Special Hobby (SH) - programme 2023 & newsletters 2023 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 & 12

Homebee

After the 2022 newsletters (link), here's the first one from SH for 2023.

Newsletter January 2023

https://www.specialhobby.info/2023/01/news-from-special-hobby-012023.html

news-23-01-horizontal.png

I would like to wish you a very happy New Year 2023, health, prosperity and joy, both in your work and personal life. With the start of the new year, we are here again with our Special Hobby Newsletter, the very first one in 2023. This Newsletter is bringing you the information on our January new releases, the upcoming models and sets scheduled for the next months as well as information on our attendance at the 2023 Nuremberg Toy and Model Fair which we are going to attend following a two year pause. And due to all the changes accompanying the fair, our stand will be located at a different place, in Hall 7A, stand No.E14 which we will be sharing with your Eduard friends. Do come and visit us, we are definitely looking forward to meeting you there and we will be happy to be able to show you what we are working on, what is being prepared for you, that said including one quite interesting surprise. 

This month’s edition focuses on three injection moulded models, each of them in a different scale, then let us mention the resin cast 1/48 scale Zetor 25 tractor among all other resin sets and models. Its smaller cousin in 1/72 sells exceptionally well and the demand lasts still. Which is why we have made the decision to upscale it to 1/48. I also would like to point out to the M66 bomb sets which are made by combination of standard resin cast items and direct 3D print. We also have quite wider range of pre cut masks this month, besides two sets making the masking of wheels and clear parts of recent models easier for you, we have also prepared two rather extensive mask sets devoted to the Swedish Viggen splinter schemes which do always pose a challenge to the modeller and perhaps often scare many a modeller off this type of paint job. 

To be released in February are three sets made by the direct 3D print method, starting with a relatively simple 1/35 MG3 machine gun set and on the other side of the spectrum you might find the Centaurus engine with its covering panels removed. This set is made for the 1/48 Special Hobby and Eduard kits. Somewhere between these two, at least in the means of complexity might be the Stugna-P set, depicting the modern Ukraina-made anti tank guided missile in 1/35 scale. During the coming spring, we will be releasing a few more sets for Revell’s PT Boat kits. And our range of styrene kit sets will get a welcome boost in the form of one more reboxing of our little and yet superbly detailed and truly top-notch 1/72 109 Emil kit, this time it is going to be the Bf 109E-1/B bomber version, a kit dubbed ‘Hit and Run Raiders’. Then there will be many other kits, to name a few the P-40D Warhawk/Kittyhawk Mk.I ‘Four Guns’ in 1/72 and DB-8A/3N ‘Outnumbered and Fearless’ in the same scale. We also might be able to get ready for the customers the quarterscale SK-37 Viggen Trainer and the Airspeed Oxford Mk.I ‘Gunner Trainer’, though the release date of these latest two models need to be confirmed still in the February Newsletter.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Special Hobby programme 2023

Source: https://www.specialhobby.net/2023/02/modely-special-hobby-na-rok-2023.html

They're two (maybe three) on my list 😎SH48207 - SF-260, SH48223 - SMB-2 & maybe SH48231 - T-2 Buckeye if - and only if - released with a plastic injected canopy !

Special Hobby kits 2023

Special Armour 1/72

- ref. SA72005              Sd.Kfz 250/1 Ausf.B - NEW TOOL

- ref. SA72017               Scheuch Schlepper - Tractor for Me.163 Komet

- ref. SA72028              Rheinmetall-Borsig Rheinbote V-4 - German WWII tactical ground to ground rocket

Special Hobby 1/32                      

- ref. SH32044              Fiat G.50-II Freccia - Finnish Aces

- ref. SH32084              Mansyu Ki-79 - NEW TOOL

- ref. SH32087              North Almerican T-2 Buckeye - Special Markings

- ref. SH32088              Westland Whirlwind FB Mk.I - Fighter-Bomber - Hi-Tech

Special Hobby 1/48

- ref. SH48057              Brewster Buffalo model 339-23 - RAAF & USAAF

- ref. SH48200              SNCAC NC.701 Martinet

- ref. SH48207              SIAI-Marchetti SF.260AM/M/W - NEW TOOL

- ref. SH48209              Saab SK 37 Viggen Trainer

- ref. SH48210              Heinkel He 177 A-3 Greif

- ref. SH48211               Avro Anson Mk.I - ex-Classic Airframes kit with new injected parts

