5 hours ago, general melchett said:

some things only improve with age.

And some things don't, so keep taking the pills...

I too am only managing to take baby steps with my current project. Lack of time, the cold and waiting for glue to dry properly are just some of the problems.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Melchy, Martian I do hope you chaps are both OK. Has this rather splendid project retired to the shelf of doom? 'Twas rather fun with some amazing modelling going on every now and then.

Richie 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, RichieW said:

Melchy, Martian I do hope you chaps are both OK. Has this rather splendid project retired to the shelf of doom? 'Twas rather fun with some amazing modelling going on every now and then.

Richie 

The project is still very much on. In fact only last week I  took delivery of the Baldrick and Melchett figures I commissioned  for this build. The delay on my part is down to the fact that my Zeppelin display has to be ready for its debut at the local model show on 15th April and everything else has to take a back seat until then as there is a lot of work still to be done. Getting back to this will be a real breath of fresh air!

Martian 👽

• Like 9

No fear Richie, finding the time is more the issue. We have a rather hectic schedule this year with protracted time away from MT. At this very moment I’m dictating this message to Darling while overlooking magnificent views of the Welsh countryside (Ceredigion, land of my fathers) from a 200 year old coach house, fighting a 50 mph headwind, lashing rain and driving sleet…yes, the British spring is well and truly here. Unfortunately, the Mem draws the line at dragging the man cave with us across Europe which, I feel is a tad unreasonable, especially as Baldrick has kindly offered us the use of his Series 1 Bailey Unicorn  Valencia, once he’s refitted the damp asbestos insulation, removed his ‘medical paraphernalia’ and revolting collection of live nicknaks. Still, I’ll be back on this as soon as I return to the land of the Yellowbellies….

• Haha 13

Oh how splendid the lunacy is to continue. At least ye olde constraints on a gentleman's/Martian's time keeps one somewhat out of mischief what, what. 

Richie

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, RichieW said:

At least ye olde constraints on a gentleman's/Martian's time keeps one somewhat out of mischief what, what. 

Richie

Not if you listen to Mrs Martian or Lady Melchett they don't!

Martian  👽

• Haha 8

Splendid news indeed to hear you chaps haven't given up on this remarkable project(s)! This particular thread fills a much-needed void in my life. I'll be glad once His Martianship has sorted out his Zeppelin-related activities, and the General has returned from the wilds of Wales to the more civilised clime of Melchett* Towers and work can once again begin in earnest (which is I believe a small village in Dorsetshire, if memory serves).

Yours, etc.

Jason, etc.

*Do you know that when I typed in 'Melchett', the spell-checker did not recognise this illustrious name? Why the very cheek of it! Not to be allowed! Next thing you know it won't recognise 'Zaphod Beeblebrox' when I type it in. Ah there, it did; perhaps some order is returning to the Universe after all. And about time, too!

Edited by Learstang
Minor change. Just a trifle. Hardly worth mentioning.
  • Haha 10

25 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Next thing you know it won't recognise 'Zaphod Beeblebrox' when I type it in. Ah there, it did; perhaps some order is returning to the Universe after all. And about time, too!

Pangalactic gargleblasters all round it is then! 😀 

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, RichieW said:

Pangalactic gargleblasters all round it is then! 😀 

I'm not certain my insurance covers this. I can't remember if this counts as an 'Act of God' or an 'Act of War'.

Best Regards,

Jason (former MP from the Slightly Silly Party)

• Haha 11

13 hours ago, Learstang said:

I'm not certain my insurance covers this. I can't remember if this counts as an 'Act of God' or an 'Act of War'.

Best Regards,

Jason (former MP from the Slightly Silly Party)

Sorry, just for a moment I read "Act of Goat"!

MP for the Outrageously Bonkers Party of Mars 👽

• Haha 10

6 hours ago, Martian said:

Sorry, just for a moment I read "Act of Goat"!

MP for the Outrageously Bonkers Party of Mars 👽

Of course, the Giant Mutant Star Goat.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Learstang said:

Of course, the Giant Mutant Star Goat.

Best Regards,

Jason

Now there's a thought for a diorama! :hmmm: 

Easily Distracted of Mars 👽

• Haha 7

On 3/22/2023 at 10:45 AM, general melchett said:

Still, I’ll be back on this as soon as I return to the land of the Yellowbellies….

Ah, Don't rush back. Lincs FM Traffic report said the council have closed your road as the cobbles aren't metric.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Ah, Don't rush back. Lincs FM Traffic report said the council have closed your road as the cobbles aren't metric.

And they're not stone either. Heard it was some type of "Martian Concoction"

• Haha 4

Ah the distinguished General Melchett was in CWMYSTWYTH ????

Did he took a hot goat milk at the GWASANAETHAU.....

With the help of our Dear alien, I'll maybe find a way to pronounce it.....

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

But I rhink that some rocket fuel will help....

Help a lot indeed.....

Sincerely...

Always learning CC

• Haha 8

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Gents,

What's going on here ???

We want more and we want the goat.....

Look what I saw on her road to Dorset and Bomber county....

chever

She paid for a trip with Melchett Martian Airways but is waiting for too long a time....

She's back....

She's angry..... And she's carrying guns....

Can't resist... :whistle::whistle:

When I saw this pic, I was sure that putting it here was the right thing to do.....

I hope that you both are all right....

Cincerely.

CC

• Haha 11

CC, Just when the therapy sessions (Ten of them) had helped me to forget this thread, you have to bring it back! 

I'll have to go back for more now. They cost a fortune! It's either that or I turn to drink. Chimay, also very expensive! Drat!

Nice Goat though. Cheers. 🍻

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Gents,

What's going on here ???

We want more and we want the goat.....

Look what I saw on her road to Dorset end Bomber county....

chever

She paid for a trip with Melchett Martian Airways but is waiting for too long a time....

She's back....

She's angry..... And she's carrying guns....

Can't resist... :whistle::whistle:

When I saw this pic, I was sure that putting it here was the right thing to do.....

I hope that you both are all right....

Cincerely.

CC

What is going on here, you evil child, is that the Zeppelin display had its debut at the local show yesterday.  Having burnt the candle at both ends for the last few weeks to get the display ready, I am now paying the price healthwise and need to recover for a few days. Then, hopefully later this week, you impatient Earthling, I shall be starting to paint the inside of the cabin and get it buttoned up. Until then, report to Mrs Martian for a thorough blurglecruncheoning!

Wrecked of Mars 👽

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Martian said:

What is going on here, you evil child, is that the Zeppelin display had its debut at the local show yesterday.  Having burnt the candle at both ends for the last few weeks to get the display ready, I am now paying the price healthwise and need to recover for a few days. Then, hopefully later this week, you impatient Earthling, I shall be starting to paint the inside of the cabin and get it buttoned up. Until then, report to Mrs Martian for a thorough blurglecruncheoning!

Wrecked of Mars 👽

That’s all well and good, but what about the goat?

The world wonders . . . .

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, billn53 said:

That’s all well and good, but what about the goat?

The world wonders . . . .

I understand that the goat is quite happy at the moment, grazing in Lady Melchett's flower beds. Whether he will be happy or even alive when Lady M finds out is very much open to question. :shoot: I suspect that he will rapidly decide that a trip in the Zerbe will be safer than hanging around Melchett Towers. 

Martian 👽

• Haha 6