Vietnam HP C-10 Jetstream What If - markings?

alhenderson

Morning All,

I've just started building the Airfix Vintage Classics HP Jetstream which is modelled on the proposed USAF variant, the C-10.  Rather than do the white/grey scheme I'm contemplating something a little more interesting - an SEA camo version as deployed for casevac and/or general transport duties in Vietnam.  The camo is easy enough, standard colours, but I'm wondering about what markings I can use.  I think I need a small full colour star and bar (these seem to be much more common than the outline black ones that I initially thought of).  Based on pictures of TAC C-130s I've seen I'd quite like to have a white tailcode and TAC badge as well.  I'm thinking I could model it as assigned to one of the C-130 units that was in theatre - does anyone know of a list of units and their tailcodes?

Also, does anyone know of a decal sheet with suitably small star and bars and the lettering to make up the tail code - and even a TAC badge?  The Jetstream fin is pretty small so I'm not sure if this bit's going to be possible.  I could also do with some small white numbers to represent the serial..

Thanks for any input!

Al.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

ebay; Airfix 1/72 Douglas Skyraider decals. Usually sold for about £2

That's a good call, although I can't find anything like that on ebay currently 😞 Hate searching ebay, find it really hard to narrow the search down to what I actually want..

Al.