Updates and New Projects for 2023

Peter Hall

Hi Folks,

It's been a while since my last posting on here, so I will go straight into what Atlantic Models released in 2022. 

To start the year HMS Badsworth ATK35071 a Hunt Type2 Destroyer was released after which a 1/700 scale Type 23 Frigate detail set was probably the PE release for the year. 

Things slowed down after that because of domestic and family commitments , but the patterns for HMS Jutland the 1943 Battle Class Destroyer were completed and sent for casting.

Before the summer break the patterns for HMS Severn were completed and sent for casting. Much interest in this subject had been generated after my invitation to visit the ship in Portsmouth generated a great wealth of photos of little seen nooks and crannies. Thanks to Cdr Phil Harper for his hospitality and help.  The HMS Severn kit has now been released in time for Christmas.  HMS Jutland made it to the shelves in September and is available also. 

A small project that came along was more in the hands of my son Chris as he has been getting used to 3D printing and supplying me with some small bits and pieces. He had a go at the  Archer class P2000 patrol craft, and as a result we have an addition to the Narrow Seas Range. HMS Archer in 1/350 scale is small but nicely formed. 

A lot of time was spent having to re organise supplies of photo etched parts, following the demise of Photo Etch Consultants in August. They had been my main suppliers for many years and had been a great help in developing a lot of the more awkward sets that I had released.   It was a few weeks of uncertainty that followed but a new supplier has been found for Atlantic Models and White Ensign Models photo etched sets. So it hopefully back to normality now and the New Year plan is to get down to completing the projects in both photo etched details and ship kits.

1. HMS Tynedale the Type 1 Hunt Class Destroyer.

2. HMS Forth the Batch 2 River class OPV to follow up the HMS Severn kit.

3. HMS Edinburgh the Batch 3 Type 42 Destroyer.

4. 1/700 scale PE Sets for the Invincible class Carriers, Type 45 Destroyer and Type 42 Destroyer.

Anything else will be if I have any year left :D

All the best

Peter Hall

Edited by Peter Hall
  • Like 8