On 24/01/2023 at 10:03, perdu said:

Here is a possibility:

Cheerfully lifted of my google search from, I believe Britannica 

Webcelluloid, the first synthetic plastic material, developed in the 1860s and 1870s from a homogeneous colloidal dispersion of nitrocellulose and …

Seems likely even if as flammable as Baldrick's, well, anything.

Let the madness continue.

Thanks a lot, that might be a possibility!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

If we all club together we could buy one of these for the General next Christmas!

0d1a7c7f0f9fb740e192d3260f510103b2a4f0ea

Are you kidding Pete? I could use one of those myself. To say that I live in a target rich environment would be an understatement. Sign me up.

• Haha 11

14 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Are you kidding Pete? I could use one of those myself. To say that I live in a target rich environment would be an understatement. Sign me up.

Don't let Mrs Martian get her hands on one though!

In other news, I have to apologise for the lack of updates this week. I have started cutting the wood panelling for the cabin but progress has been slow thanks to an MRI scan that left me in a lot of pain. Putting someone with fibromyalgia through a large electro magnet is not to be recommended. "The pain stops as soon as we switch the machine off" says the operator. The heck it does! In the real world it meant two whole days in bed. Anyway, I'm starting to perk up now and should get a couple of good sessions in over the weekend.

Martian 👽

• Sad 13

Sorry to hear this Martian, hope recovery is well underway.

I’ll also be await a short while as we are down in darkest, deepest Welsh Wales to celebrate my aunt’s centennial birthday bash and, frighteningly I have been left to organise the shindig, which I’m off to now. wish me luck. Keeping this lot under control won’t be easy…Baldrick, fetch me the blurglecruncheon….

Melchie

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sorry to hear of your not so pleasant encounter with the MRI scanner @Martian. Wishing you a speedy feeling better. 

On 1/25/2023 at 7:21 PM, general melchett said:

An oval framed portrait of the late soon/almost to be, Lady Georgina Melchett will take pride of place above the pilot.

Impressive furnishings there General, but I'm not quite sure how best to put this. .......

Upon close inspection of that painting, I fear it could be a fake. Looking very closely, you can see the tell tale strokes of the infamous Otto Von Fookinfake. He was left handed you see, and the brush strokes clearly show that. I could be wrong, but I think you should get it evaluated professionally........

Terry

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

He needs to get several things looked at professionally. But BUPA sent back his application form..

I think the issue was that he addressed the application form to BUPA rather than BURPA.

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

Have some rest Dear Martian, Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery !!

Best wishes for you too Herr General.... Having all this Melchettry behaving is surely a titanesque job....

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I felt much better yesterday and managed to get a good long stint in at the bench. The main objective was to get the wood veneer cut out and shaped the the Elizabethan style panelling. This was somewhat hairy as the stuff is almost paper thin and since the local craft shop that I used to get the stuff from closed down, I don't have a lot of the stuff left. As Captain Slackbladder would have put it, "I couldn't afford to be at hone to Mr Cockup"! It doesn't look much but it accounted for a good three hours of my day. I was thankful that my Father taught me how to do marquetry when I was a small Martian. I could have gone for a paint effect but I am of the opinion that. for a wood finish, nothing looks as good as real wood. The panels are not glued in place and some have slipped down in the pictures. Sorry about that.

024.jpg

022.jpg

022.jpg

I was about to knock off for the day when I suddenly realised that the fuel tank had no bottom to it. I therefore sat back down and scratch built something that at least looks workable. While I was measuring up for the fuel tank it occurred to me that the shaft that held the rotary engine and carburettor must have protruded into the cabin. some stretched sprue and Albion Alloys action soon saw that taken care of.

023.jpg

This is all a bit too sensible thus far so here is the latest news on the proposed diorama. Speckled Jim, anxious to help Melchie fulfill his Mile High Club ambition informs me that he has secured the services of a very special guest star to assist with this. He claims however, that he is not yet at liberty to disclose the  identity of this individual. We wait with baited breath!

Last night I commissioned a pair of General Melchett and Baldrick figures and I suspect that there may be some other special guest stars finding their way into the diorama in due course. I have already set the evil part of my brain to thinking of suitable candidates. :evil_laugh:

Thanks for looking.

Martian the Maniacal 👽 

• Like 10
  • Haha 5

So, you had wood but no bottom? Baited breath indeed! But, if you're feeling better, then all is well with the world. (Until a certain Military type turns up anyway).

Looking good in there. Very Arboreal. I've got some Creosote in the shed if you need the smallest room waterproofing. (There could be turbulence!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Martian said:

Speckled Jim, anxious to help Melchie fulfill his Mile High Club ambition informs me that he has secured the services of a very special guest star to assist with this. He claims however, that he is not yet at liberty to disclose the  identity of this individual. We wait with baited breath!

Rumor has it that this is the lucky lady:

52656345496_6b5217c397_o.jpg 

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, billn53 said:

Rumor has it that this is the lucky lady:

52656345496_6b5217c397_o.jpg 

Can't be. Speckled Jim said that although the star was rather expensive, well ten shillings and sixpence, to secure, they had signed up without coercion.

Martian 👽 

• Haha 5

A lovely wood panelled interior, Henry Tudor himself would have been happy to have feasted there.  Hhmmmmm....oh the possibilities! :)

Glad you're feeling a bit better and could spend time at the bench.

Richie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Martian said:

We wait with baited breath!

I wonder what bait you would have to use to capture that one?

Whoever she might be, I know nothing of any ladies in feathers and finery.

Way above my pay grade.

;) 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, perdu said:

I wonder what bait you would have to use to capture that one?

Nothing really, she would naturally find my alien magnetism irresistible and with my many tentacles all over her, she would not know what had hit her! Something like this I would imagine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owueFHTFN8Y

Sexpot of Mars 👽

• Haha 7