A joke for the 'Amurhcans' here: Didn't you know, George Santos (AKA Anthony Devolder) invented the Zerbe Air Sedan.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Small change.
  • Haha 7

22 hours ago, Martian said:

anxious to help Melchie fulfill his Mile High Club ambition informs me that he has secured the services of a very special guest star to assist with this.

Don't tell me he found the Sheep from Woody Allen's epic film?

Ian

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, Learstang said:

A joke for the 'Amurhcans' here: Didn't you know, George Santos (AKA Anthony Devolder) invented the Zerbe Air Sedan.

Best Regards,

Jason

And he set three speed and altitude records in it, and placed first at Reno.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Brandy said:

Don't tell me he found the Sheep from Woody Allen's epic film?

Ian

Not yet. Seemingly, they have been given a new identity and are proving somewhat elusive.

Martian 👽

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Sheep? Worry? Dogs have been shot for less. Keep a low profile, there's a lamb.

Martha's Vineyard. Well known retirement spot for ex animal artistes. Stuart Little had a small holding and Silver Ranged far and wide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, billn53 said:

"You're really something special . . . ."

"The General dressed me up like this!"

Martian 👽

• Haha 7

Gents...

Seriously....

This lady will come wit the General...

And our Martian has done a Zerbe in pure WWI trench style.....

I found you dear Alien :evil_laugh::evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

Amused CC

• Haha 7

24 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Gents...

Seriously....

I found you dear Alien :evil_laugh::evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

Well, I'm not exactly difficult to spot!

Martian 👽

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, europapete said:

Just as an aside, when was it first realised that an aeroplane needed a toilet? I mean, you can hold it from London to Paris, but to Munich?? That would be an effort. 

I would imagine that Messers Alcock , Brown and Lindbergh were kicking themselves that they never thought to get one of Armitage Shanks finest fitted to their aircraft.

Martian 👽

• Haha 7

Well, now I'm back from my visit to the Twilight Zone and after a short period of rehabilitation am back on the case with this aerial absurdity.

23 hours ago, Martian said:

Gents...

Seriously....

Ah, many fond memories CC...almost brings an excruciating tear to the eye.....almost.

I would imagine that Messers Alcock , Brown and Lindbergh were kicking themselves 

Indeed, you'd think those pioneering yet masochistic mile consuming 'messers of the air' would have been especially keen on getting the situation under control, early in the proceedings....what with there not being many service stations on the way.

A few more 'comforts for the troops' however, I think we're now somewhere near the limit of credibility (my mistake, we overtook that when we opened the box) not to mention room. Latest add-ons include a free-standing floor lamp with custom shade, made from the spare loose skin surrounding Baldrick's skull, two boxes of turnips that will have to pass for in-flight cuisine on this man's airline, a 'guzunder' or po for the driver and a spitoon as requested by young CC. Not sure yet where the donkey will be sitting but I'm guessing Baldrick will probably give up his seat for him. The portrait of has now been rehung in the throne room, beside the Thomas Twyford twin-turbo bio-organic rapid redistribution and evacuation device along with an RCA-Westinghouse radio set and G&T Monarch Senior gramophone player, complete with an old '78 of Al Jolson singing 'April Showers' and that 1921 classic 'Moon going Down' by Patton/Charley, used mainly to soothe the nerves and/or as 'sound camouflage' for the worst of the after effects of the Turnip Surprise.

AGD-2830.jpg

AGD-2831.jpg

AGD-2825.jpg

AGD-2827.jpg

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 4
  • Haha 15

Very tasteful General. I see you have gone for seat straps; I have been wondering if padlocks and chains might be more in order for the passengers?

Curious of Mars 👽

• Haha 7

51 minutes ago, Martian said:

Very tasteful General. I see you have gone for seat straps; I have been wondering if padlocks and chains might be more in order for the passengers?

Curious of Mars 👽

I am thinking, more along the lines, of a Strait Jacket or two ,just for some in-flight entertainment

610FdN8XuHL._AC_UL320_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Brandy said:

Not much headroom in the bog area. I can't say I've ever tried to take a dump bent double but it doesn't sound like a pleasant experience!

Ian

Its hard to see but there is a little sign at eye level while sitting with an arrow pointing down wanting you to follow it. and the notice..... "You are now reliving yourself at a 45 degree angle"

• Haha 7

Erm, excuse this interjection. I can see seating for a Pilot, a Pianist and a desperate person, but just one (1) Passenger seat. 

Methinks that the commercial side may not quite be self financing. 

OH, and how exactly does said Pilot see where he's going? Or, will blind faith be enough?

• Haha 6

Not much headroom in the bog area. I can't say I've ever tried to take a dump bent double but it doesn't sound like a pleasant experience!

This is the price of progress Ian, the early pioneering spirit and a large dollop of mindless optimism usually saw us through. The Twyford maxi-bowl was larger than the average bog pan and required the operator to drop his/her derriere into the fully inclined position...mind you you had to be quick once the bi-turbo flush was pulled! grab handles were mandatory.

Erm, excuse this interjection. I can see seating for a Pilot, a Pianist and a desperate person, but just one (1) Passenger seat. 

Methinks that the commercial side may not quite be self financing. 

This was bespoke luxury travel for the few (ie one), usually an appointed member of the army High Command, say, a general with a dicky heart and a wooden bladder, plus of course, a Baldrick, used to serve 'Turnip Surprise' and be on hand to turn the pages of my/a copy of 'King & Country' while we danced and frolicked amongst the cumulonimbus...besides there are always the four wings if you need to increase the passenger roster..:pilot:

OH, and how exactly does said Pilot see where he's going? Or, will blind faith be enough?

There's a square window in the lower part of the forward fuselage Pete, (partially covered by masking tape) that was used for 50% forward vision of at least 30ft during take-off and hopefully, landing which also provided a panoramic, first-hand view of your imminent and probable demise. What could possibly go wrong.

• Haha 7