Jaguar E-Type from Revell

Hi all!!

Time has come to finish my latest build, the Jaguar E-Type from Revell.
It had around 150 parts, so not too easy but not too complicated.
Before this I did the Aoshima Pagani Huayra which had like 300, so this one was a walk in the park haha.
The kit quality was amazing! I am in this hobby for one year now and shamefully I didn't do a Revell kit yet. This was my first.
All the parts fit perfectly. I had only 2 minor issues, one with the bonnet which required a bit of bending to fit properly and have equal panel gaps, and the second with the headlamps clear glass assembly. It was tricky to put it properly in place and make it stay.
Other than that, I used Tamiya LP for the interior, and Alclad Dark Aluminum for the exterior. I kept the chromed parts out of the box, just corrected the sprue marks with molotov chrome pen. The chrome quality is not perfect, but is OK. The fixation of the chrome parts to the sprue could've been chosen better by Revell, because lots of them are in really visible places.

Last but not least (because probably it took more than the build itself haha) I made a video of the assembly. As some of you may know I animate the builds in stop motion animation using LEGO minifigures. This time I went the extra mile and added sound to the LEGO to bring them to life. Check that out as well!
Cheers and I wish everyone a new year full of great finished kits!!!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

The Jaguar E-Type looks really tiny compared to the BMW E30 or M635CSi. It is a visual way of seeing how much the cars increased in size over the time!

<YOUTUBE LINK REMOVED>

Edited by Mike
YouTube links to monetised channels aren't permitted on Britmodeller
  • Like 21

Very clean beautiful build on this Jag and nice to see one in silver over red vs. the typical BRG.  You did a great job using a black wash on the kit-supplied wire wheels, hard to believe they are a one-piece molded chrome plated, they look like PE wheels in your photos. Keep building & posting!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Toftdale said:

An impressive build, even more so when you've only been modelling for year. Top job - Andy 

Thank you, Andy! I am an automotive engineer as profession, and this hobby really ticks all my boxes, so I really went full throttle and dedicated to it a lot! A bit expensive to buy all the "decent" stuff but I will use them forever.

17 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Beautiful model in a stunning colour!

Thank you! It is the Alclad Dark Aluminum.

17 hours ago, Fnick said:

That is just gorgeous. Lovely colour and build.

Nick

Thank you, Nick! 

17 hours ago, Neddy said:

Beautifully built, detailed and finished model.  Love the video too!

Thank you, Neddy, glad that you liked it!

14 hours ago, nearsightedjohn said:

Very clean beautiful build on this Jag and nice to see one in silver over red vs. the typical BRG.  You did a great job using a black wash on the kit-supplied wire wheels, hard to believe they are a one-piece molded chrome plated, they look like PE wheels in your photos. Keep building & posting!

Thank you! Indeed they look good with the black wash. I will look into 3D printing in the future to be able to cheaply print my 3D wheels because some models have really bad wheels and the wheels are impacting so much the aspect of the car!

12 hours ago, desert falcon said:

Another impressive build from your side 👍 Even your videos are getting better and better !! Can’t you teach them LEGO fellas to paint as well :)  

I am so happy to see that somebody really knows my videos and keeps watching them evolve!!! I just received a paint booth as a gift so I might "make" them paint in the next video, I will think about how to do :) Cheers!

11 hours ago, dbostream said:

Beautiful build. My kit also has bonnet fit issues hopefully I can make mine look decent when I build it.

Thank you! I tried to bend mine by heating it a bit. I was afraid of breaking it so i didn't insist too much. But if you have a bit of courage I am sure it will work :)

11 hours ago, Spiny said:

That's a lovely build, looks great in the photos. As others have said, it's hard to believe from the pics that you've only been doing this a year. I wish I could progress that fast!

Thank you, Spiny! Consistency is key! :)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bubbletop said:

Excellent results on the Jag and the clever construction video.

My only slight criticism would be that the music elements are too loud over the dialogue sections of the video making it tricky to hear the words.

Thank you! 

Indeed I realised that after I listened to my video on other device than my laptop...on my laptop seemed fine unfortunately.

It is the first time I am doing the sound like that so I have to learn :)

See you in the next one!

13 hours ago, Noel Smith said:

Raul, take a look at Motobitz website. They have some really nice 3D printed wire wheels for the Jaguar on 1/24 1/32 and 1/43 scales.

Thank you for the tip. I really wish I would buy a 3D printer but I will have to move in the upcoming future so I want to avoid having to carry an extra thing on top of my 99999 paints and hobby related stuff haha

But I will definitely buy one and print the wheels, because they make a huuuuge difference on how real a model looks like.

Thanks again!

12 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Nice build. Looks really impressive. There is big variation in quality of Revell kits. So don't expect same for all of them.

Thank you.

Dang, I thought I found the golden mine of scale modeling kits xD

Thanks for the tip, I have a friend which shared the same opinion, let's see what comes next! 

Cheers

• 3 months later...