Ah, so it's curtains for everyone who flies in it. Now I understand. Please cancel my reservation. I've had, er, reservations about it.

Funnily enough you're the 30th person to do that since the tickets went on sale yesterday afternoon...particularly after mentioning that it would be a 'wind in your hair, once-in-a-lifetime' experience........odd that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

OK, I have been following this thread for some time now, and cannot hold this in any more.

Sorry, now that is cleaned-up I will begin. I am building one these aeroplanes contrivances over on another forums (they don’t appear to have spotted me yet, can’t be long before the brush comes out and ‘shoo’ shouted to accompany it), mine won’t be as ‘interesting’ as those to be viewed in these esteemed manufacturing premises, it being the ‘standard’ production-model, albeit fitted with those spectacular ‘sport’ model wheels from Gaspatch. I am at the point or joining the wings to the fuselage. This is proving somewhat ‘interesting’ Fit here appears to not brilliant -although this might be down to a manufacturing process error; well, the assembly staff are the cheapest available, previously seen picking over the rubbish tips around Crewe and begging outside of poundland, might be something needing addressing there perhaps. I think we have a solution to this and this weekend hope to have them affixed and the wheels fitted, then, to the skies and beyond!

I am mightily impressed with the 2 builds here, they far exceed even modern-day executive transport operated for such luminaries as oil-magnates and Saudi-royalty and such like. You're bound to corner the executive market!

I do, however, have serious concerns regarding the incomplete ‘business-model’ of this venture; what about the necessary changes required to aerodromes to facilitate the possible mass-use of these machines when -as is likely, they ‘take-off!?’ I have sorted this myself at the Crewe International aerodrome, where at this minute adjacent to the Chapel, there is being constructed a life-insurance office, this will be next to the funeral directors.

I will report back on how far this device flies, when it actually gets airborne.

• Haha 12

20 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

OH, and how exactly does said Pilot see where he's going? Or, will blind faith be enough?

I suspect that the limited forward view may have had something to do with the original machines "heavy landing". Either that or the "genius" who got Baldrick to pilot the thing.

23 hours ago, Brandy said:

Not much headroom in the bog area. I can't say I've ever tried to take a dump bent double but it doesn't sound like a pleasant experience!

Ian

I think you have missed the point here Ian. The bog is just there for form's sake, a cunning disguise for what is really the General's airborne  "Rumpus Room".

Martian 👽

• Haha 9

I do, however, have serious concerns regarding the incomplete ‘business-model’ of this venture; what about the necessary changes required to aerodromes to facilitate the possible mass-use of these machines when -as is likely, they ‘take-off!?’ I have sorted this myself at the Crewe International aerodrome, where at this minute adjacent to the Chapel, there is being constructed a life-insurance office, this will be next to the funeral directors.

Welcome lunatech (most apt). You're quite right to voice concerns re the business model. There will indeed need to be changes made to any aerodrome infrastructure capable of handling Zerbe operations. Someone to carry the piano, walk/feed/water the donkey, clean the spitoon etc. I think possibly moving chapels and their associated life-insurance portacabins to the end of the active runway would make sound business sense on the grounds of efficiency (ie the relatives won't have so far to walk/visit or pick up their cheques). I shall put this to the board next time Darling can be bothered to haul his carcass out of bed. 

• Haha 10

On 03/02/2023 at 14:19, general melchett said:

Funnily enough you're the 30th person to do that since the tickets went on sale yesterday afternoon...particularly after mentioning that it would be a 'wind in your hair, once-in-a-lifetime' experience........odd that.

With that loo onboard I'd be suspicious about where the wind was coming from.

Your Mostly Abject Servant,

Jason

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, Learstang said:

With that loo onboard I'd be suspicious about where the wind was coming from.

Your Mostly Abject Servant,

Jason

It rather depends on which end the wind was coming from. From the top end, it is most likely to be the General practising for the Old Harrovians burping team,; from the bottom end, the wind will almost certainly be emanating from Baldrick's trousers.

