IJN triple build, finally complete (Isuzu, Shimakaze, I-400)

Finally, a ready for inspection for this build. I've had a build log running for these three, but it got woefully out of date and I've been playing catch up (as in I've done the build and catching up on the posting). So we have the Fujimi Shimakaze kit with the Infini etch set (blimey was that an intense experience, so much detail), the Tamiya I-400 also with an Infini etch set (saved by it being a sub and therefore inherently less complicated) and the Aoshima Isuzu with the Flyhawk etch set. I very much enjoyed building Isuzu and the I-400, but found Shimakaze to be a bit of a slog. I think mainly due to having a small child at home, the sleep deprivation we get with that made it too hard to concentrate on the number of tiny parts needed for this kit. Still, the outcome is pretty good if I may so myself, all three look good on the base and add a nice bit of variety to my fleet. So without further delay, and apologies that some of the photos are a little dark, hope you enjoy:

An overview of the three on their shared base:

WZoLHJfU8QNcBAuouGSsk0qz2r6mrdCBM_kgZl0C

ISUZU

nak7WwnfF6SMiNm5dgUZxWRg8OT1wfkRTfeLxitE

sWdOCGWf4rJSQqRx1j_WyQiKitoOmLUTKJ9qc31i

7J3Z1ifXBw2hyrEC0hijRlTmFRIxAX-sn-Y3jyMf

gCpMPD7dn7WL_ZglkM-nNbo4VD2WjOkRw_qEWlwG

pzhv0U-lUFj-m_egGCcZ_HueSdqD-ehfulBUNfQa

4hudrVDIXc84bn89Z2Qdq4XyuJTgWY-lje8YDshs

zcXk4PDcPer7cOV-UDqYvuAnPt8uRn6GnEkV5KlM

POtCD427wApAUg_OfK_Y0w7U1O_AUFCiZh0MiTHK

SHIMAKAZE

awBkujQVWlfMTR0nZTctaMA59VBpqLYuFw5MZ4xa

gBRcCqplqh7PQbpPiQ2j52q8Yk-qL9xr24dHljY3

HjxV4DL7YF4MfYmurx36Rnb0dClYjt4cyY544GGs

StIZZh9r8XoHrCCw40lbvF738NpIRMJK7IuCfSAM

YBeKrWoEqo1ueDpU7zlStGv9LBsxdUUdvQ6bSN_8

foGs_q1Mk3dEH9dEWMd0HnGyMEKRg-tej3v5_buD

bRdLhapPheQDAPwRZmrNFq-SA-sAWVvcbGIMdHh2

I-400

6BrA7xCD5NnWaKQ-gfCj2LhpLT22AwtNmldt47TJ

nOh5PsaoIU1zLpGHOx0AFDm-9mAaZ1VQ0b-Uy8wG

ew9qAvjAXeHwKKMqJOCRH1im-3BPLumTJi5iV9br

6EKggSpeiW7yPh64OPU0pZ2Tuws3Kr_hAr-rb_ZR

• Like 17

Wow... Really, really nice. Sometimes I find building one quite taxing (so I make a break and build some warplanes or AFV). But to build three simultaneously... That's a level of madness  😉  I will not go to..... I think..

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Zoran Srb said:

Wow... Really, really nice. Sometimes I find building one quite taxing (so I make a break and build some warplanes or AFV). But to build three simultaneously... That's a level of madness  😉  I will not go to..... I think..

I'm with you on that, I only built the lower hulls together, the rest one ship at a time over about a year, with plenty of other "easier" builds in-between.  I am planning another triple build to start this year. Because doing one wasn't crazy enough 😉

• Like 2

Thanks @bissyboat and @thekz, glad you like them.

On 1/21/2023 at 4:22 PM, Toryu said:

A fabulous collection! Nice to see them compared. The I-boat appears quite large.

It's a whopper of a sub, probably double the size of a U-boat, but then they didn't try carrying planes.

On 1/21/2023 at 5:11 PM, Zoran Srb said:

Great job. I have all three of them, staring at me from my stash.....

Ah the stash, yes I have a couple more sitting in that as well 😉. I'd definitely recommend Isuzu, not many other ships that look like her, a nice kit too.

• Like 1