Tamiya 1/12 Honda CB750.

Evening folk's,well I've been a member here since 2013 but I reckon this might be only my second posting in RFI,the fact that four years has elapsed since this kit was started until finishing it today may be a clue why! As a person who's only form of transport for many years was a motor bike modelling them has not been a thing

I'm interested in which is a shame as they really look great on display,This was finished thanks to the KUTA GB.

Brush painted and most of the chromed parts were overpainted especially the engine which doesn't look right all shiny.

20230115_200223

20230115_200255

20230115_200326

20230115_200117

20230115_200140

20230115_200159

20230115_151415

20230115_200106

• Like 22

5 hours ago, Natter said:

A bike as bikes should be. That's a great model in a great colour and, you've done a mint job with those Comstars.

Many thank's N,mixed the colour to a 250 my mate owned not quite silver not quite gray!

3 hours ago, Ryedale Wolf said:

Nice build, I've done one of these.

Many thak's RW,really enjoyed getting her finished this week might go the Bike route for the comfort zone GB.

That looks absolutely spot on Steve. I haven't built many bike kits as I'm not really interested in exotic sports machines. I did Tamiya's VT250F back in the 80's because I was actually riding one at the time. I also remember building the SRX600 and GPz400. 

Seeing your excellent Honda inspires me to have another go. 

Ian

58 minutes ago, IanC said:

That looks absolutely spot on Steve. I haven't built many bike kits as I'm not really interested in exotic sports machines. I did Tamiya's VT250F back in the 80's because I was actually riding one at the time. I also remember building the SRX600 and GPz400. 

Seeing your excellent Honda inspires me to have another go. 

Ian

Many thank's Ian,I wouldn't mind another go but like you not really into racers and sports stuff Tamiya's Virago interest's me and Aoshima do a few bike's as I recognise them I 

suppose folk's looking at my bikes from the 70's 80's view them as I viewed Norton and Triumph's back then!My first bike was this one(not mine but same model/colour)£700+

brand new three years on tick LOL but it was a real eyecatcher back in 79.

$_86

• Like 2

You know looking at that photo I know every nook and cranny of it still it opened up a whole new world for me at the time new friend's and travel I'd think nothing of riding

from Durham to the lakes and did Dunbar Scotland a good few times even with the wife on the back and a tank and saddle bags not bad for a 200cc!We did the Isle of Man

on my KH250 but when I moved to big bikes never did a single big journey!

• Like 1

That looks great Steve, like you could cock a leg over it and roar away.

I used to love building model bikes, I turned a lot of them into cafe racers with balsa wood racing tanks and seats, then I discovered the Protar range of racing bikes and built loads of them.

I've still got and use on sunny days my CB750F1 which I bought new in 1976.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

You know looking at that photo I know every nook and cranny of it still it opened up a whole new world for me at the time new friend's and travel I'd think nothing of riding

from Durham to the lakes and did Dunbar Scotland a good few times even with the wife on the back and a tank and saddle bags not bad for a 200cc!We did the Isle of Man

on my KH250 but when I moved to big bikes never did a single big journey!

I think it looks great too, Steve. My first bike was a Honda H100. I then had a CD200 and toured around Wales on it two up, feeling like a proper biker with all that 'power' 😄.

You're right though, bikes opened up a whole new world of adventure. The world of day/night/all weather commuting that followed wasn't quite such fun! 

• Like 1

I'm with IanC, I'd rather build road bikes.

My first bike was a Suzuki B120! Since then I've had at least one from every recent mainstream manufacturer including Harley Davidson.

Current machine is a Triumph Bonneville Custom (America) and also have a BSA C15 under restoration.

spacer.png

Edited by Ryedale Wolf
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ryedale Wolf said:

Current machine is a Triumph Bonneville Custom (America) and also have a BSA C15 under restoration.

Beautiful machine RW,I ran four in the year's I rode my favourite was Suzuki's GT750 similar to this one a conversation piece wherever you went!

R

• Like 6

I have to agree with the others Steve, that‘s a lovely model of a classic motorcycle 👍 

I‘ve been looking at getting a classic CB myself for years, but considering how little I get to ride my other (and only) bike, common sense has so far won. 

So this is my “daily” ride :) 

YCenBq3.jpg

• Like 2