- ref. SH48220              Piper J-3 Cub

- ref. SH48223              Dassault SMB-2 Super Mystère - NEW TOOL

- ref. SH48225              Grumman AF-2 Guardian - Fire Bomber

- ref. SH48227              Airspeed Oxford Mk.I - Gunner Trainer

- ref. SH48228              Potez 637 - Recce Version - NEW TOOL

- ref. SH48229              Fiat Br.20 Cicogna - Bomber over Two Continents

- ref. SH48231              North American T-2 Buckeye - Special Markings

- ref. SH48232              Bell AH-1Q/S Cobra - US & Turkish Army

- ref. SH48233              Supermarine Seafire Mk.XV - FAA & RCN Service

Special Hobby 1/72

- ref. SH72152              Fairey Albacore Mk.I - NEW TOOL

- ref. SH72172              Sikorsky CH-37C  Mojave - Deuce USMC

- ref. SH72357              Dassault Mirage F.1CT

- ref. SH72367              Curtiss P-40D Warhawk/Kittyhawk Mk.I - Four Guns

- ref. SH72381              Saak SK 37 Viggen  Trainer

- ref. SH72391              de Havilland DH.100 Vampire Mk.6 - Pinocchio Nose

- ref. SH72395              Republic F-84F Thunderstreak - NEW TOOL

- ref. SH72420              Potez 25A2 - Jupiter Version

- ref. SH72425              Lockheed Hudson Mk.IV/V/VI - NEW TOOL

- ref. SH72428              Heinkel He.59

- ref. SH72452              de Havilland DH. Mosquito PR.Mk.XVI - NEW TOOL

- ref. SH72460              Douglas P-70 Nighthawk

- ref. SH72465              Northrop DB-8A/3N - Outnumbered and Fearless

- ref. SH72466              Aero A-12 - the First of the Family

- ref. SH72473              CAC Wirraway - In training and combat

- ref. SH72474              Messerschmitt Bf.109E-1/B - Hit and Run Raiders

- ref. SH72475              Heinkel He.162A Spatz - Captured Birds

- ref. SH72476              Dassault Mirage IIIC - Armée de l'Air

- ref. SH72478              Douglas A-20G Havoc - Low Altitude Raiders

- ref. SH72479              Nakajima Ki-43-II Ko/Otsu - Japan's allies

- ref. SH72480              SAAB J/A-21R - First Jet made in Sweden

- ref. SH72481              Caproni Ca.310

- ref. SH72482              Supermarine Seafire FR.Mk.46

- ref. SH72484              Curtiss P-40N Warhawk / Kittyhawk Mk.IV

- ref. SH72485              Tachikawa Ki-54 Hickory - Captured and Post War Service

- ref. SH72486              Curtiss P-40M Warhawk / Kittyhawk Mk.III - involuntarily from Russia to Finland

- ref. SH72487              Gloster Meteor TT.Mk.20

- ref. SH72488              Nakajima Ki-43-III Hayabusa / "Oscar"

- ref. SH72489              CASA C-212-300 Aviocar - Long Nosed Casas

- ref. SH72490              Potez Air Fouga CM.170 Magister - Aerobatic Teams

- ref. SH72491              Junkers W-34Hi

Special Navy 1/72

- ref. SN72007              Kriegsfischkutter

Though the question what about the following SH announced kit projects?

1/32 - ref.SH32046 - Hawker Typhoon Mk.I - Car Door

1/48 - ref. SH48160 - Martin Baltimore Mk.I/II - thread

1/48 - ref. SH48??? - Dornier Do.24 - thread

1/72 - ref. SH72164 - Douglas A-1 Skyraider - thread

1/72 - ref. SH72401 - Mitsubishi Ki-21-I "Sally" - thread

1/72 - ref. SH72436 - Curtiss-Wright CW-21 Demon - thread

Etc.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to Special Hobby (SH) - programme 2023 & newsletters 2023 - 01
10 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Special Hobby 1/72                       

- ref. SH72489              CASA C-212-300 ‘Long Nosed Casas’      1/72

Hope they start with this one. :) 

spacer.png

Edited by CharlieGolf2009
  • Like 3

I believe the Hudson and Albacore will be new tools as well based on previous Rumourmonger posts. 

