Gannet goings on

canberra kid

Hi canberra kid - that's a great appetiser - I have been motivated by the Airfix Gannet news to get my Dynavector Gannet out of my stash and have cut it from the sheet ready to sand  - hopefully will get it done before Airfix releases the new AS1/AS4.

CJP

Edited by CJP
text

17 hours ago, canberra kid said:

. . . . .  If you are really brave, I have AP's for the AEW too.

Maybe offer them to Airfix along with a BIG , BIG bottle of brave pills to consider the project.

• Like 1

@canberra kidI'm in! When's dinner? I like the odd shape of the Gannet. Have a kit in the stash but haven't decided what to and when to do the kit. Have this lovely AEW lady

100_4817

sitting next to this lovely lady sitting next to each other at Pima Air Museum Tucson Arizona.

100_4823

just around the corner and down the street. Sort of speak. If Airfix keeps the price relative and the US tariff doesn't what an arm and a leg for the import, I may want to get at least 2 kits. Saw a 2023 kit release video on you tube and am looking at some others also.

Thanks

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, f111guru said:

If Airfix keeps the price relative and the US tariff doesn't what an arm and a leg for the import, I may want to get at least 2 kits.

Last time I visited the U.S. I was advised by a fellow modeller that imports of plastic kits is tax free;  something about them being classed as educational subjects. He said that there was a code that he advised the exporter to add to the Customs form.   Is that not the case?

cheers,
Mike

• Like 1

John,

This is great stuff, do you have any layout drawings for the Observer's, AS Equipment Operators and very importantly for me the COD rear cockpit layouts please?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wez said:

John,

This is great stuff, do you have any layout drawings for the Observer's, AS Equipment Operators and very importantly for me the COD rear cockpit layouts please?

Cant help on the COD but we have an extensive walkaround of XA334 thanks to Danni & Steve Long 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wez said:

John,

Do these fit the Bill? All three offices, for and aft views.

CtG8fO.jpg

CtGHE8.jpg

CtG7UN.jpg

CtGz3x.jpg

CtGYvm.jpg

CtGDJQ.jpg

John

Edited by canberra kid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, bootneck said:

Last time I visited the U.S. I was advised by a fellow modeller that imports of plastic kits is tax free;  something about them being classed as educational subjects. He said that there was a code that he advised the exporter to add to the Customs form.   Is that not the case?

cheers,
Mike

Well I'm not sure Mike. Never seen that on any order forms. Have to look into that. Thanks for the info.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

4 hours ago, bootneck said:

I believe that's true, Mike. I think the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System (HS code) for scale model assembly kits is 95030030 which has an import duty of 0%. I'm pretty sure that I've never paid a duty on any kit I've purchased from overseas - except the "psychological" duty of building short-run kits.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

PS. Please note that my comment makes use of weasel words like believe, think, and pretty sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 71chally said:

Very nice with the USN zap on it, make a great decal option.

The sticker by the rear cockpit was a VP-23 patch which, at the time, was operating P2V-7's (or were they SP-2H by then ?) out of Sigonella with a TDY at Souda Bay Crete.  Most US Navy Neptune units on TDY to the 6th Fleet made a point of visiting Malta at least once during their tour and as stick on "zaps" had just made an appearance, everything in the Med was "done".

• Like 1