Aoshima TRD AE86 levin

I’ve done a great job at collecting models and a terrible one of finishing them, so here’s another one I cobbled together and called finished, this one I wanted to do a more custom look so I shot it in tamiya As-5 light blue the interior is also sprayed the same as it is “stripped” with a olive green metallic roll cage, and flat red racing seats, I wanted to add more detail but, can always come back in later and add some PE seatbelts, and some tow straps.

Aoshima TRD levin TRD levin TRD levin TRD levin

• Like 13

Very nice, I like that a lot! Really good colour choice, nicely finished!

13 minutes ago, Jbourne124 said:

I’ve done a great job at collecting models and a terrible one of finishing them

Glad it's not just me! :)

Keith

• Haha 2

That looks so nice in that colour. I'll be getting a can of that at some point now I've seen this - not sure for what car yet but it suits that AE86 really well.

Smart build. Especially clean around the front grille and lights.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jbourne124 said:

@desert falcon I need to stop brush painting big interior objects like the dash, and seats, but thank you!

To tell the truth, I think it may just be a case of needing to add a bit more thinner to the paint so it levels off better. Using satin or flat paint on the dash would probably have been a bit more forgiving to the camera too, but overall I'd say your brush painting is close to being there as apart from the brush marks it looks pretty good in the photos.

• Thanks 1