1/72 Hobbyboss FW 190D.(Wasted week folk's)

stevej60

Hi folk's kit's arrived not seen this one before but well versed in the easy-kit format,simple construction nice fine detail's lovely decal sheet,I was planning the red

underside scheme which is still the plan if I can sort some white striping.

20230118_145028

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ive built one of these for my Priller collection. They go together fairly easily of course. I think the only issue I had was the seam where the rear wing meets the fuselage. 

A common issue Dennis their Wildcat

Is very poor in this area.gDry ran this one seems a little tweak should do the trick.

• Like 1

Hi folk's five pieces in total get's you to this stage of the build,a few spots of  white flexi filler were used if you care to spot the area's it was needed.

20230121_111822

20230121_110105

Primed the whole kit in the light blue of the fuselage side's.

20230122_131650

And after masking the underside red applied,no decals are supplied for the white striping but I can rustle some up from spares.

20230122_135554

• Like 6

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Blimey! Hobbyboss modelling is quick... 😮

You'll be first over the line at this rate, Steve.

I love them Ian just over a fiver for most a great idea for our blitzbuild GB's and for honing painting skill's too.Anyway thankfully no mottling on this scheme so after the appropriate

Gray and Green were brushed on being Tamiya paints Humbrol Gloss coat can be brushed witin about ten minutes,should get a few decals on later.

20230122_155845

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

I notice you haven’t painted the white stripes. My mister craft has a full decal as l sheet for them. PM me if you need them.

Thaks for that Marklo.I'm using spare

decals from the stash but if there's an issue I'll be in touch.

• Like 1

• stevej60 changed the title to 1/72 Hobbyboss FW 190D.(Wasted week folk's)

Hi folk's sorry this one's gone bin side had her all done just tweaked the canopy never realised I had glue on the fingers picked it up saw the smudge grabbed the white spirit but as

I was wiping it off with a cotton bud the thing crazed and melted.Common sense would tell you to order another kit for what they cost and finish it but as the wife will testify I have none 

so binned the damn thing and cursed a wasted week,ah well onward and upward!

• Sad 11

oh. just saw this update. That build was progressing nicely.... Anyways, sometime it is better to bin and move on then trying to fix.... I had a few which I thought I will fix later but never did.... The boxes are just wasting space and induce stress, nothing more.  :(

All the best for the next 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mukund SB said:

sometime it is better to bin and move on then trying to fix....

I  never bin a build and I reckon I learn more from disasters than by the numbers builds :)   But your modelling should be a no stress zone so whatever works for you.

• Like 1