2 hours ago, europapete said:

Is there still room inside for a rocking horse?

I think we are struggling with either build.

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Probably not. I hear the goat prefers country and western.

Groan! Minus three Wibble Points.

Martian 👽

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Actually when the Melchetts of Smackover  had the yearly family reunion and could get  32 of them in one room together without some form of pugilistic shenanigans occurring(mostly from the womenfolk) they reputably had a FULL set of teeth

Ha, when the Smackheads got together in one room they were usually too far gone on homemade Sheepdip bong juice for any shenanigans to take place. One year, the family don, old one-eyed, two toed, six fingered Baphomet Ezekiel Zebulon Melchett tried to arrange a wedding that would have inevitably ended badly but for the sheep making good its escape by swimming ashore before any serious damage could be done.......it's still in therapy.

Meanwhile in a galaxy far, far away a bit more styrene murdering has been committed.

The skip has now been framed and the ceiling lights and seat supports added, (the white backing paper is to protect the glazing during all this mayhem.

AGD-2774.jpg

AGD-2775.jpg

AGD-2780.jpg

And more essential in-flight comforts have been printed off including a pair of Adamsez finest (one spare for emergency use) a 1910 Bechstein upright and some more chairs as the original batch were a tad too small (I could barely sit on the thing)...whether there's any room for it all is another matter but we'll cross that chasm when we come to it.

AGD-2781.jpg

:cheers:

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Tiled?

You tiled the ceiling?

A good job the power unit is so, er, wotsit, thingy, ... there on the front eventually.

Loving the upright, takes me back to the old folks at home, does that.

(Candle holders, will there be candle holders?)

Is anyone else concerned with the pipe run for the outside toilet?

• Haha 8

27 minutes ago, perdu said:

Of course Bill !!

Follow on please....:rofl2:

since the Air Sedan will be Greta friendly, the results of toilets use will be recycled as a petroleum ersatz....

Knowing the ancestry of our esteemed General, he surely have some plans inherited from his uncle Kurt Groosewiener Von Melchetter....

Yes, the one that made aircraft gas with potatoes and cabages....

What a great family !!

bof

Last pic of him before he started to trek in Nepal, searching for a certain kind of snow that make beer tasting better.....

Such a genius... Also with teeth issues seemingly....

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 9

Every old folks home should have a Joanna to allow a few crazed inmates to bash away at 'Pack up yer Troubles' or 'Let's all go down the Strand and 'ave a banana' to drown out the mandatory din of Countdown on the telly, being blasted at full volume...

Yes, candelabras will make an appearance at some point...as for the pipe run for the Exobog.......fiendish minds had been at work at the Zerbe factory, remember, this was seriously looked at by the military (for about two minutes before being laughed out of the war office) for use over the trenches. A cunning plan indeed.

Knowing the ancestry of our esteemed General, he surely have some plans inherited from his uncle Kurt Groosewiener Von Melchetter....

Yes, the one that made aircraft gas with potatoes and cabages....

What a great family !!

No need of their services now CC....we have a Baldrick :toilet:

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, perdu said:

Tiled?

You tiled the ceiling?

That's nothing: Mrs Martian suggested that I lay a Roman mosaic on the ladies powder rom floor! I could only reply that if she thought I was going to cut out and colour hundreds of tiny tesserae to do this, she was running at a dangerous Wibble Factor fifty and was madder than all of the other participants on this thread put together and we had better get her bonce tested pronto! Mind you...:hmmm:

I am now awaiting a full period, gravity flushing Armitage Shanks for the powder room.

In the meantime, our Action News Reporter for the Much-Snivelling-in-The-Swap Dung Eaters and Goat Worriers Gazette (aka Speckled Jim) has filed an explanation for the somewhat curious situation of the Sedan having a Ladies' Powder Room and the passengers being expected to poop out of the cabin windows. It transpires that the powder room is reserved for the exclusive use of the General and his "guests". It seems that Melchie has long held the ambition to become a member of the "Mile High Club".  Lady Melchett decreed that there was no way in this world or the next that she was going to get in this contraption to satisfy  the General's disgusting whim. If however, he could tempt anyone into his sanctum, then they were welcome to him and good luck to them.

Some may have been wondering why on earth I have undertaken the insanely onerous task of fitting tiny pieces of wood veneer to the insides of the Sedan. The answer is that the Elizabethan décor is a nod to Lord Thomas Hogmanay Melchett, First Earl of Much-Snivelling-in The-Swamp and Chancellor to Queenie. Sadly, Lord Melchett's period in office was cut short when the Queen had his head snicked off following a disastrous blind date that the Earl had fixed up for her involving Flossie the Sheep, the Baby Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells and the Palace Goat. 

See, this thread delivers on so many levels,  banter, local gossip and history. And all in one place: don't anyone say that they are not getting their monies worth.

Martin the Informative 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Look at what you have done now Dear General....

stork

This could be the grand grand grand grand grand son of Sammy the Stork, general accountant on HMS Ocean...

But having that poor old Speckled Jim on the rudder of this not so flying contraption sparked a bird revolution.....

