Spitfire PR.IV AA810

On 1/8/2023 at 7:18 PM, bigbadbadge said:

The model was brush painted 

spacer.png

Still shaking my head at this, beautifully finished and the staining/wear effects are spot on 😮

Excellent again, Chris. Looks several scales bigger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yet another great result Chris.  I missed the end of the WIP (will go back and check it out) but very happy to see this upon my return.  A thoroughly fitting tribute to Alastair Mackintosh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, François Escudé said:

very  nice recommend spit  !! Sword allows us to make special models !! 

well done   !! 

cheers  !! 

Thanks François, very kind, they are lovely kits and it's great to see PR variants .

17 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

YES!!!!!!!  I love it Chris. :inlove:

Mike

Thanks Mike, very kind

15 hours ago, Learstang said:

Yes, Chris. My other PR.IV is also the Sword kit. Just have to get the fuselage halves together (everything's done inside), then go from there.

Best Regards,

Jason

Lovely good luck with your build Jason, a quick heads up, I glued the fuselage together and glued a spacer in the top front inside nose allowing the exhausts to be fitted at the end. 

7 hours ago, Doccur said:

What a stunner, I am actually involved in the restoration in a small way, so would love to build my own aa810 in a larger scale! 

Ash

Thanks Ash, very  kind, oh wow, what a great thing tk be part of, imagine a nice 32nd scale kit, that would be great, hood luck with your build.

7 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

Nice, well done.

Alain

Thanks Alain, very kind of you, I an really pleased with it.

7 hours ago, Alan P said:

Still shaking my head at this, beautifully finished and the staining/wear effects are spot on 😮

Excellent again, Chris. Looks several scales bigger.

Thanks Alan, really jind of you to say,  really chuffed how the weathering turned out.

6 hours ago, mark.au said:

Yet another great result Chris.  I missed the end of the WIP (will go back and check it out) but very happy to see this upon my return.  A thoroughly fitting tribute to Alastair Mackintosh.

Thanks Mark, very kind of you too fella and it's lovely to think of it as a sort of tribute, thanks. Hope you had a good trip.

4 hours ago, Quiet Mike said:

Very tidy finish Chris, wonderful result!

Thanks Mike, very kind, there is something very pleasing about a PRU blue Spitfire.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

I've just stumbled across this as I was reading about the restoration, and amassing what information I could find, and what an amazingly good build you have created, I would have put it at least as 1/48 scale. Superb

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't believe I missed this RFI when it first appeared.  So, please accept my belated congrats on making such a fine representation of the recon Spitfire.  And the finish is even more impressive that is was done with hairy sticks.  The photos do reveal the post shading you have done.  Such a nice Spitfire.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spitfire said:

I've just stumbled across this as I was reading about the restoration, and amassing what information I could find, and what an amazingly good build you have created, I would have put it at least as 1/48 scale. Superb

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, that's really kind, it is a lovely little kit. The site is very fascinating too and they are doing a great job re the restoration and education. Looking forward to a 32nd scale one from you then😉:whistle:

1 hour ago, georgeusa said:

I can't believe I missed this RFI when it first appeared.  So, please accept my belated congrats on making such a fine representation of the recon Spitfire.  And the finish is even more impressive that is was done with hairy sticks.  The photos do reveal the post shading you have done.  Such a nice Spitfire.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks George, very kind indeed, such a lovely kit and a joy to paint in PRU blue too, It was an enjoyable build and really pleased with how it turned out.

Thanks guys for your generous comments

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Chris !!

How did I manage to miss this beauty !!

Congrats my friend, definitely a masterpiece !!

And an incentive to finish my PR XI;;;

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hi Chris !!

How did I manage to miss this beauty !!

Congrats my friend, definitely a masterpiece !!

And an incentive to finish my PR XI;;;

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC, very kind fella, a very enjoyable little kit, so good I bought another. Yes you must get the PR.XI done, looking forward to seeing it.

2 hours ago, shortCummins said:

yet another excellent build, paint and weathering even more impressive is that you've managed this at 1:72!

first rate 👍

rgds

John(shortCummins)

Thanks John, very kind too.  Pleased with how it turned out, a great little kit.

Thanks guys

Chris

5 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Ooh, nice to see this bumped back to the top. I'd forgotten just how good this was!

Richie

Thanks Richie, it is great to see it again and it's been very nice of everyone to place their kind comments.

Chris

• Like 1