It was in a book/ film/ song-in the bunfight and needing a bigger soundstage

Mjwomack

4 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I could “bouncing bomb” my way into this, but I also have some egg planes with the big bad wolf character. And let’s not forget Ecto 1. 

Added to the list, any mention of bouncing takes me straight to that Not the Nine O'Clock news song, 'I like bouncing'

I was bouncing down the club with a bird named Denis

I said to her in passing

I was pretty good at tennis

She said,

That doesn't need announcing judging by the way

your balls are bouncing

And into the chorus....

Good luck making a model of that!!

• Haha 2

• Mjwomack changed the title to It was in a book/ film/ song 21 'luvvies' in the script read-through already!

There are so many aircraft represented in films that I wouldn't know where to start (or finish). When I was very young, I remember seeing a film about a B-25 that crash-landed in North Africa. It was probably The Sole Survivor.

Frederick Forsyth's illustrated novella The Shepherd (written as a Christmas gift for his wife) features two famous de Havilland designs: The Vampire and the Mosquito. However, the illustrator seems to have gotten their DH designs confused, as sometimes the Vampire is drawn as a Venom, and the Mosquito as a Hornet.

I can think of at least two songs that mention the Zero, by Neil Young (Western Hero) and Billy Bragg (Sexuality). Never mind all the movies it's been in. Of course, it's one of many different aircraft represented in Tora, Tora, Tora, and several other WW II flicks.

Johnny Come Lately by Steve Earle references the P-47.

Tokyo Storm Warning by Elvis Costello references the Super Constellation.

The Boeing 747 (and indeed 707) are name-dropped in more songs than I care to remember.

For some idea of the range of possible subjects: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_in_fiction

... but even that list is probably far from complete.

• Like 2

• Mjwomack changed the title to It was in a book/ film/ song 22 'dahlings' for the casting call already
11 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Sign me up for this too MJ, although I think finding 'The Duke's' horse from Rio Grande might cause me a few headaches. 🤣🤣

John

No sooner said than done. And I know you love a challenge.

horse= iron horse= can I do The General, with a miniature Buster Keaton?

Or Charlie Chaplain as The Dictator, which would probably be easiest in a r'everse engineered' kind of way.

• Mjwomack changed the title to It was in a book/ film/ song 23 'dahlings' for the casting call already
3 hours ago, psdavidson said:

I'm ready for my moment in the spotlight (or 15 minutes of fame, or whatever)

FAB 1 should work nicely

/P

I keep wondering about something along those lines, maybe Scooby Doo or Yellow Submarine for vivid colours and no weathering.

• Like 1

• Mjwomack changed the title to It was in a book/ film/ song 24 'dahlings' for the casting call already
  • 3 weeks later...

Good morning Mjwomack

I would like to know if this P 47D Thunderbolt named " In the mood " 

Asisbiz 42 7977 P-47D Thunderbolt 56FG61FS HVD In The Mood Gerald W Johnson FRE5576 

most probably after the Glenn Miller's song In the mood  In the Mood - Wikipedia would be eligible ? 

Best regards 

Patrice 

12 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Mjwomack

I would like to know if this P 47D Thunderbolt named " In the mood " 

Asisbiz 42 7977 P-47D Thunderbolt 56FG61FS HVD In The Mood Gerald W Johnson FRE5576 

most probably after the Glenn Miller's song In the mood  In the Mood - Wikipedia would be eligible ? 

Best regards 

Patrice 

Oh! I see what you did there with a clever inversion. I hadn't thought of that, well I guess so, if only to acknowledge your ingenuity. I then wondered about Chattanooga Choochoo for my interest in trains, except there's no indication what it looked like!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

Oh! I see what you did there with a clever inversion. I hadn't thought of that, well I guess so, if only to acknowledge your ingenuity. I then wondered about Chattanooga Choochoo for my interest in trains, except there's no indication what it looked like!

Good morning my friend

Thank you very much for your message and please add my name to the list ..

Best Regards

Patrice

• Thanks 1

• Mjwomack changed the title to It was in a book/ film/ song now up to 26 after a good showing at the BAFTAs!
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Mjwomack changed the title to It was in a book/ film/ song now up to 27 after the Oscars
2 hours ago, CliffB said:

Me too please - probably something 007 themed, as you suggest.

Alternatively, if someone's produced a kit of a National Express coach.....

Welcome to the tour bus indeed- Scooby mobile is of course a possibility. But I'm wondering if you're thinking in terms of 'self-preservation'? In that case I think they'd be something in old white metal bus kits that would give you the basis of a plan🤔

• Like 1

• Mjwomack changed the title to It was in a book/ film/ song now up to 28 after the Oscars

49 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

In that case I think they'd be something in old white metal bus kits that would give you the basis of a plan🤔

I had this in mind (and in fact can't get rid of it now :winkgrin:)

The Divine Comedy - National Express (Later Archive 1998) - YouTube

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Is TV included ? If so I can always do a Corsair from the Black-sheep squadron TV show of the late 70’s. Basically a -4 or -5 in WW2 camouflage. 

Oh for sure TV is included. Does this mean you're included? Or will you be holding back for the crucial 30th name?

Not that there's room for divas on this sound stage 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjwomack said:

Oh for sure TV is included. Does this mean you're included? Or will you be holding back for the crucial 30th name?

Not that there's room for divas on this sound stage 😉

No sign me up I don't need much of an excuse to do a Corsair. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Is TV included ? If so I can always do a Corsair from the Black-sheep squadron TV show of the late 70’s. Basically a -4 or -5 in WW2 camouflage. 

Apparently it was also in film in 2004. The agents photos of the stars in the 70s series are definitely a period piece! As one review says, 'not historically accurate but gripping viewing)

• Like 1

• Mjwomack changed the title to It was in a book/ film/ song now up to 29 after the Oscars, or on to the bunfight!!!

As I require a number of local buildings for my project I think I'll put my name down for a building from the Lovejoy series built in card. The series was filmed in the area.

• Like 1

I've already done a "film" Dambuster using the ancient Revell kit - the decal for which replicate the film markings, whereas newer kits are all 617 style!

Reach for the Sky - the film gives you BOB marked Mk.XVIe with DB losing his leg bailing out of a bubble-top.

For the newer Dunkirk there's the Yakfire cameraship.

• Like 2