2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

What ??

The Blackburn Blackburn look better than the Hawker Hunter.....

Tssssss.....

CC

Indeed, the Blackburn Blackburn is more attractive than the Hunter. A design of Rear Admiral Horatio Hornblower Hogmanay Melchett ,I believe.

Martian 👽

• Haha 8

18 minutes ago, newvall said:

Excellent.

Not sure the piano stays tuned, nor the plane able to taking off!

Toilet seems a bit much modern, I not sure it's the correct version!

:goodjob:

Alain

The strange thing Alain, is that it did take off, quite well in fact. It is described as rising rapidly to 100 feet. It was the coming down that seems to have been the problem.

Martian 👽

• Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Martian said:

The strange thing Alain, is that it did take off, quite well in fact. It is described as rising rapidly to 100 feet. It was the coming down that seems to have been the problem.

Martian 👽

No Gravity assist?😁

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

No problem CC, virtually nothing is impossible with 3D printing....I'll rephrase that, before you get any ideas that'll land you in the Naughty Corner again..... virtually nothing.

Makes sense. This is a Virtual site after all.

• Haha 4

Amidst all the wibble and insanity there is some very clever modelling going on. Best slow down a bit we are only on page and still no mention of a vegetable that has grown into a rude and amusing shape. I feel sure the magic of 3d printing can produce such a thing...🤔

Richie

• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Amidst all the wibble and insanity there is some very clever modelling going on. Best slow down a bit we are only on page and still no mention of a vegetable that has grown into a rude and amusing shape. I feel sure the magic of 3d printing can produce such a thing...🤔

Richie

Carrots,Parsnips. Marrows or Cucumbers?

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Martian said:

This is what happens when you don't pay attention. Take minus ten wibble points for being late!

It shan't happen again, old Martian fellow, at least until it does! I think the door to the loo is a good idea; it keeps the odour in its place. I'm speaking of course of keeping the pungent smell* of the other passengers from bothering the poor soul in the WC.

Best Regards,

Jason

*An unholy mixture of bad cologne, bad perfume, bad hygiene, cabbage, and Bell's Whisky**.

**Och, which is nae even a single malt, but a blend!

• Haha 7

On 22/01/2023 at 10:52, RAF4EVER said:

Carrots,Parsnips. Marrows or Cucumbers?

Well, cucumbers have a head start as they're rather rudely shaped to begin with.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

the choice to add Madame Robert, or Molly blackbottom, it's up to you.

Surely it should be our favourite Yorkshire couple, Willie Eckerslike and Betty Swollocks?

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

Surely it should be our favourite Yorkshire couple, Willie Eckerslike and Betty Swollocks?

Nine wibble points!

1 hour ago, RichieW said:

Richie

If Baldrick is involved, it will probably be a thingy shaped turnip. No need to involve 3D printing, we have the weekly shop to do tomorrow; I'll see what the vegetable section in Tesco's has to offer.

Helpful of Mars 👽

• Haha 9

Toilet seems a bit much modern, I not sure it's the correct version!

I think you could be right Alain, a replacement  and more appropriate Georgian Khazi is being printed as I type these words....along with some candelabras, a bearskin rug, some picture frames and a piano stool.

If Baldrick is involved, it will probably be a thingy shaped turnip.

He is and it will be....enough said. If this aerial charabanc was close to the weight limit during its maiden voyage without passengers then I fear we could be pushing things slightly with all this extra paraphernalia we/I keep adding.....maybe another La Rhone at the back?

• Like 5

But surely, old spleen, there's still enough room for at least a small tap dispensing bitters to the passengers. With all this 'paraphernalia', as you say, I don't know where they're going to sit, but with enough bitters in them they can just sort of lay where they pass out. I say but this aerial velocipede is turning into just the sort or aeronautical conveyance I'd love to fly in! With all the pleasures of home.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional pearls of wisdom added, at no charge.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

You could mount the extra LeRhone vertically, with a larger prop. Might help get this off the ground. 

Jason,  you could store the beer barrels in the back of the piano, might save a bit of space, and have the pumps mounted on the top lid. 

Edited by europapete
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

38 minutes ago, europapete said:

That would work too!

Personally, I would strip out the Le Rhone and pop in a small Haunebu power plant. Should be good for about 100.000 knots. Problem solved methinks. Oi! Melchett! I didn't mean the engine in my Haunebu! Put it back at once or preferably even sooner. :fight:

Miffed of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, billn53 said:

I’d say, attach a large hot air balloon for much needed lifting power. Or even better, hang it under a zeppelin (our beloved Martian has vast and recent experience with those).

Caramba Bill !!

You beat me on this one... :rofl2::rofl2:

Now, our distinguished Alien will be tempted to create a Zeppelin Nacelle (Scratchbuild one of course)

Scale is up to you Martian !!

A nacelle with all the luxuries (pun intended) of the 1930's Berlin way to have parties....

Or maybe a German air Sedan of some sort....

Brain is about to boil up.... Come on Martian, I'm ready to help with some great ideas....

Mmmmmh where did I found a figure of Leni Riefensthal in her "working" suit ???

CC full of Grotze ideas....:smirk::smirk::smirk:

And on his way to the nasty corner with the usual suspects....:bandit:

• Haha 7

this aerial velocipede is turning into just the sort or aeronautical conveyance I'd love to fly in! With all the pleasures of home.

Sadly, 4K tellies and Apple iPhones hadn't made an appearance yet and neither had electric power showers......but at least you could listen to the latest ditties on the latest horn gramophone.

Personally, I would strip out the Le Rhone and pop in a small Haunebu power plant. Should be good for about 100.000 knots. Problem solved methinks. Oi! Melchett! I didn't mean the engine in my Haunebu! Put it back at once or preferably even sooner. 

Sadly Schauberger's Repulsine vortex engine was still a way off but had it been available it would have made quite a difference to the flight characteristics of the Air Sedan...ie, it would have instantly rearranged the molecular structure of the beast and happily converted it into it's basic atomic components...along with any hapless occupants. No, no, we need something altogether less intrusive and down to earth, how about this...

Brain is about to boil up.... Come on Martian, I'm ready to help with some great ideas....

Gawd help us.....

• Haha 11

I was going to say, that if this thing gets hung under a Zellapin (What is a Zellapin, My Captain?) you'd have to move to the Sci fi section.

Then you could enter it as a drop ship. That's probably about the only aeronautical result you could hope for, given the weight v wing loading on it.

On the bright side, the passengers might even manage half a chorus of Come all ye faithful before impact.

(Look, Ma, no toilet humour!) Pete, flushed with success.

• Haha 12

6 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

(Look, Ma, no toilet humour!) Pete, flushed with success.

Fret ye not; there is plenty more of that to come. After all, I have to get my monies' worth out of the Armitage Shanks I splashed out on. I said splashed OUT on not splashed on!

Martian 👽

• Haha 3