3 hours ago, europapete said:

You could issue the passangers automatic parachutes. You know, the type that open on impact. 

( I believe Wiley Cayote buys them from Acme)

And the reserve chute has a label on it that says "If this parachute fails to open for any reason, Please return to the manufacturer for a cheerful full and complete refund".

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Hey, besides all the fun you have here, has anybody an idea what the windows of this aircraft were made of? They are really big, and I cannot imagine they were made of glass! But perspex was not yet invented.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, waldzar said:

Hey, besides all the fun you have here, has anybody an idea what the windows of this aircraft were made of? They are really big, and I cannot imagine they were made of glass! But perspex was not yet invented.

Here is a possibility:

Cheerfully lifted of my google search from, I believe Britannica 

Webcelluloid, the first synthetic plastic material, developed in the 1860s and 1870s from a homogeneous colloidal dispersion of nitrocellulose and …

Seems likely even if as flammable as Baldrick's, well, anything.

Let the madness continue.

• Haha 7

22 hours ago, general melchett said:

Sadly, 4K tellies and Apple iPhones hadn't made an appearance yet and neither had electric power showers......but at least you could listen to the latest ditties on the latest horn gramophone.

Sadly Schauberger's Repulsine vortex engine was still a way off but had it been available it would have made quite a difference to the flight characteristics of the Air Sedan...ie, it would have instantly rearranged the molecular structure of the beast and happily converted it into it's basic atomic components...along with any hapless occupants. No, no, we need something altogether less intrusive and down to earth, how about this...

Gawd help us.....

Just mind the poor soul that sit on the toilet when one try to take off with it.....

Yuk yuk yuk....

Laughing CC

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, perdu said:

Here is a possibility:

Cheerfully lifted of my google search from, I believe Britannica 

Webcelluloid, the first synthetic plastic material, developed in the 1860s and 1870s from a homogeneous colloidal dispersion of nitrocellulose and …

Seems likely even if a flammable as Baldrick's, well, anything.

Let the madness continue.

Please do not use on WC door😈

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Just mind the poor soul that sit on the toilet when one try to take off with it.....

Yuk yuk yuk....

Laughing CC

Wibble Factor eight! :clap2:

2 hours ago, RAF4EVER said:

Please do not use on WC door😈

Now there's a thought and I haven't decided on what to do about the door yet! :evil_laugh: Have you still not learned not to flag up daft ideas to either the General or the Martian; and certainly not both at the same time?

Martian 👽

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

It was on the tip of my tongue. (Not recommended by Doctors).

I dunno Pete, maybe not recommended by ALL doctors.

Didn't Melchie have a rather disreputable specimen in his family cupboard?

Finger, can't put mine on it and considering its one of Melchie's lot, probably best not.

• Haha 6

39 minutes ago, RAF4EVER said:

Probably tastes better than Skydrol

OM15 was bad enough for me!

We're talking hydraulic fluids here folks. OM15 was your standard red stuff but Skydrol was reserved for more exotic types. 

From memory, Concorde, VC10 and others. It wasn't as 'benign as OM15 though. I think 'nasty to Humans and other objects' sums it up.

And now back to our regular lunacy modelling.

• Haha 7

46 minutes ago, europapete said:

was that the stuff that would dissolve living flesh over a relatively short time?

Whereas the benign stuff just gave you skin cancer.

No, no, no, the stuff you are talking about is belgian strong beer... Aka, Rocket fuel, Aka Hydrazin Hydrate and so on...:evil_laugh:

One can find some specimens of that said product in SMW....

Smuggled in a big black bin bag....:bandit:

Generally, You'll find a certain Martian of this parrish and a CC:cheers::drink:

Obviously, some other usual suspects are hanging around too.... :rofl2::rofl2:

Some of them are here too, on this thread.... 

They surely will recognize themselves....

CC

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

OM15 was bad enough for me!

We're talking hydraulic fluids here folks. OM15 was your standard red stuff but Skydrol was reserved for more exotic types. 

From memory, Concorde, VC10 and others. It wasn't as 'benign as OM15 though. I think 'nasty to Humans and other objects' sums it up.

And now back to our regular lunacy modelling.

