A shout out for a great company, Copper State Models

europapete

The new 1/32 wire wheels arrived today for my Caudron, Albatros B2 and Taube. 

Well Done CSM! The photo's posted online do not do these parts justice, the spokes are increadably fine. A major improvement for the kits. Regards, Pete in RI

• Like 4

Hiya, the A32-006  810x125 wheels. If you go onto CSM's site, 1/32 accessories, scroll down to the wheels, then click on the picture of the wheel, scroll down a bit, and there is a list of what that wheel fits, and a bit lower, which WNW kits are suitable. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They are great!  Built their Caudron G.IV and it was fantastic.  I agree, would love to see the G.III scaled down to 1/48.  A good friend of mine has gotten hopelessly hooked on their 1/35 WWI armoured cars.  Loves them and he  always wins awards with them at model shows.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I love Caudrons and 1/48 so add me to that list.  The Copper State GIV in 1/48 is such an impressive airplane kit.  The photoetch heat shielding, boom connections and hardware is even beyond WNW stuff in my view.  The rigging diagrams are excellent.  No easy feat with a string bag like the GIV!  I would love to also have a 1/48 GIII to display next to mine.  But market forces appear to be pushing everything toward bigger scales (and higher prices).  Meng is testing the waters with 1/24 likely based on the success of all the WWII stuff that seems to be selling well.  The smaller size of the average WWI scout makes it ideal for scaling up.  But these planes weren't that complicated.  Bigger scales than 1/48 seem unnecessary to me.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...