1/48th HP Halifax BIII - Fonderie Miniatures

Fantastic build and a great result from a ‘challenging’ kit.

The fact that this is the only injection moulded option in 1/48 highlights how poorly represented such an important aircraft has been by the mainstream kit manufacturers.

I was convinced that Airfix would see us right in 1/72 this year too but it wasn’t to be……

• Thanks 1

Masterful work as always Tom, I'd have given up long ago on any kit that tested my patience like this one.

It a real beauty and a pleasure to look at. 

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Well done....any FM 1/48 Halifax kit is a struggle in to get over the finish line. Have one in the oven waiting on me learning 3D printing...but that's a long story. To long for here.  

Phil.

• Thanks 1

Tom, your modelling is crisp, neat, subtle, accurate and always beautifully presented, I aspire to reach that lofty level. What a wonderful Halifax you’ve ended up with all painted up in one of my favourite schemes. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Thanks 1

You only did 100 group for the aerials. They aren't really plastic, they are the tails of the pop rivets you had to use to get it to stay together. 🤣

Seriously, that is a fantastic rendering. I know you sweated blood taming that monstrosity - even my therapist has not recuperated yet!

• Thanks 1