On 2/6/2023 at 2:04 PM, general melchett said:

one bedroom flat above a stationary shop in Soho....

Glad to see his shop is not moving. Moving shops, combined with check-out staff who are mathematically incompetent, play havoc with the senses!

As for the full body bags, they would certainly alleviate the need for toilets. Plenty of room for waste inside and it would also add to the cushioning effect!

Ian

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

Glad to see his shop is not moving. Moving shops, combined with check-out staff who are mathematically incompetent, play havoc with the senses!

As for the full body bags, they would certainly alleviate the need for toilets. Plenty of room for waste inside and it would also add to the cushioning effect!

Ian

We just need showers and NBC units at the airport arrival....

Just in case....

At the opening of the bags, Baldrick will look like he smell quite rightly....

Cincerely.

CC

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Lunatech said:

🤣🤣🤣

I can see the wisdom of getting passengers to wear these bags, but rather think suspicions might be raised about flight safety and the like if they are told 'please wear these for the flight, it will avoid the need for us to come around picking-up body parts after the 'flight'.

Definately best if we tell them it's purely to contain spillages during the flight. Which is of course partly true.

Surely one look at the contraption should be enough to raise any sane person's suspicions? 

3 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Wearing their black bags is the same as wearing a seat belt. It's not for safety. It's because the Ambulance drivers are too lazy to look for the bodies.

:rofl2: Wibble Factor ten!

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

On the negative side, these “full-body” bags would make it difficult to use the loo in-flight.

As Ian says it might just make the ladies powder room redundant, although being a self-contained unit will almost certainly have it's drawbacks....:sick:

Glad to see his shop is not moving. 

No, it's staying put at the moment which suits Darling perfectly as he never knows where he is...chap's all over the shop....

Edited by general melchett
  • Haha 5

Help Needed! 

As most of you good Earthlings may be aware, tech is not exactly my forte! I am having a really hard time re-sizing the pictures I want to decorate the ceiling of my Sedan with. Is there anyone who, if I send them the pictures I am trying to reduce in size and the dimensions I want to reduce them to, could do this for me? I accept that there are probably Neandertals with more computer skills than myself and asking for help is the best way to get my build moving a bit faster.

Grateful (In anticipation) of Mars 👽

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

It's because the Ambulance drivers are too lazy to look for the bodies.

Or bits thereof.

Realistic of Mars 👽

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Martian said:

Help Needed! 

As most of you good Earthlings may be aware, tech is not exactly my forte! I am having a really hard time re-sizing the pictures I want to decorate the ceiling of my Sedan with. Is there anyone who, if I send them the pictures I am trying to reduce in size and the dimensions I want to reduce them to, could do this for me? I accept that there are probably Neandertals with more computer skills than myself and asking for help is the best way to get my build moving a bit faster.

Grateful (In anticipation) of Mars 👽

Shouldn't bee too much of a problem Martian. How fast do you want them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Shouldn't bee too much of a problem Martian. How fast do you want them?

Whenever is most convenient, I now have a firm deadline to have my Zeppelin display ready, so I have plenty of stuff to do there/

Martian 👽

14 minutes ago, billn53 said:

It’s not the Sistine Chapel, is it?

It might be...

Knowing our Great Admiral of the Poole galactic fleet....

Errr

Or

Sand bags and barbed wires....

Or the Chimay emblem...

Or this.... 

106927892_3117798701622484_7014524377190759344_o

Since it was his fav one....

Just saying....

May be....

Perhaps ...

Who knows....

Perplexity.....

CC

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Andwil said:

Have you considered mirrors on the ceiling?

AW

I have been toying with the idea for the Rumpus Room/bog. :hmmm:

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, general melchett said:

Nope, completely lost me there CC......over to the boffins at Bletchley House for this one, looks tricky, even for them.

Huh ?

Okay, I'll go back to Bletchley house again....:cheers:

More teaching to perform for this CC

Last time I was at SMW, our dear ETI really enjoyed the Delirium Tremens....