Pete ??:rofl2:

Seriously ??:rofl2::rofl2:

Have you ever tasted the Lockheed Vodka ??:rofl2:

.4 based vodka, produced by russians tankers.....:evil_laugh:

Note, I must confess that i just smelled it, did'nt try to taste it...

Seemingly, it dissolve your shoes when you take a leak....:S:S

Careful CC

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

The named a movie after this combined build...... The Year Of Living Dangerously

Well...

Let's say that this pic say it all.....

Feaw gawd and dwead nauwt'n

rabbit

we've got pigeons, goats, stork and puffins

The wabbit wewe sowely missed....

I must stop the Pythons....

CC

• Haha 9

Didn't Melchie have a rather disreputable specimen in his family cupboard?

Finger, can't put mine on it and considering its one of Melchie's lot, probably best not.

Ah, now that would be great aunt Lettice, a colourful Welsh character from the wrong side of Ysbyty Ystwyth...plenty of folks tried to put their finger on her back in the day but not many survived to tell the tale. It's as well you don't try Bill , you'll never be the same again (assuming you were the same to start with)...

Seriously ??

Have you ever tasted the Lockheed Vodka ??

.4 based vodka, produced by russians tankers.....

Note, I must confess that i just smelled it, did'nt try to taste it...

Seemingly, it dissolve your shoes when you take a leak...

CC, no, no it's the air-conditioning coolant mix of 60% distilled water and 40% methanol carried by the Tu-22 that you need.....it wasn't called the Blinder for nothing. Never tried it myself but apparently it can give you wings (permanent kind). 

• Haha 9

Well we all know its difficult to get on the wrong side of Ysbyty Ystwyth, so if its all the same to your your generalship  perhaps we should let her slide back into relative invisibility...

But of course with the Melchett dynarsty relative invisibility is a terminological inexactitude since she herself was often seen wandering lonely as a flock of blooming sheepseses in the hills above Strata Florida.

Any road up, nuff said.  ;) 

• Haha 7

Just popped along to see what all the fuss is about. I see now, some people have lost their marbles 😂

Hope that piano is fixed down, I got told off for fitting a luggage rack in my microlight without the proper paperwork!

• Haha 7

But of course with the Melchett dynarsty relative invisibility is a terminological inexactitude since she herself was often seen wandering lonely as a flock of blooming sheepseses in the hills above Strata Florida.

Couldn't have put it better myself Bill....well I could, but they'd have to get me out of my straightjacket first.

Hope that piano is fixed down, I got told off for fitting a luggage rack in my microlight without the proper paperwork!

Oh yes, we don't want Darling's heart stopping rendition of 'Whoops, Mrs Miggins, You're Sitting On My Artichokes' to be mucked up by a sudden shift in the c of g due to sudden gusts of Baldrick induced turbulence...

Almost done with the interior decor...have to draw the wavy line somewhere as we're running out of room. As it is I've had to cut the seating arrangement to a single art deco Green Leather Club armchair (although provision may be made for a few fold-aways for extra small/lightweight passengers).  The new Victorian latrine has now been added which unfortunately reduces the headroom in the powder room quite considerably...still, with careful manoeuvring and a good tactical plan access can still be enjoyed by all but the loftiest combatant...An oval framed portrait of the late soon/almost to be, Lady Georgina Melchett will take pride of place above the pilot. A lamp stand and curtains will be next.

AGD-2806-002.jpg

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 9
  • Haha 5

Definitely looking ace my dear General...

But the spitoon, where's the spitoon ??

Chewing tobacco in playing jazz is a "must be"....

How could you possibly forgot that ??

The framed portrait is a real stunner !!

Congratulations !!

Stunned CC !!

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

@perdu has certainly had too much Mexican garlic again. I mean, there's a court order and everything.

Do you mean Mezscal ??:cheers:

I manage to get the caterpilar most of the time ...:rofl2:

Caramba !!

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, general melchett said:

I’ll do my best CC…might have to make do with an aircraft grade aluminium bedpan but that’s OK, I’m all for dual purpose  efficiency…….

Now that would be the most efficient piece of equipment on the whole airplane. "hurry up.... Spit .. or get off the pot!"

• Haha 7