What are we going to do now ???

Calling Jeremy, James and Hammond ??

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

50 minutes ago, Martian said:

That's nothing: Mrs Martian suggested that I lay a Roman mosaic on the ladies powder rom floor! I could only reply that if she thought I was going to cut out and colour hundreds of tiny tesserae to do this, she was running at a dangerous Wibble Factor fifty and was madder than all of the other participants on this thread put together and we had better get her bonce tested pronto! Mind you...:hmmm:

I am now awaiting a full period, gravity flushing Armitage Shanks for the powder room.

In the meantime, our Action News Reporter for the Much-Snivelling-in-The-Swap Dung Eaters and Goat Worriers Gazette (aka Speckled Jim) has filed an explanation for the somewhat curious situation of the Sedan having a Ladies' Powder Room and the passengers being expected to poop out of the cabin windows. It transpires that the powder room is reserved for the exclusive use of the General and his "guests". It seems that Melchie has long held the ambition to become a member of the "Mile High Club".  Lady Melchett decreed that there was no way in this world or the next that she was going to get in this contraption to satisfy  the General's disgusting whim. If however, he could tempt anyone into his sanctum, then they were welcome to him and good luck to them.

Some may have been wondering why on earth I have undertaken the insanely onerous task of fitting tiny pieces of wood veneer to the insides of the Sedan. The answer is that the Elizabethan décor is a nod to Lord Thomas Hogmanay Melchett, First Earl of Much-Snivelling-in The-Swamp and Chancellor to Queenie. Sadly, Lord Melchett's period in office was cut short when the Queen had his head snicked off following a disastrous blind date that the Earl had fixed up for her involving Flossie the Sheep, the Baby Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells and the Palace Goat. 

See, this thread delivers on so many levels,  banter, local gossip and history. And all in one place: don't anyone say that they are not getting their monies worth.

Martin the Informative 👽

Attention Ladies and Gentlemaen, Attention Wibble factor has now entered into the an area heretofore never experienced or explored   by neither man nor beast, or Baldrick for that matter. You are now in.... The WIBBLE ZONE. That is All.:yahoo:

• Haha 8

14 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Attention Ladies and Gentlemaen, Attention Wibble factor has now entered into the an area heretofore never experienced or explored   by neither man nor beast, or Baldrick for that matter. You are now in.... The WIBBLE ZONE. That is All.:yahoo:

Terra incognita....

Ooooh Man, that's so exhilarating !!!

Setson on the head, whip at hand... Ready I am.....

We now both feel a bit like Indiana Jones....

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Let's board the Zerbe and on we go.....

However, it will be safer to take the "Air" Sedan on our shoulders and carrying on that way....

The difference of speed will be negligible....

CC 

• Haha 8

Gentlepersons,

If we can talk about toilets for a moment please?

It has occurred to me that those toilets have close coupled cisterns and therefore might be not of the right vintage*

Should it be a separate cistern mounted higher up the wall, or possibly outside to give the necessary, er, drop?

Also - Would there be a sign exhorting the user to not flush while the Air Taxi is stationary on the airfield?

Back to the wibble

IanJ

* Is this rivet counting, boss level?

• Haha 11

6 minutes ago, Bonhoff said:

I think it is a matter of the greatest importance. Ceiling tiles befitting of a gin palace with flock wallpaper to match. We clearly need to talk about toilets! ;)

Richie

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

To call this thread gloriously unhinged would doubtless be to risk inciting an outbreak of hinges. Never in the field of human decor can so much have been applied to so many parts of an aircraft by so few....

• Haha 11

On 1/10/2023 at 11:04 AM, TheBaron said:

Those are surely alien heiroglyphs, not sensible sprues!

That wing arrangement looks like it should have David Niven sitting on it...

Good luck with this quixotic blend of aeronuaghtiness you two.

'Intoxicated staircase' springs to mind, which epithet was applied to the Sopwith Triplane I believe.

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

No, it's rivet  counting on a blurglecruncheoning level.

4 hours ago, RAF4EVER said:

il_1140xN.1744267077_knz8.jpg

Now there's a thought!

Martian 👽

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

To call this thread gloriously unhinged would doubtless be to risk inciting an outbreak of hinges. Never in the field of human decor can so much have been applied to so many parts of an aircraft by so few....

Well said... Give this man a Harumph!

• Haha 8

8 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Well said... Give this man a Harumph!

Duly awarded and possibly a beah from the General?

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, RAF4EVER said:

Where will the Sacristy/Vestry be installed?

No need for it, last sacraments are delivered before boarding that thing....

by this gentleman....

We are saved...

Amen....

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

22 hours ago, RichieW said:

I think it is a matter of the greatest importance. Ceiling tiles befitting of a gin palace with flock wallpaper to match. 

Richie

Or the finest of half price French Bordellos'

1 hour ago, RAF4EVER said:

Where will the Sacristy/Vestry be installed?

Up on the upper wing. Where else better to hear the words "Oh My God, Deliver  Us!

• Haha 8