Schnellboot-S-100 - Completed ...

Well my Thursday night build has just started up again with HMS York being to much to transport to the club I have started on this old kit of the Revell classic 1/72 scale kit with a set from WEM for extra PE detail.

Hopefully this one will be quick and should get me back into some sort of motivation for more builds this year.  :rage:

Build so far hull and decking glued bridge basic shape built and some of the deck fittings engine covers with PE caps fitted.

And a couple of things the BIG FAT LAD left for my Xmas box I must have been a very good boy last year.  :whistle:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

Edited by beefy66
Title change
  • Like 19

A bit of paint added I have gone for the dark grey decking colour I know some people seam to like it as a green but mine is grey so there working from the instruction callouts.

Also started to add some of the deck fittings torpedo tube launcher and vent covers for now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

back to the York build now

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Iceman 29 said:

Hey Beffy.. 😉

1943, Portsmouth. Ordinary Seaman Fred Lammin from Greenford Middlesex meticulously carving a miniature motor-launch.

image.png

Nice one Pascal that is what you call proper modelling.  👍

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Iceman 29 said:

1943, Portsmouth. Ordinary Seaman Fred Lammin from Greenford Middlesex meticulously carving a miniature motor-launch.

In his right hand he has an antique 3D printer.

• Haha 5

Gent's thanks for the likes and comments.

Well small update from the weekend work been adding some details to the deck fittings and bridge and the aft gun.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And last of the chrimbo presents have arrived only twelve weeks until I will have a lot of time to myself.  :thumbsup:

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 11

On 1/23/2023 at 2:58 PM, S-boat 55 said:

Looking great so far, 

I really ought to get one of these myself 😉

Great kits with or without added extras.

On 1/24/2023 at 12:59 AM, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday @beefy66, she's looking very good. I like those bulk milk containers on the quarterdeck. Is she doing a milk-run or do the crew drink a lot of coffee? 😁 Regards, Jeff.

Coffee Jeff I got that wrong I thought it was for the Schnapps.  :drunk:

On 1/24/2023 at 9:26 AM, robgizlu said:

Looking very fine Beefy thought that square raft is crying out to b detailed!

Rob

More detail he said it is supposed to be a quick build but I can see your point working on it now Boss.

17 hours ago, Steve D said:

Dark grey deck is the right call Beefy, add a little hint of blue perhaps. Are you going to weather it?

cheers

steve

Weathering most definitely Steve something along these lines while at the Bolton show last week I picked up this book gave me a few ideas for the build.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Using a sponge to apply some scratches and washes / streaks using Windsor and Newton Raw Umber oils

spacer.png

Looking at the PE for the railing with the canvas cover I think they look a little to flat so trying the kit parts with some tissue paper the kind you get in a shoe box.

spacer.png

I have already built this kit way back in 2003 it has been up in the loft for a few years and has ended up damaged the plan is to remove the old one which was built OOB and refresh and repair the dockside and use the white metal figures again.

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 13

I like all the details incorperated into this amazing diorama. The mooring and the trailer ferrying the torpedo towards the Schnellboot are few of many things that grab my eyes. Great job! 🙌

• Thanks 1