So, adorning the ceiling of his cab with pics of beer taps with the pink elephant emblem make sense ... Did it ??

:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

Coding with beer brands... The science of future..... :rofl2:

CC

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, general melchett said:

I'm afraid he has, and that's what's worrying....

More worrying, for the General at least, is the fact that the "Special Guest Star" is supposed to be arriving at Martian Towers tomorrow. :evil_laugh:

7 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Coding with beer brands... The science of future..... :rofl2:

CC

The Germans must have been kicking themselves that they never thought of that one, instead of struggling on with all that Enigma nonsense; added to which, when the message had been recieved, they could have drunk the evidence! :drink:Eight Wibble points!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Last time I was at SMW, our dear ETI really enjoyed the Delirium Tremens....

So, adorning the ceiling of his cab with pics of beer taps with the pink elephant emblem make sense ... Did it ??

Well, if he enjoys the DTs then fair play to him, pink elephants make perfect sense,  

Funny, we were chatting on the landline last night about various things, the Memsahib's eclectic habits (and no, before anyone asks, not remotely-controlled nun costumes, although, it's an idea), the weather, our charabancs, changes to the LBW rule etc, including thoughts for SMW this year and here your name came up several times,...all I can say is, start preparing now and be very, very afraid, :shutup: Your black bin bag won't be of much help but the contents just might be.

More worrying, for the General at least, is the fact that the "Special Guest Star" is supposed to be arriving at Martian Towers tomorrow. 

Oh good lord, not Madam 'Fifi' (with two ffs) Fontaine of Nether Wallop and her unicycle riding llamas? we still haven't managed to remove the stains from her last visit...

Nothing very exciting but I managed to glue the fuselage together with no drama, (in fact I was surprised at just how good the fit was). Some Tamiya Basic Grey filler was run along the seam lines which were then smoothed off using Infini Model sanding-stick and polished with 8000 and 13000 grade Micro Mesh cloth. As you can see the windows were also masked ready for the inevitable Big push, coming up soon.  Can't put it off any longer so it's onto the quad wing plank arrangement next....

AGD-2852-001.jpg

AGD-2855-001.jpg

Thanks for looking

:cheers:

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 20
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Lemonades ??

Holy cow Pete, what's happening in Lincs ????

And please don't tell me about lemon or so flavored "beers"....

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

Well, if he enjoys the DTs then fair play to him, pink elephants make perfect sense,  

Funny, we were chatting on the landline last night about various things, the Memsahib's eclectic habits (and no, before anyone asks, not remotely-controlled nun costumes, although, it's an idea), the weather, our charabancs, changes to the LBW rule etc, including thoughts for SMW this year and here your name came up several times,...all I can say is, start preparing now and be very, very afraid, :shutup: Your black bin bag won't be of much help but the contents just might be.

:bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit:

:whistle:

Well done on the fuselage, now what will be the color ?? 

Let's guess what will suit the best for an high ranking officer ??

As I am terribly nosy, I typed Fifi Fontaine on the web aaaaand... 

Well, how can I say it.... You are understood.... 

Just hope that Baldrick will not be involved in the painting process.....

:evil_laugh:

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Ah, Bad Co CC, great band, part of the soundtrack of my yoof, I still get cold shivers listening to Paul Rogers sing Wishing Well (although that might be down to having one too many of matron's early morning ice showers back in the day). Don't recall Fifi being in the line up but who knows what went on, everyone was so strung out, not that I know what that means :whistle:

I don't suggest you search for her on You Tube, you'll never be the same again...I know I wasn't.

I spotted a modelling post. Do I get a prize??

Sorry about that Adrian, I'll try not to make a habit of it....yes, one of Baldrick's prize 'turnips' is on it's way to you...enjoy.

• Haha 8

A very nice coming together of the fuselage. Given the low probability of this "flying" machine ever actually flying, it sort of reminds me of a coffin ...........🤔

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 7