TAKOM 1/35 M46 Patton - Korean Tiger

robw_uk

Don't think you will regret the resin figure Rob. Appreciate they are expensive, but i think they are worth the money and seem to make painting easier somehow.

George

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:21 AM, Geo1966 said:

Don't think you will regret the resin figure Rob. Appreciate they are expensive, but i think they are worth the money and seem to make painting easier somehow.

George

thanks George. I have ummed and ahhed a few times on various kits but this one is just perfect.... hope I can do it justice.... and if I do, I am thinking my super Pershing (when I build it) may get some crew too

• 3 weeks later...

Now thats looking like a tank! I'd be tempted to put the figure on the deck ... just to be different .... and to show it off!   

Keith  

Edited by Keeff
  • Like 1

Looking good so far Rob. I like the figure standing in the command hatch. It gives it a bit more of a 'captured in the moment' look to the whole model.

Edited by Maddoxx77
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No spray time the last few weeks but did get time to do some work on the figure.... White dry brushing and then thin coats of colour, am fairly happy with him actually, no doubt the face will ruin it....

IMG-20230313-204026.jpg

IMG-20230313-204102.jpg

IMG-20230313-204130.jpg

• Like 8

Ooh, nowhere to hide with that upturned face :) I wonder what he's looking at. Maybe he needs a splodge of bird poo down the front of his jacket - it would explain his angry expression!

Looking forward to the tiger stripes.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, robw_uk said:

No spray time the last few weeks but did get time to do some work on the figure.... White dry brushing and then thin coats of colour, am fairly happy with him actually, no doubt the face will ruin it....

IMG-20230313-204026.jpg

IMG-20230313-204102.jpg

IMG-20230313-204130.jpg

Well he does look cold.

Nice work.

Pete

• Like 1

Looking greatso far Rob. As for the figure's face. Just take your time. Adding a bit of retarder to your paint helps alot. 

I usually work with 3 colors. Base of cavalery brown, highlights with flesh, cheeks with a very diluted redbrown. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maddoxx77 said:

Looking greatso far Rob. As for the figure's face. Just take your time. Adding a bit of retarder to your paint helps alot. 

I usually work with 3 colors. Base of cavalery brown, highlights with flesh, cheeks with a very diluted redbrown. 

thanks... similar colours to what I thought to use - used retarder in the green which did make a difference, will do the same when I do the face an dthe brown on the hoster and hat

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

thanks... similar colours to what I thought to use - used retarder in the green which did make a difference, will do the same when I do the face an dthe brown on the hoster and hat

Nightshift and spruesnbrews have some great tutorials on yt on painting figures and faces. They helped me alot.

Edited by Maddoxx77

1 minute ago, Maddoxx77 said:

Nightshift and sprewsnbrews have some great tutorials on yt on painting figures and faces. They helped me alot.

NightShift is my go to - will try the other as well

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Olive drab on .... Modulation on very front/rear only as rest will go yellow at some point..... Probably a base of yellow/brown with yellow highlights (son not in your face yellow)

IMG-20230401-160748.jpg

IMG-20230401-160740.jpg

IMG-20230401-160733.jpg

IMG-20230401-153833.jpg

• Like 7