Schnellboot-S-100 - Completed ...

Small update things are moving slow again around here when taking the old kit from the base I remembered I had water lined it so now have to do the same with this one started to remove stuff from the dockside to start on repairs and updates.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Old and new together and now the fun starts.

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 11

On 2/7/2023 at 9:26 PM, Courageous said:

Brave man...

Stuart

Brave or Stupid some might say Stuart but done now.  😰

So her bottom was removed and sanded level also made up the torpedo tubes and primed ready for paint silver with black Tip and Tails also added some decals not used the kit ones everyone goes for the Panther emblem so I went for the ace of Spades and a different number on the bow and started to fit more of the deck fittings gun training frames and vents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 9

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

... also added some decals not used the kit ones everyone goes for the Panther emblem so I went for the ace of Spades and a different number on the bow ...

You rebel you! :winkgrin:

Nice job on the hull beefy.  

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 11:54 AM, robgizlu said:

Somebody clearly heard me........

https://modelshipwrights.com/news/german-life-rafts

Just saying.....:whistle:

Rob

Bit late for this build Rob might invest in some for the next one.  🤔

Tried to to add some details attached some grab rope around the edges and then some work on the dock wall adding some moss growth using up some old model railway ground work litchen.

Yes it is upside down so that it can dry.

And also trying to improve some home made side fenders using some bits from an old alarm clock I cannibalised

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

And also trying to improve some home made side fenders using some bits from an old alarm clock I cannibalised

I hope they don’t ‘resist’ your efforts.

Sorry, I’ll close the door behind me.

Jon

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, beefy66 said:

9 hours ago, Faraway said:

I hope they don’t ‘resist’ your efforts.

Gidday, I expected to see gears and sprockets (I raided on old clock myself many years ago) and I thought "How's he going to use THEM for fenders?" 🙂 It didn't occur to me that it would be an electronic clock. I need to join the 21st century (after a quick visit to the 20th on the way through). 😁

But seriously, I think that's a great idea. So many things can be shanghied for a model.

I thought that triple gun mounting in the second photo was interesting, all 20mm? I didn't notice the mounting in earlier photos. I've not seen that before (except something similar in 'Airwolf').

Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2

Well most of the build work completed now starting to set the boat back at the dock using the Deluxe Materials Making Waves to set in place then will add Vallejo water effects to smooth it out..

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 12

Well it is amazing what you can get done when not at work for a few days even if it is because of two lines on a Covid test three bloody years I have stayed clear of it and my last few weeks at work will show a poor attendance record after only having 6 day's total sick in 33 year's before now.  :angry:.

Oh well just shows me what I have to look forward to in retirement now.  :whistle:

While the base is drying out started on repair work to the dockside crane which is really a railway OO gauge trackside thing but it looks about right for what I want also doing some touch up on the figures not my favourite things to paint in this small scale.

Also want to try and make a set of roll off depth charges similar as to what @Steve D has been making and from a photo in the ship craft book I have. will see how that turns out.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Need a better light set up for the figures sorry.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Need a better light set up for the figures sorry.

Gidday Beefy, I sometimes find (but not always) that if I take photos with the subject on a white background the camera automatically over-compensates and hence closes up a bit too much, leaving the subjects quite dark. I usually try to use a neutral coloured background. I don't know if that is what happened to your last photo. But yeah, good light helps too.

I think that S-boat has come up really well. Good luck with the rest of the dio.       Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1

Agree with the brethren - sorry to hear about the Lurgy - get well soon.

Nice crane and figures 

What do you think about the Deluxe Materials Making Waves?

Malted barley with hops at 4.8% scientifically proven to combat Viral illness :nodding:

Rob

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Beefy, I sometimes find (but not always) that if I take photos with the subject on a white background the camera automatically over-compensates and hence closes up a bit too much, leaving the subjects quite dark. I usually try to use a neutral coloured background. I don't know if that is what happened to your last photo. But yeah, good light helps too.

I think that S-boat has come up really well. Good luck with the rest of the dio.       Regards, Jeff.

31 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Coming back together nicely. Good call on crane

Stay safe and warm

Kev

10 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

Agree with the brethren - sorry to hear about the Lurgy - get well soon.

Nice crane and figures 

What do you think about the Deluxe Materials Making Waves?

Malted barley with hops at 4.8% scientifically proven to combat Viral illness :nodding:

Rob

Cheers lads for the well wishes not actually that bad apart from the snots and cough just keep myself out of the way in modelling room.

Rob been using the making waves for a while now as a base cover then finish off with the Vallejo water effect and cotton wool but for this one will be using Deluxe Solid Water as a top coat will see what that looks like got to try things and see with it being an old base nothing to lose.

Stay Safe 

beefy 

Well roll off mines built good enough for this using plastic tube and Miliput with some plastic strip discs added to the ends also crane repair done just some touch up paint needed.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 8

Small update couple of layers of Solid Water now added to the base this was coloured with some Tamiya Sea Blue and a drop of Flat Black

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 12

• 1 month later...

OK so back to this one trying to now get it completed for the end of this month ready for the SCOT NATS at Perth soooo looking forward to that weekend away

Well first full day of retirement for me and at 56 yr and 10 mth I think I have quite a bit of time on my hands now or so I think the wife and daughter may have other plans.  🤔

Making Waves added to get a wind blown ripple effect still some work to go though and the forward gun ring needs replacing had a small accident with that so a replacement brass one getting made.  :doh:

also starting to add the figures and mooring ropes and some small bits of moss and grass to the dockside.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Gidday Beefy, bored with retirement yet? 😁 Fat chance. 🙂

The model is looking good. I was a bit concerned about the wave pattern in the first photo. The white was rather stark and eye-catching, almost like dazzle camo, and dominated the view. But in the following photos it looks much more realistic. 👍       Regards, Jeff.

1 hour ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

I was a bit concerned about the wave pattern in the first photo. The white was rather stark and eye-catching, almost like dazzle camo, and dominated the view. But in the following photos it looks much more realistic. 

Cheers Jeff yes the making Waves material does dry quite opaque but will then add some Vallejo Clear Water to even out the wave pattern when I am happy with the overall effect.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 1