And, I know the Airfix Anson doesn’t make any money for Special Hobby, but I question the wisdom of a rerelease of the Classic Airframes kit, even with new parts which I assume will be for the cabin interior, just because the Airfix kit is so good and also reasonably priced. Are people really going to buy it over the Airfix kit?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I believe the Hudson and Albacore will be new tools as well based on previous Rumourmonger posts.

Albacore is new tool, shown a few years ago. Hudson was announced as a part of their "large kits refreshing" program - old main parts with newly tooled detail ones.

7 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Are people really going to buy it over the Airfix kit?

It all depends on the price, in many countries a Special Hobby model can be noticeably cheaper.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

It all depends on the price, in many countries a Special Hobby model can be noticeably cheaper.

It could also be more widely available - when it finally will be released. All these latest new tool Airfix releases have for some reason been hard to get in continental Europe. For instance when Mojehobby or Plastmodel (or other bigger retailers) get new shipments of Airfix, there's no Anson or 1/24. It's a strange situation when they're selling all the aftermarket accessories for the kits, but don't have the kits to sell. 

22 hours ago, Homebee said:

- ref. SH72452              de Havilland DH. Mosquito PR.Mk.XVI - NEW TOOL

I will only believe when I have the kit in my hands, because it circulates in announcements since 2016.

But if it does materialize, I'll be very happy to get one!

Keeping my fingers crossed....

• Like 3

21 hours ago, TheKinksFan said:

For instance when Mojehobby or Plastmodel (or other bigger retailers) get new shipments of Airfix, there's no Anson or 1/24. It's a strange situation when they're selling all the aftermarket accessories for the kits, but don't have the kits to sell. 

Yes, this is true. I even tried to check how much Anson costs and it was only in one of the big shops. Anyway, 'was' is too much to say - there was the price, the model was still unavailable.

This is from modelforum.cz, Alfred Riedel writes (Google translation): "we also have surprises in store, which we don't publish so that they are surprises". 

So some kits that they have decided not to announce are planned. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GioCare said:

The Baltimore in 48 scale seems to be among surprises !

It had already been announced before, Riedel writes that it just had been forgotten from the list of the 2023 releases. So the Baltimore is not one of the surprises. 

9 hours ago, TheKinksFan said:

This is from modelforum.cz, Alfred Riedel writes (Google translation): "we also have surprises in store, which we don't publish so that they are surprises". 

Good morning 

Please Lord don't let it be another F35 ...

But I will be very pleased with an Alpha Jet in 1/72 scale after the Fouga Magister réleased a few years ago ...

Patrice 

On 2/7/2023 at 11:28 PM, TheKinksFan said:

In my notes I have such kits announced in previous years, not listed in The Official 2023 List. Some only as a loose description, some with a catalogue number, some shown at various stages of design. The list does not include items announced more than 10 years ago, such as the Cessna O-1 Bird Dog or the Blohm & Voss Bv 141, both in 1/72:

1/32

• 32046 — Hawker Typhoon I Car DoorNew Tool — announced since 2017

1/48

• 48160 — Martin Baltimore I/II — New Tool — announced since 2022
  • 48221 — Potez 631 — New Tool Update — announced since 2022
  • 48xxx — SIAI-Marchetti SF-260EA/EU/D Late Bulged Canopy Type
  • 48xxx — SIAI-Marchetti SF-260TP

1/72

• 72164 — Douglas A-1F Skyraider — New Tool — announced since 2020 roku
  • 72336 — de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.1/FAW.2 — ex-MPM — announced since 2017
  • 72389 — FMA IA-58 Pucara — New Tool — announced since 2020
  • 72401 — Mitsubishi Ki-21-I “Sally” — New Tool — announced since 2022
  • 72436 — Curtiss CW-21 — New Tool — announced since 2022
  • 72xxx — Dassault Mirage 5 Family
  • 72xxx — Dassault Mirage F.1C — the last known variant announced
  • 72xxx — DH Mosquito Family — about ten variants announced
  • 72xxx — Messerschmitt Bf 109E-3a Swiss Air Force
  • 72xxx — Messerschmitt Bf 109E-4 Night Fighter
  • 72xxx — Messerschmitt Bf 109E-4/B
  • 72xxx — Messerschmitt Bf 109T Family
  • 72xxx — SIAI-Marchetti SF-260TP

