Mach2 but not in this puddle jumper - Republic RC-3 Seabee, Mach 2, 1/72 **Finished**

JOCKNEY

Great stuff Pat and apologies for missing the start of this thread. There are so many great builds going on it’s hard to keep track.

The Seabee is a very evocative subject and the thought of these aircraft swanning their way around the crystal clear waters of the French South Pacific must surely warm even your harsh Scottish winters.

Whatever you were looking for, I can see why you stopped once you found this. Looking good so far mate.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

One of my form employers, Zantop Airlines was owned by two brothers who had flown cargo for AAF over the hump in WWII, their hometown was Ypsilanti Michigan, so they decided to start a cargo airline and signed a contract to move GM car parts all over the country. in the 1970s the Zantop brothers bought Hawaiian Airlines maintenance base at the Macon GA airport, and I got a job with them in 1984 as an A&P mechanic. Sometime around 1990, the brothers went to the EAA convention in Oshkosh Ohio and bought themselves a freshly restored Republic Seabee, they flew it down to Macon and stored it in one of the hangar bays where I worked and I got to ogle it for a few days. It's a nice toy, if you can afford it, combination airplane and bass boat...

...Looks like you're doing a splendid job on a tricky kit.

Edited by UberDaveToo
Yours is yours until it you're...
  • Thanks 1

• Bertie McBoatface changed the title to Mach2 but not in this puddle jumper - Republic RC-3 Seabee, Mach 2, 1/72
  • JOCKNEY changed the title to Mach2 but not in this puddle jumper - Republic RC-3 Seabee, Mach 2, 1/72 **Finished**
9 hours ago, Grandboof said:

Plenty of your favourite decal softner or alchohl which ever works best for you. Get luck 

Martin H

Cheers Martin I tried both and to be honest the alcohol tastes nicer :wink:

Cheers Pat 🥃

• Haha 4

Great work Pat, that’s turned out really well despite it being a Mach 2 kit. Seems you’ve taken a bunch of parts and created an interesting, unique and well built example of this strangest of all Republic sea birds. I’m impressed. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A nice oddity. Good show on beating a Mach kit into something admirable.

I used to have the 48th Glencoe kit. It was rather nice I  thought with the exception of the lack of interior. And it was moulded entirely in clear plastic. The decal options were for a US civil subject or a camo Israeli one

Also included  on the decal sheet were items  intended for the cabin glazing! A bit bizarre but I suppose it covered the fact that there was no interior.

For some silly reason I sold the kit and never found out how it made up.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Cheers Martin I tried both and to be honest the alcohol tastes nicer :wink:

Cheers Pat 🥃

Hopefully you didn't get them mixed up . Your Puddle jumper looks great Pat . 

Martin H

• Thanks 1

This is a great result Pat. The decals looks as though they went on well over the wings. I have never built a Mach 2 kit but have heard about their reputation so well done on getting such a good end product out of it.

Ray

• Thanks 1

On 07/02/2023 at 20:31, Bertie McBoatface said:

That was an excellent and interesting build Pat. Well done indeed! 👍

Thanks Bertie

And special thanks for all the encouragement you have given to so many of the builds in this GB :worthy:

Cheers Pat 

• 2 months later...
On 08/02/2023 at 05:15, Rabbit Leader said:

Great work Pat, that’s turned out really well despite it being a Mach 2 kit. Seems you’ve taken a bunch of parts and created an interesting, unique and well built example of this strangest of all Republic sea birds. I’m impressed. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave

Thanks mate, really appreciated 

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1