Model shops in Milan, Stockholm, Brussels and Prague...

spfparker

When I asked about shops in Stockholm a few years ago I got this reply. I actually found this a few streets away from the hotel in which I was staying

"Wentzels Hobby on Gamla Brogatan 23 in Stockholm is definitely worth a visit. It's very centrally located right in the city centre a few blocks from the central station".

There is also Rebell Hobby, I can't remember the address at the moment, but it was an underground train ride and a bit of a walk, but SWMBO and I found it. The shop also only opens at certain times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jabba said:

When I asked about shops in Stockholm a few years ago I got this reply. I actually found this a few streets away from the hotel in which I was staying

"Wentzels Hobby on Gamla Brogatan 23 in Stockholm is definitely worth a visit. It's very centrally located right in the city centre a few blocks from the central station".

There is also Rebell Hobby, I can't remember the address at the moment, but it was an underground train ride and a bit of a walk, but SWMBO and I found it. The shop also only opens at certain times.

I'm sorry to say that Wentzels Hobby are no longer in business. :( 

But Rebell Hobby is, have a look here for more detailed information relating to how to get there and opening hours. 

https://www.rebell.com/besok/

HTH

Bosse - who miss spending his lunch hour in Wentzels Hobby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marlin said:

I'm sorry to say that Wentzels Hobby are no longer in business. :( 

But Rebell Hobby is, have a look here for more detailed information relating to how to get there and opening hours. 

https://www.rebell.com/besok/

HTH

Bosse - who miss spending his lunch hour in Wentzels Hobby.

I was going to put in my initial reply that some of these shops may not be around now as it was a few years ago that I went to them. Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

There are a few in Milan, some cover RC and may have some kits, others are focused on plastic modelling only.

The largest and best known is Mister Kit.. that however is not in Milan but a city of the "hinterland". If you don't mind using local transport, they can be reached with a combination of underground trains and bus or you could get a cab from the closest tube station.

Think of Mister Kit as the Italian Hannants, they really have a lot of stuff from everywhere in the world, kits aftermarket and accessories, publications, materials... at the same time they are never the cheapest shop in town.

In the city of Milan, so easier to reach, is Hobbylandia. It's a good shop but has a "problem" for me: they seem to deal more with tanks than with aircraft.. that of course would be great if you're into those subjects.

There is another shop I would suggest even if it's not in the city: Modellismo Baracca, in Monza, a city easy to  reach from Milan (really it's part of Milan's metropolitan area). They are well known by car modellers but also deal with everything else. They have a website and as they also sell online you can check if they have the kind of stuff you may be interested in.

Should I have to visit only one I'd go to Mister Kit as they are more likely to have stuff you can't find in other places and they have stuff not easy to get outside Italy, including their own products. Sure they are not in the city but it's worth the trip, trip that would be no longer than going from say Hyde Park to Hendon in London.

If you're "stuck" in the city central area then Hobbylandia may be interesting. In the city centre I would also suggest Hoepli, a large bookshop with a good selection of aviation, military and modelling titles, both Italian and foreign. It's just behind the cathedral square (Piazza del Duomo), so very easy to reach.

Should something else come to my mind I'll add further info here

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 2:07 PM, Giorgio N said:

There are a few in Milan, some cover RC and may have some kits, others are focused on plastic modelling only.

The largest and best known is Mister Kit.. that however is not in Milan but a city of the "hinterland". If you don't mind using local transport, they can be reached with a combination of underground trains and bus or you could get a cab from the closest tube station.

Think of Mister Kit as the Italian Hannants, they really have a lot of stuff from everywhere in the world, kits aftermarket and accessories, publications, materials... at the same time they are never the cheapest shop in town.

In the city of Milan, so easier to reach, is Hobbylandia. It's a good shop but has a "problem" for me: they seem to deal more with tanks than with aircraft.. that of course would be great if you're into those subjects.

There is another shop I would suggest even if it's not in the city: Modellismo Baracca, in Monza, a city easy to  reach from Milan (really it's part of Milan's metropolitan area). They are well known by car modellers but also deal with everything else. They have a website and as they also sell online you can check if they have the kind of stuff you may be interested in.

Should I have to visit only one I'd go to Mister Kit as they are more likely to have stuff you can't find in other places and they have stuff not easy to get outside Italy, including their own products. Sure they are not in the city but it's worth the trip, trip that would be no longer than going from say Hyde Park to Hendon in London.

If you're "stuck" in the city central area then Hobbylandia may be interesting. In the city centre I would also suggest Hoepli, a large bookshop with a good selection of aviation, military and modelling titles, both Italian and foreign. It's just behind the cathedral square (Piazza del Duomo), so very easy to reach.

Should something else come to my mind I'll add further info here

Popped into Hobbylandia today - absolutely stuffed with kits and accessories.  Easy to get to from the centre of Milan on the Metro.  Friendly owner but does not speak English - Only downside there were no prices on the kits so had to keep asking.  Recommended tho- thanks for the tip..