7 hours ago, Peter2 said:

I like the message on the kit's box which says 'Only 500 pieces'. I hope that wasn't a result of the aircraft's 'heavy landing'.

That's good for a Jigsaw, bad for a model kit...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RichieW said:

Utterly bonkers, I shall follow this, possibly into madness! :)

Richie

You were clearly mad to join a Melchett/Martian run thread in the first place!

9 hours ago, Jonners said:

I foresee some eccentricity looming.

What with the General and I running the show? Surely not!

9 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

This is amazing, I must get one............. no.no. no!

Go on, you know you want to. Go on, go on, go on. (In best Mrs Doyle voice.)

12 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

definitely the goat is mandatory....

Now a Puffin used as a pitot tube and yaw control will complete the whole picture....

I can(t miss this thread...

Is there any room left for me ??

Buddy build with the ETI and the General.....

I was waiting for that for so long.....

Fire at will Gents !!

Sincerely.

CC

As this is a dedicated bonkers buddy build, a place was reserved for you from the start! 

(Wibble Factor 9)

13 hours ago, billn53 said:

Goat. You must have a goat.

(It was Arkansas, after all)

A goat has been ordered and should be winging its way to Martian Towers as I type these words.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I almost forgot some actual Sedan worrying took place yesterday. Nothing too exciting but I thought I ought to get the basic fuselage parts sorted out first. Fit of the parts isn't the greatest I have come across, resulting in a fair bit if Miliput action. I started to rub this down when I got up this morning but I think the putty needs a bit longer to set, most likely as a result of my use of saliva to smooth it into place. Why saliva I hear you ask? The answer is that although it tastes disgusting (Lets have a strawberry flavour Miliput), saliva seems to work better than water.

005.jpg

006.jpg

One thing that has struck me is that he windows look much lager than I had expected. This is good as it will allow the work that will be going into the interior to show up well.

Thanks for looking.

Martian von Gone To Get The Taste Of Putty out Of His Mouth 👽

• Like 13

11 hours ago, general melchett said:

Yes, the regimental Billy will make an appearance, whether as a mascot or a food source has yet to be determined. 

CC, buckle up, break out a few bottles of T-Stoff and give yourself a good towelling down. Of course there’s room for you, I have the Enigma decoder to hand and Bletchley Park on the hot line…what can go wrong. Nice idea with the puffin skewered onto a pitot but I think we may have trouble with the humane society with that one. I was thinking along the lines of Speckled Jim, atop the tail fin, wearing a pith helmet and towing a large rather battered Union flag.

(Poor Will, he always gets it in the neck).

Great idea Mon General 

Speckled Jim atop the what ?? Did'nt see any tail fin on this contraption....

Are you going to add one ??

If you agree for a tail fin I propose a V shaped one...

Kinda like the Bonanza or the magister !!

Speckled jim with a battered union Jack or a White Ensign....

The way of Iron Maiden did it !!

What a glorious sight.....

In the best traditions of the light brigade....

Capture

Up to you now General Cardigan of Melchett :rofl2:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Martian said:

I almost forgot some actual Sedan worrying took place yesterday. Nothing too exciting but I thought I ought to get the basic fuselage parts sorted out first. Fit of the parts isn't the greatest I have come across, resulting in a fair bit if Miliput action. I started to rub this down when I got up this morning but I think the putty needs a bit longer to set, most likely as a result of my use of saliva to smooth it into place. Why saliva I hear you ask? The answer is that although it tastes disgusting (Lets have a strawberry flavour Miliput), saliva seems to work better than water.

005.jpg

006.jpg

One thing that has struck me is that he windows look much lager than I had expected. This is good as it will allow the work that will be going into the interior to show up well.

Thanks for looking.

Martian von Gone To Get The Taste Of Putty out Of His Mouth 👽

strawberry putty ??

:smirk::smirk:

I would rather prefer a Navy Rum flavoured one...

Or ask @perdu about a good highland scotch flavoured putty...

But strawberries ?? That's just good enough for the Beatles....

What's going on in Martian's towers ??

I thank you for the seat at the bar, can't promise that I'll behave but....

Oh... Of course you know !! :bandit:

Nice job on the "cabin" for the while, it will please our dutch friends...

Just miss 2 wheels and a towing bar.... Huh and a lot of stickers on the back...

Reading, Rimini beach, Torremolinos and Zwannepoel camping....

Okay.... I take my coat....:coat:

See you later Dear tentacled one....

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, general melchett said:

I was thinking along the lines of Speckled Jim, atop the tail fin,

That's good news, I am relieved to hear Captain Blackadder did not shoot and eat this delicious, plump breasted bird! 

Ooh, modelling! Some modelling has taken place, I'd forgotten there was to be modelling! :)

Richie

• Haha 4

While Martian surges ahead, wrestling with the short-runness of it all and dribbling all over his Milliput, (God knows what goes on at Martian Towers, though having stayed there a while I think I have a pretty shrewd idea) I have only got as far as opening the box, removing the fuselage and wing sections and giving them a damn good rubbing down with various grades of Micromesh cloth and Infini-Model sanding sticks. The styrene strip for the interior structure, wood beams/frames etc will be worked out a bit later today. Progress might be a bit slow as I have a number of other projects to wrap up this week but fear not.....aggressive styrene fettling will take place very soon.

