The winch was fitted on the front so that it could be towed as a target, not for it tow one. However that issue was resolved as it self destructed before it achieved flight anyway, so saving the cost of both fuel and ammunition. 

Does that make it a successful target?

Ian

• Haha 9

10 hours ago, TempestV said:

You two are incorrigible!

I trust that the windows will be adorned with fully working venetian blinds, in honour of the ridiculous eye-catching wing arrangement? 

Martian blinds surely?

IanJ

• Haha 8

About time I got on with the blasted thing. This morning, postie braved the ice field, land mines and barbed wire fencing to lob yet another parcel into the mosh pit at the portico of Melchett Towers. In this small packet were the self-adhesive wall and floor coverings for the fanciful interior of this bizarre contraption. These are designed for small dolls houses and wartime house dioramas.

Here are the offending articles, ready for hanging and hammering to the floor.

AGD-2769.jpg

I rather fancy the natty Victorian floral style resplendent in local gin palaces local to MT in the early twenties (and pretty much unchanged to this day...apparently) Must say they are of excellent quality, thin and easily shaped to fit. Saves a lot of time too...

AGD-2770.jpg

And here they are pasted to the walls and floors. The rear steerage/latrine area has its own lesser but nonetheless distinct style, complete with stains of unknown origin, distemper and an unhealthy amount of 'Scheele's green', an arsenic-based pigment favoured by the Victorians, specially hung for Baldricks benefit.

AGD-2771.jpg

AGD-2773.jpg

Next up, after fitting the windows, the wooden ribs and roof frames will be added. The seats will be suitably painted, glued to the supports and nailed to the hardwood  floor. Then it's time to decide on the curtain design....over to the Memsahib who knows much more on these matters....I've got a sneaking suspicion this build might take a tad longer than first anticipated.

Hope you approve.

:cheers:

• Like 7
  • Haha 10

General that has to be the Gawdiest wall paperage and decopage this side of LIberace's late Las Vegas Homestead. In otherwords... It's pabsolutly absotivly Perfect! Can't wait to see the window dressage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

General that has to be the Gawdiest wall paperage and decopage this side of LIberace's late Las Vegas Homestead.

Why thank you sir, exactly the reaction I was going for, naturally the curtains must jar unnervingly with the wallpaper and floor covering etc, nothing can be cohesive otherwise the looks may be compromised. Right, I'm off to bag an Elsan...

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Looking splendid with the wallpaper. I can't help but wonder if there is room for a chandelier and possibly an upright piano. 😀

Richie

I was thinking an oriental rug would be nice.

• Haha 5

Nice interior decoration Melchie. Following consultation with the Martian Towers' interior decoration department (aka Mrs Martian) I think I will be going for an Elizabethan wood panelled effect. I think I have enough veneer left.

In other news: The Goat Has Landed! The Goat Has Entered The Building! The Goat has Made It To The Martian Cave!

The Eduard Le Rhone has just arrived and I will let you know whether it fits the kit in an update later today, Mrs Martian says she has some chores for me and seeing as how they involve organising my stash so she can find what I want when she goes into the attic, I think I had better co-operate for once.

Hen Pecked of Mars 👽

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, LorenSharp said:

Must have velvet curtains. with gold lame' fringe. or the fuzzy little balls to trim the windows. and don't forget the macrame

Wibble Factor Eight! 

Wibble Counter of Mars 👽

• Haha 2

I'm sure I've seen those two ladies live @Martian, performing with the Langton Matravers Temperance Seven at our summer fete last year 🥳

Great choice of wallpaper @general melchett. Looking forward to seeing if you can match the style when it comes to the fixtures and fittings?

Terry

• Haha 2

can't help but wonder if there is room for a chandelier and possibly an upright piano. 

I was thinking an oriental rug would be nice.

Ladies Powder room?

Well you'll be pleased to know that most of these accoutrements have been taken care of in the first fevered blast of 3D printing however I think the upright might be a bridge too far. Second batch will soon be underway so you've been warned.

Must have velvet curtains. with gold lame' fringe. or the fuzzy little balls to trim the windows. and don't forget the macrame

I like the cut of yer cloth my man...exactly the Mems reaction when showing her a fascinating article on 'highly disturbing Victorian window fashions and their use in Her Majs' most popular insane asylums' found in a well worn copy of King & Country, September 1897. ....macramé is a given.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, RAF4EVER said:

Also a Chaise Longue 😈

At least you got the name right!

For some weird reason Yanks call it a Chaise lounge. I guess their spelling of French words is on a par with their spelling of English words!

I'm assuming the wallpaper is proper flock wallpaper, none of your cheap modern rubbish!

Ian

• Haha 7

25 minutes ago, billn53 said:

More likely a cow-hide rug (it was Arkansas, after all).

Pay attention at the back! :poke:We have already established, after lengthy and costly research, that Arkansas was a complete red herring and that flights were undertaken from the Lower Field/Swamp at Melchett Towers.

Wibble Factor, minus ten!

4 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

I'm sure I've seen those two ladies live @Martian, performing with the Langton Matravers Temperance Seven at our summer fete last year 🥳

Says the man who, not content with living just nine paces from the local pub, put a gate in his garden wall to shorten the journey! He'll want a trip there in an Air Sedan next, or a ride on the regimental goat.🐐

4 hours ago, RAF4EVER said:

Ladies Powder room?

Working on it,

Martian 👽

PS: The Eduard Le Rhone can be made to fit the kit with a small adjustment to the engine firewall. Watch this space.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Martian said:

Pay attention at the back! :poke:We have already established, after lengthy and costly research, that Arkansas was a complete red herring and that flights were undertaken from the Lower Field/Swamp at Melchett Towers.

Wibble Factor, minus ten!

Gotta keep up the Arkansas “cover story”, tho!

• Haha 6

52 minutes ago, Martian said:

Actually Martian there is a tale told by some loose mouth folk down  Arkansas way that it was a very distant relative , a Cledus Zebadiah Cornpone Melchett, 4th cousin of his 2nd Uncle twice removed on The Generals  Grans side that heard about the exploits at Melchett Towers and thought he could up his British cousins and make a copy ,but alas not only didnt fly, the engine wouldn't start and the poor Cledus was forced to tow the plane around the bottom with his pair of old broken down mules making air plane noises while his brother Billy Joe Jim Bob turned the prop from the inside to as to con make the local populus think he was an engineering genius. But that tale and a couple of pence wouldn't get you a good cup of kick-a-poo joy juice. That might have been what @billn53 was referencing.

• Haha 9