On 4/16/2023 at 9:34 PM, Martian said:

What is going on here, you evil child, is that the Zeppelin display had its debut at the local show yesterday.  Having burnt the candle at both ends for the last few weeks to get the display ready, I am now paying the price healthwise and need to recover for a few days. Then, hopefully later this week, you impatient Earthling, I shall be starting to paint the inside of the cabin and get it buttoned up. Until then, report to Mrs Martian for a thorough blurglecruncheoning!

Wrecked of Mars 👽

Oh Sorry  Great Admiral of the Poole galactic fleet....:cheers:

Can't wait to see this magnificent thread taking off again, I mean the thread, cause the Zerbe is more hypothetical....:whistle::whistle:

Maybe Capt Flashheart can be of any help for your collection of Flying panatellas.....:bandit:

If you have a thread or a page to see your Zeppelin display, I'll be glad to see it....

On 4/16/2023 at 7:11 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

CC, Just when the therapy sessions (Ten of them) had helped me to forget this thread, you have to bring it back! 

I'll have to go back for more now. They cost a fortune! It's either that or I turn to drink. Chimay, also very expensive! Drat!

Nice Goat though. Cheers. 🍻

What ?? Why spent your bucks for a shrink ??:rolleyes:

Chimay will do the job far better:cheers:

Another bonus is of patriotic nature.... You can start with a red one, then a blue one and finally a white one....

Then, you sing the God save the king in Javanese....:giggle:

10 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Once it's fired off all the ammo, the goat will be lead free!

Thus it will please Greta....

Well, I wish you all the best....

Amazingly enough I saw that @general melchett and me are born almost at the same time and the same year....

I opened the way.... Libra are the best... I saaayyyyy

Sincerely.

CC 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Oh Sorry  Great Admiral of the Poole galactic fleet....:cheers:

Can't wait to see this magnificent thread taking off again, I mean the thread, cause the Zerbe is more hypothetical....:whistle::whistle:

Maybe Capt Flashheart can be of any help for your collection of Flying panatellas.....:bandit:

If you have a thread or a page to see your Zeppelin display, I'll be glad to see it....

Hi CC, the pictures of the display are on my Zeppelin thread.

Martian 👽

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2023 at 11:52 AM, Zephyr91 said:

Humphh!  :tease:    We don't all have a Defence Budget the size of the USA!  One has to be innovative occasionally ......... :pilot:

I assume Nora Batty has already been called up then?

Ian

• Haha 4

Amazingly enough I saw that general melchett and me are born almost at the same time and the same year....

Good lord, there's a thought, and not a pretty one. I'm a Scorpion CC, however....the Mem's a libran (or is she a librarian, never can remember unless a book's overdue) so watch out. Talking of born almost at the same time, the actress Jamie Lee Curtis is actually ten minutes older than me and she had nice legs too (useless information bit over)....

Regarding the Zerbe, which everyone seems to have forgotten about, including me, it should be back on track in a couple of weeks when I return from my sojourn to the West Country for a spot of R&R with the Memsahib. Hopefully Martian will begin his revival now that his gasbag venture has reached it's glorious climax (down Darling!)...

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Good lord, there's a thought, and not a pretty one. I'm a Scorpion CC, however....the Mem's a libran (or is she a librarian, never can remember unless a book's overdue) so watch out. Talking of born almost at the same time, the actress Jamie Lee Curtis is actually ten minutes older than me and she had nice legs too (useless information bit over)....

Regarding the Zerbe, which everyone seems to have forgotten about, including me, it should be back on track in a couple of weeks when I return from my sojourn to the West Country for a spot of R&R with the Memsahib. Hopefully Martian will begin his revival now that his gasbag venture has reached it's glorious climax (down Darling!)...

You mean to tell us that Jamie Lee Curtis was born in 1863?

Zepp display has a way to go before it is complete but at least now I can work on it as and when the mood takes me.

In credulous of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

we've both weathered rather well, considering. 

Can I ask where you get the creosote nowadays? Aside from licking telephone poles, obviously. 

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Can I ask where you get the creosote nowadays? Aside from licking telephone poles, obviously. 

I think it's actually Baldrick's Tincture. Best not to ask!

Ian

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

So that's what Melchie was doing when we arrived at Melchett Towers last summer! 

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

I think it's actually Baldrick's Tincture. Best not to ask!

Ian

🤮

Queasy of Mars 👽

• Haha 8

Aside from licking telephone poles, obviously. 

I'll have you know that telephone pole licking is considered a traditional pastime around these here parts (the sensible bit of Lincoln, Pete, things may well be a bit different up in the boonies). Darling says....well, we won't go into what he has to say on the subject, suffice to know that he was the Croydon juniors stick and twig licking champion six years on the bounce before progressing to the senior telecommunications pole event. The creosote is now home brewed by Baldrick himself...origin unknown and we don't ask, what we don't know can't hurt us.

So that's what Melchie was doing when we arrived at Melchett Towers last summer! 

No no Martian that was something completely different and somewhat surprisingly, legal.

• Haha 5