52621059828_5a50ca99f4_w.jpg

Speckled Jim atop the what ?? Did'nt see any tail fin on this contration....

Are you going to add one ??

If you agree for a tail fin I propose a V shaped one...

I like the cut of your jib CC...Eddie carrying a blood stained rapier and battered Union flag conjures up a pretty picture...

And yes, it does have a tail fin, in photos of the real thing it's hidden by the multitude of wing planks....

AGD-2726-002.jpg

• Like 9

Its worth pondering that it was only some 66 years between the Wright Brothers first Flight 1903 and the first Moon Landing 1969

How on earth did we get there so quickly when inventing these types and getting distracted by lunatics ??? ( the Zerbe made one flight in 1921 )

If we had ignored the silly and preposterous we could have landed at Tranquility base in about ooooh i dunno 1925 ?

Just sayin 

Best wishes to you and your tentacles may you spread more stuff that sticks to us all in 2023

Huzzah !!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Oh my, how did I miss this?

If you want a diorama surely the quickest and easiest way would be to just scatter a lot of broken lollipop sticks on a grass base!

Ian

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

Oh my, how did I miss this?

If you want a diorama surely the quickest and easiest way would be to just scatter a lot of broken lollipop sticks on a grass base!

Ian

Ian, are you going to "broke" and scatter these gentle Ladies ???:smirk::smirk:

Seriously ???

Worried CC

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

• Haha 3

On 1/10/2023 at 12:34 AM, Martian said:

Following much deliberation @general melchett and your scribe decided that the bonkers side of Britmodeller was badly in need of spicing up. These thoughts coincided with Avis' 1/48 scale release of the Zerbe Air Sedan:

002.jpg

Clearly, this was a God sent opportunity to bring some extra insanity to these august forums. The eccentricity of the subject lends itself to some interesting interior decorating possibilities as well some "interesting" opportunities for vignettes or dioramas. I have already got some appropriate figures laid by for this build and believe his generalship has been thinking along very similar lines.

It looks like Mrs Martian intends to chip in on the constructive ideas front as she has already suggested that my diorama could be called "Fly Hogmanay Holidays". No doubt the "Usual Suspects" will have their own ideas: all suggestions, the sillier the better, being welcome.

In what will most likely be the last sensible contribution to this thread, here are the sprue shots:

003.jpg

Both the General and myself are going to be replacing the kit wheels with a pair of the rather splendid spoked wheels produced by Gaspatch Models.  So, without further ado, over to you good Earthlings. I shall be starting my build tomorrow so as to give @Mike time to run and hide.

Deranged of Mars 👽

PS: Every bonkers post will be marked with a wibble factor.

Extra insanity is just what the world needs in the dark, cold and miserable month that is January in the northern hemisphere.....long may you continue to provide it.

P.S. The higher the 'wibble factor' the better.....occasional actual modelling is OK too, but not too much. Let's keep some sense of proportion about this!

• Haha 8

10 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Page 2 Drift is on....

I behave my dears, I behave... Did'nt I ??

CC

Sort of. It won't last.

Cynical of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Martian said:

Why saliva I hear you ask? The answer is that although it tastes disgusting (Lets have a strawberry flavour Miliput), saliva seems to work better than water.

Do you not know that “lick it into shape” is an expression and not to be taken literally! :P

AW

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, billn53 said:

I will tell the goat that I have employed for my little vignette to keep his anal discharges to himself.

26 minutes ago, psdavidson said:

I was considering one of these kits, but I'll abandon that plan now

Nothing I can do will compare with the tentacular results I expect to see here (assuming chaos is finally averted)

"Assuming chaos is averted"? Maximum chaos is one of the main aims of this build! Please try and pay attention.

Martian 👽

• Haha 8

21 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Ian, are you going to "broke" and scatter these gentle Ladies ???:smirk::smirk:

Seriously ???

Worried CC

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

It's ok CC, the girls are the Chordettes, it's the song that's called lollipop, and having lived in Guyana for a while I can promise you there are quite a few other songs with "lollipop" in the title that are a LOT less socially acceptable!

Ian

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Brandy said:

It's ok CC, the girls are the Chordettes, it's the song that's called lollipop, and having lived in Guyana for a while I can promise you there are quite a few other songs with "lollipop" in the title that are a LOT less socially acceptable!

Ian

Be reassured Ian...

There are a LOT of such song in french too....

I choose the most socially accepted....

Trust me, I might have done far worst....:rofl2::rofl2:

CC

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Martian said:

I will tell the goat that I have employed for my little vignette to keep his anal discharges to himself.

"Assuming chaos is averted"? Maximum chaos is one of the main aims of this build! Please try and pay attention.

Martian 👽

I wonder about using goat farts as a new type of avgas....

We may have find a more "Greta friendly" way to replace petroleum.....

:crap:

CC

• Haha 4

Jokingly... Is there nothing you two will not get up to stay in the limelight?

Hideous as it looks it is also an interesting subject. Early aviation design looked more like powered cabinetry than aircraft design.

New wheels already an then the General tells us the supplied engine could well be incorrect...

I wish you well with this endeavour.

Colin

• Like 1
  • Haha 2