Nieuport 17 Brussels walkaround?

Bozothenutter

Bit unsure about the accuracy of all the other ones, since I have no idea on accuracy. 

I've been looking for pics of the Brussels one. Except for the Netmaquettes set and a pic here and there, they seem to be rather rare (due to it being cordoned off?)

Any others I've missed?

5 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

Here's a link to a few shots on the WW1 Modelling Page site - not long for this world so copy if you need it in future. IIRC taken during the previous restoration.

http://www.wwi-models.org/Photos/Fre/Nie23/index.html

Paul.

Thanks for those!

Already has me thinking about how to replicate the zig-zag edged reinforcing fabric.

What do you mean "not long for this world", is it closing?

That would explain me not getting approved for membership yet. 🤔

Ah. The site was/is run by one guy and hosted on a works computer. He's retiring, or may even have done so by now - whatever, emails to the list became erratic end 2021 due to his bosses upgrading the university security. Not everyone was affected the same way, but I for one lost access to the list server in January 2022. The guy did his best to help out, but after some hiccups I couldn't get back in at all. Last I heard one of the list members was setting up an alternative system using Facebook, but I'm now completely out of touch. I can still see the list server's contents page, but it hasn't been updated since last January. The photo archive still seems to be running, but I suspect it's just because no-one has gotten around to turning it off.

Quite a lot of people from the list are now in the Great War SIG of IPMS UK, which doesn't have a mail server so we don't get the daily contact we once had, but OTOH has a  (IMHO) great free newsletter and displays at as many UK shows as possible. A few members are lurking about on Britmodeller too. If you want any further info, PM me.

Paul. 

Edited by Paul Thompson
Missing word unmissinged.
  • Thanks 1