thought I'd throw another quick oob into the ring. I started last week but I've only just got round to posting, so here we go. Tamiya 2001 Subaru Impreza from 2001 probably going to be in Richard Burns markings. TS50 spray can and Tamiya hairy stick acrylics for the rest. Should just about be able to get this over the finish line and add it into the gallery before the end :) 

20230109_002319 20230114_104237 20230117_045040

• Like 7

Well, that's all for this one folks

Masked the windows, painted ok, heard a crack when removing the masking and the screen has cracked right down the middle... 🙄

Back on the shelf of shame until I get another screen or throw it all out of the window in frustration. 😱

You have to laugh at these things otherwise you would go mad (well, madder than we already are) 🤣 🤣

Never mind, onwards and upwards, it's time to make a choice for the classic Japanese build and see if I need any bits or paint etc. 🤔

Ian 

• Sad 6

Had that happen once many moons ago. I took plastic striping just wide enough to cover it up and painted it as a reinforcing strip to help the window. If you have access to rivet  decals or a tool you can go the extra bit and make it look like its riveted to the windscreen. Not too far fetched since the real ones are Lexan or something similar and not real glass. 

• Like 1

Given how hard these things are used could you weather it up to make it look dirty and abused with a few more dents and scrapes to explain the cracked windscreen?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Given how hard these things are used could you weather it up to make it look dirty and abused with a few more dents and scrapes to explain the cracked windscreen?

It's a possibility, but tbh I've lost interest in it at the minute, so it can sit back on the shelf for a while 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 12:38 PM, Redstaff said:

It's a possibility, but tbh I've lost interest in it at the minute, so it can sit back on the shelf for a while 

Giving a project time to rest is often a good move after something such as this has happened. A fresh perspective can make a big difference :) 

• Like 1