Ahoy there Sea Dogs! Put a face to the name? (Now with added cats’n’ dogs!)

TonyOD

Here's a couple, neither of which are mine, they're both my younger son's, but we've had Marvin here for four days whilst he was in Spain, fixing a camera that's looking for Dark Energy (don't ask), and Hugo, who is now a year old and we sometimes take him for a walk.

Marvin

IMG_5608

Chris says he's a Bengal/Tabby cross, I think the marking pattern on him is more like an Ocicat.

Hugo

3ef8b498-b699-4013-96c3-3678472ee684

A one year old Cocker Spaniel, just back from four days in a dog hotel, which seems to have worn him out!!!

• Like 8

This is me an my late little Jack Russell Terrier lady 'Fanny' (pronounced 'funny' - it's an abbrevation of 'Stefanie' in German). Actually she had been an always funny and jolly little companion.

y4mDPEqGS2FxpVAgXS763HhaZtacahxRJcX0w10a

y4mTPGj6npZIWXejbQp8Qw6XxGdLpszbK_m69te8

She had to leave in November because of a heart and lungs disease she had longly been under treatment for but which turned incurable. Pic was taken the night before I took her to the vet's. In Dec she would have turned 12.

I'm 61, retired about a year ago from 42 years serving the country in military (5 years) and police force (rest). Love hiking, especially in the mountains, being outdoors, photography, sports, and of course sticking small plastic parts together. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 13

49 minutes ago, flashlight said:

This is me an my late little Jack Russell Terrier lady 'Fanny' (pronounced 'funny' - it's an abbrevation of 'Stefanie' in German). Actually she had been an always funny and jolly little companion.

y4mDPEqGS2FxpVAgXS763HhaZtacahxRJcX0w10a

y4mTPGj6npZIWXejbQp8Qw6XxGdLpszbK_m69te8

She had to leave in November because of a heart and lungs disease she had longly been under treatment for but which turned incurable. Pic was taken the night before I took her to the vet's. In Dec she would have turned 12.

I'm 61, retired about a year ago from 42 years serving the country in military (5 years) and police force (rest). Love hiking, especially in the mountains, being outdoors, photography, sports, and of course sticking small plastic parts together. 

So sorry for your loss, she was a little beauty :(

Kindest regards,

Mark

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Nick @flashlight, sorry to hear of the passing of Fanny. We've had to put three of our much loved pets to sleep recently so we know how you feel. Just try to think of the good memories. Best regards, Jeff.

My mom worked for the ASCPA when I was in high school, she found homes for more than 200 animals over about a 20 year period, and raised German shepherds. We had a literal pet cemetery in the front yard. My mom had a serious case of the Ellie Mae Clampett syndrome, when she passed away in 2001, she still had about 6 animals, 2 dogs and 4 cats. They were already fairly old and I wound up putting them down in their turn as they grew old and feeble. I'd grown weary of that heartbreak, and swore I'd never have another critter, but my nieces left me with a dog and three cats. Sergeant York was the original mutant dog, part Corgi part Bassett, he was a terrain following dog that maneuvered like a tank. An adult dog when I got him and the most loyal dog in the world, he must have been over 15 years old, when I had to put him down late last year...

spacer.png 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

This is I think my most recent pic. It's from last Dec when we picked up the latest addition to our family. Jimmy is 10 weeks old in the pic. 

i-xxdSvtR-L.jpg

i-Z8w9XbP-L.jpg

He's a rescue from northern Manitoba so no idea on his breed. Here he is currently at 111 lbs. 

i-hqThQGQ-L.jpg

Our older dog Zoe passed in July last year. She was almost 14. Here she is waking our cat Sunny. 

i-8bDDpHq-L.jpg

IMG_20161023_145137-L.jpg

If not for her, we most likely wouldn't have gotten Jimmy as she turned my wife into more of a dog person as she's primarily a cat person.  Thankfully Zoe liked cats too. 

Sunny likes to keep me company at the bench. I'm amazed I don't have more cat fur in my paint jobs. 

PXL_20220822_010206404-L.jpg

Lastly, our other cat is Fursnake. Guess what Fur's favourite plane is:

i-xNqf5NX-L.jpg

Carl

• Like 14

32 minutes ago, FG2Si said:

Guess what Fur's favourite plane is:

Err, what ever takes his/her fancy? With that facial expression who's brave enough to argue? 😁 You have a nice collection (for want of a better word) of pets/family. Regards, Jeff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK - why not! 

Seeing I'm building a portly Gannet during this GB, here's a recent image of Mrs. RL and some fool doing his best 'Double Chin' Gannet AEW.3 Impression (don't you love selfies?)  

Taken last week at the Australian Open Tennis in Melbourne.... a fun hot day without the kids tagging along for once! 

Cheers... Dave (by the way ... Mrs. RL has no idea what a Gannet AEW.3 is)

52649197171_4b76455d24_o_d.jpg

• Like 15

Guess I'll kill 2 birds with one stone. 

IMG-20221001-WA0066

My grotesque mug with our cat Alley taking a nap on me a few months back. Was only a temporary position on my part, but it ended up for pretty much the entire length of Snowpiercer. Also, she has a thing about drinking my paint brush rinsing water on my work desk 🤷‍♂️....

IMG-20221101-WA0037

A more flattering angle....

• Like 10

This is a shot of my dad and I taken in the previous decade:

spacer.png

I've gotten a haircut since then, and dad has passed on.

spacer.png

This is the Kitty Cow, AKA Charley. The ladies at the vet called her Kitler, my niece named her after Chaplain. She says English words like "out." "yeah," "me," and "no."

spacer.png

spacer.png

And Cricket Bug, the 100 year old cat. There's another one, a big black and white male who looks like he's wearing a tuxedo. He's frightened by the camera and hides when I'll try to take his picture. I add him if I can ever sneak a shot of him.

Dave

Edited by UberDaveToo
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, UberDaveToo said:

And Cricket Bug, the 100 year old cat. There's another one, a big black and white male who looks like he's wearing a tuxedo. He's frightened by the camera and hides when I try to take his picture. I add him if I can ever sneak a shot of him.

Ah yes Tuxedo Cats, we’ve got one of those (actually our daughters), real brave they are.  His favourite pastimes are eating and sleeping.  Makes himself very scarce when we have visitors.

AW 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andwil said:

Ah yes Tuxedo Cats, we’ve got one of those (actually our daughters), real brave they are.  His favourite pastimes are eating and sleeping.  Makes himself very scarce when we have visitors.

AW 

He's the original fraidy cat, he even hides under the bed when my niece comes to visit, and she raised him from a kitten. The vet told us cats need 21 hours of sleep per day, all three are good at that...

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

This is me 😁

HWjF8v9.jpg

4 years ago 😳 where does time go?! My life's changed a lot since then.

HWjKfyX.jpg

And a recent one, with the other half.

• Like 7

I'm just in through the GB door here, posting a late entry build and looking around. This is a novel idea to me and I'm not big on selfies I must admit, but I do have one of me and Sammy Miller,taken at the Sammy Miller Motorcycle Museum.The illustrious racer and Trials Riding champ is still going strong and adding to his world-class collection of bikes.

He remembers my Dad and his KTT Velocettes......!

IMG_20211011_143353

• Like 2

I'm on the other side of the lens in this photo of our girl Cora (seat) and Omar (deck) during a day boat rental on Lake Powell in 2020. They're rescues from GSROC, so the vet identifies them as 'Shepherd mixes'. Omar's 8th birthday is today; Cora is now 10.

Cora-Omar-on-boat.jpg

• Like 4