Clarifying the Conundrums of Mars 👽

• Haha 11

From the top end, it is most likely to be the General practising for the Old Harrovians burping team

So true, the 'Wind-Breakers 11' will be attending a contest in Chicago soon, hoping the Zerbe can make it there without major incident (fingers crossed the band don't mind the wing seats...the views will be epic). Baldrick will be co-ordinating the IFR portions of the flight with the Royal Air Force using 18 converted Vickers Vernons led by none other than squadron commander, the Lord Flasheart himself, Darling will lead the piano recitals, pillow fluffing, flower arranging etc...so it's all go. Hoping the 'Windy City' will provide a bit of inspiration for the team and although I've been away from training for a while I might even see fit to join them for a tune or two once I've downed sufficient quantities of Shredded Sporran and eel and cabbage pie. After the show the others will have to make their own arrangements to get home, naturally, the Twyford 'Big Boy' will be busy enough as it is...

More news from the home front, chintz in place and metal curtain rods fitted, all ready for the 'Big Push'.

AGD-2835.jpg

'Big Push' completed with all the bits and pieces glued in place. Now for the fun bit....sticking the fuselage together and hoping it all fits. Note the Japanese Rising Sun on the bog seat, this is to encourage users to vacate the room as soon as possible, as opposed to a full moon!

AGD-2838.jpg

Thanks for looking (disclaimer: you do so at your own peril).

:cheers:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, general melchett said:

eel and cabbage pie

Ahhh, Reminds me of prep school. The fun we had after lights out.

Of course that young fool Strangely-Browne had to light a match. Decades later and he still sings in the choir with the younger boys....

• Haha 12

These curtains are tasteful my Dear general !!

277466736_3073677789548685_8366810851943838299_n

Baaaah, Like there are admiral barges... There's an executive cab for one of the founding fathers of the RAF....

:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

What's going with our Tentacled admiral's Zerbe ??

Can't wait to see your progress Dear ETI....

Standard production ?? Really ??

Given the subject, standard is a joke....

Have a great modelling week !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 12

On 2/3/2023 at 2:19 PM, general melchett said:

Ticketmaster lost my reservation.

• Haha 9

Ticketmaster lost my reservation.

No problem Mike, I'll get Darling to send you another, just as soon as he gets back from the Old Boys Brigade meeting he's holding in his one bedroom flat above a stationary shop in Soho....

Baaaah, Like there are admiral barges... There's an executive cab for one of the founding fathers of the RAF....

Exactly CC, how else is a general supposed to get between important meetings with fellow members of the Harrovian Cat Strangling and Ferret Nobbling Society, the Winchester Flower-Arrangers Eleven and the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps, Carrier Pigeon Fanciers division, one can't be expected to slum it and travel with the hoi polloi, even first class, it's just not cricket and besides, who would carry my feathery hat?

Would these work for your friend?

These would be ideal Ian, the line "what you don't know can't hurt you" and turn completely dark and opaque at the first sign of danger sounds perfect....I'll issue a set to Baldrick, our chauffer, right away B)

Edited by general melchett
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, general melchett said:

These would be ideal Ian, the line "what you don't know can't hurt you" and turn completely dark and opaque at the first sign of danger sounds perfect....I'll issue a set to Baldrick, our chauffer, right away B)

A simple towel over the head would be just as effective, and cheaper too!

• Haha 8

16 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Or, a paper bag

And the bottle from the paper bag can help too...:rofl2::rofl2:

And what about the now famous black bin bag from CC ???

Tremendously helpful....:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

Sincerely helping CC

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Trials are underway in Germany CC...

On the negative side, these “full-body” bags would make it difficult to use the loo in-flight. On the plus side, passengers will already be wearing their post-landing body bags. 

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, billn53 said:

On the negative side, these “full-body” bags would make it difficult to use the loo in-flight. On the plus side, passengers will already be wearing their post-landing body bags. 

🤣🤣🤣

I can see the wisdom of getting passengers to wear these bags, but rather think suspicions might be raised about flight safety and the like if they are told 'please wear these for the flight, it will avoid the need for us to come around picking-up body parts after the 'flight'.

Definately best if we tell them it's purely to contain spillages during the flight. Which is of course partly true.

• Haha 8