Airfix Ferret armoured car 1/35

Julien

I have the Accurate Armour kit in the stash, so this will definitely be a must get so I can get around to building one!

Well done Airfix! More of the same please :)

• Like 2

Op Banner, BAOR, Aden, Cyprus, UN, BATUS, TA, End of Empire, Foreign use,

Gulf War 1  (Mk 1 only methinks). The list is endless. 

Looking at the CAD the construction looks very modular so easy for aftermarket to be dropped in.

Genius

Will

Edited by Scimitar F1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Scimitar F1 said:

Op Banner, BAOR, Aden, Cyprus, UN, BATUS, TA, End of Empire, Foreign use,

Gulf War 1  (Mk 1 only methinks). The list is endless. 

Looking at the CAD the construction looks very modular so easy for aftermarket to be dropped in.

Genius

Will

I know someone who commanded one in the Lebanon in the 80s under the UN so will be building at least one like that.

19 hours ago, Julien said:

No love on here for the new Ferret?

I for one am looking forward to it

https://uk.airfix.com/products/ferret-scout-car-mk2-a1379

It doesn't have wings!;)

Perhaps my only quibble with the Rumourmonger section is that non-aircraft releases often fly below the radar. However, it's understandable as Homebee's area of interest is aircraft and he is the main poster of news.

Mike.:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fantastic - although never on my wish list, it turns out this Ferret is exactly what I need!

I've been slowly working on a diorama of a section of the Berlin wall using a couple of the AFV Berlin Wall kits. Also a couple of Accurate Armour modern British Army figures to serve as an RMP patrol, on duty in the British Sector. Its a 1970's era scene so I'm replacing the figures' helmets with more traditional Redcaps using Hornet heads.  I have an Italeri Land Rover as an RMP patrol vehicle and this new Ferret is exactly what I need and should fit the scene perfectly.   🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Richard Humm said:

Apparently this isn't a collaboration with Academy, it's the first kit by a new designer at Airfix (Ethan), who has also designed the starter kit Land Rover.

I was wondering about that. Certainly exciting news, both look great and intelligently designed from the CAD. Hopefully this'll open up Airfix to a greater 1/72 and 1/35 armoured market like in ye olden days 

I will be getting a few of these especially if the price stays at around the 23 quid mark. Really like the BATUS range safety scheme with the red turret. Had a bash at the AA kit many years ago and made a real pigs ear of it as i'd never built a resin kit before. 

Very happy to see Airfix doing one in plastic and if it's a seller they might do other versions. 👍

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

• 1 month later...