As you can see, Special Hobby has quite a list of kits with which they can surprise modellers. Besides, like any company, they prepare some things in secret, and on top of that, many of their older and well known kits may appear as reissues or as boxes with new markings. I am pretty sure that our wallets are not safe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

As you can see, Special Hobby has quite a list of kits with which they can surprise modellers

Well, we can at least exclude the Ki-21, because of the ICM release. I would prefer them to announce kits just a couple of months before the release, when it's clear they're soon ready. But I guess they have their reasons for making these announcements, of which many are released after years, some never. 

1 hour ago, dragonlanceHR said:

As SH and ICM collaborated on few projects, it is not impossible that the data on Ki-21 was also shared and that SH Sally is ICM reboxed. Just my speculation.

There is a thread about this project where you can see a completely different parts breakdown and where there is a link to the Czech Modelforum, where Alfred Riedel from Special Hobby makes it clear that this is a project they have been running for a few years and has nothing to do with ICM.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to Special Hobby (SH) - programme 2023 & newsletters 2023 - 01 & 02

Newsletter February 2023

Source: https://www.specialhobby.info/2023/02/news-from-special-hobby-022023.html

news-23-02-horizont.png

Dear business friends,

This year’s first big event in a modeller’s calendar, the 2023 Nuremberg Toy Fair is over. We had been considering our participation this time as, after all, the fair was cancelled twice the previous years due to the global pandemic. And in the end we chose to attend it and it was a very good decision indeed. Even though there were fewer exhibitors than usually, mainly those from Asia, it was clear that Nuremberg is the very place where the best of trade deals are made. So, I would like to thank you all who visited our booth  and I also hope you have returned to your, and often quite distant, homes safely after the event. It was definitely a great pleasure to be able to meet you all. And to those of the customers who did not make it to Nuremberg this year, I cannot but recommend to visit next year. In connection with the fair, we have made announcements of the majority of our new models coming to the market in 2023. The list also attached to this Newsletter. That said, I also would like temp you to a few more coming projects that have  not been unveiled yet as they remain a surprise, yes we do like to bring several surprises to our custmers and partners throughout the year. 

And one tiny suprise is here for you right now as this month’s Newsletter is going to announce not the usual trio of models but as many as five of them! Two of these five are 1/48 scale models, the Oxford with a gun turret is a representative of WW2 aeroplanes while the SK-37 Viggen belongs to much more modern times, the jet fighter aeroplanes era. Next we have a trio of 1/72 scale models for you, the Messerschmitt Bf 109E-1/B is a fighter-bomber subverison of the Emil fighter and the kit also contains a resin made bomb carrier with four bombs, then the P-40D Warhawk/Kittyhawk Mk.I is a quite rare and in very low numbers produced version of the iconic Warhawk fighter. The kit is also limited edition and has really interesting scheme options, so do not hesitate with your orders. And lastly in this scale is the DB-8A/3N commemorating the brave Dutch airmen defending the Netherlands in 1940.

From all our resin cast and 3D-printed sets, let me now focus on the 3D-printed 1/35 scale MG3 machine gun which is a contemporary weapon in use with many armies worldwide, it also makes the secondary armament of tanks, armored and also non-armoured vehicles. And sadly, in many a kit of such vehicles, the weapon is repicted rather poorly. So we would assume that modellers will appreciate this piece of military inventory. And on the very top of our accesorries in the 1/48 scale arguably is the 3D-printed Centaurus engine with the covering panels removed. This power plant set is designed to fit the Eduard/Special Hobby Tempest Mk.II kits. In 1/72, we also have for you two sets for Revell’s PT Boat kits. And we hope that the other new items mentioned in this Newsletter will be of interest to you. So we do look forward to your orders.

We would like inform you that as of 1 April 2023 we will have to adjust our prices. It is not going to be just an increase, the prices will change in both directions, up and down within a maximum range of 10%.
Unfortunately, this way we need to respond to the changes of raw materials and energy prices.
The new price lists will be ready by the March Newsletter release date, however all orders received before 31 March 2023 will be invoiced at the original prices.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee